Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jan 09, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
jaci
Apprentice Imagineer

royal carribean v carnival ?

just thought I would ask for those who have been on a cruise with either of these companies what their opinion is of either or? I have cruised with disney and rcl and thought rcl was great, but would consider carnival any thoughts?
jaci is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 09, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Jaci ... you may be better off putting this question into the cruise line thread. It's not just about Disney cruises .. lots of other reports are on there too (Although you should look at Disney cruises of course)!

ETA: This has already been moved to Cruise area!
Old 1 Jan 09, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post

only been on one cruise and that was 15 years ago! but it was with rcl and would go with them again at the drop of a hat!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 09, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
N52939
Apprentice Imagineer

Have been with both Carnival and RCL. Had the choice of similar cruises for our next trip, one Carnival and the other RCL. The RCL was around $200 more but we thought that it was worth it. We found that the RCL experience was just that little bit better all round.
N52939 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 09, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
jaci
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by N52939 View Post
Have been with both Carnival and RCL. Had the choice of similar cruises for our next trip, one Carnival and the other RCL. The RCL was around $200 more but we thought that it was worth it. We found that the RCL experience was just that little bit better all round.
I thought RCL might have the "edge" we have enjoyed our cruise with them and really enjoyed the food and service onboard might just be swayed towards booking with them again!
jaci is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 09, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
debs1505
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
I've done RCL, NCL and Carnival and my first choice would be RCL. But saying that, I would do them all again, but to me RCL had the edge - slightly better furnishings, better entertainment etc. But if there was a huge price difference, wouldnt hesitate and go with Carnival
Old 2 Jan 09, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jaci
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by debs1505 View Post
I've done RCL, NCL and Carnival and my first choice would be RCL. But saying that, I would do them all again, but to me RCL had the edge - slightly better furnishings, better entertainment etc. But if there was a huge price difference, wouldnt hesitate and go with Carnival
thanks debs!
Old 5 Jan 09, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post

I would also say that RCL have the edge, just that bit better and a better loyalty scheme.
Old 7 Jan 09, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post

RCL or Carnival

Have never been with RCL so cannot comment. Can only say that have done two Carnival cruises and found them to be great value for money. Food was great, entertainment a bit cheesy at times but generally good. The ship was spotless and the staff were very friendly. Both our kids loved the kids club and could not be dragged away - gives you a little bit of adult time. Carnival are very family orientated with a relaxed atmosphere.

Which ever you choose hope you have a great time.

Christine
Old 7 Jan 09, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread