Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Feb 16, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
poohsfriend
Excited about Disney

I did my ADRs on Saturday so have just checked my credit card. It doesn't look like Disney have even put a hold on any money. We are on DDP though so I know even our Hoop dee doo tickets are secured under the dining plan.
Old 22 Feb 16, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

I did all my first lot on 12th Feb then all last week up to Saturday I did them day by day.
I've just checked my card and see no transactions or hold placed. Maybe they did put a hold on my first day I don't know but that would have dropped off by now. Definately not been charged though
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 16, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I certainly didn't notice this last year.
Some banks don't display pre-auths particularly helpfully and it can appear as a charge even if it isn't.
My available balance may have been reduced but there's definitely nothing showing in my app.
It should drop off. As others have said, they just need to check that it's a valid card.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 16, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I notice there is always a Disney pending transaction when I make a booking, but it never properly comes off.
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 16, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

This is a global standard for online merchant sales. Why get angry about it?

Putting a hold or authorization for a minuscule amount of money when making a purchase online is a way to verify the card that's been input exists.
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 16, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Morrisons do this every week with my online shop and hold £1 but it drops off once the actual shopping is charged.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 16, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

Well i've let amex deal with this now!
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 16, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
They do the same thing when you put a card against your room for charging.

And I don't know OP which financial institution you are with but most of them know about this and certainly don't view it as fraud situation.
That's not true. Banks and credit card companies have alerts set up to bring small payments like this to their attention. Especially f it happens overseas and they have reason to believe you have not left the country.
I've been contacted by my credit card company because of small transactions like this. Nothing to do with Disney but someone in America had gotten hold of my details, and apparently scammers will try to buy things at small amounts under £1-£2 and then if there are no problems then they take you for all you've got.

Happened to me last year, unfortunately it happened on a Friday night so card company didn't notice any suspicious transactions until the Monday morning, and I got a phone call at 8.15 that morning. Because it was abroad, and small transactions they flagged it up. By that stage they had tried to book a holiday to Spain on the card, but they cancelled that payment and the 2 small payments which were 60p and £1.39 were cancelled.
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 16, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by lilo82 View Post
So just been contacted by fraud protection, it appears disney has been taking $1 to secure adrs. Anyone else had this problem.
If I read your original post correctly, you're not complaining about the fact that Disney (or anywhere else) has put a $1 hold/pending transaction on your card for ADRs. However, you are complaining that AMEX's fraud protection is somewhat heavy-handed and stopped this pending transaction? And, therefore, this may have cancelled your ADRs?

I can see that a CC company might stop this transaction because it's unusual; it's a foreign transaction that may have occurred on the same day you used the card in the UK. But it does seem a bit severe.

I think you had the right idea contacting AMEX to get them to sort it out and approve these small pending transactions.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 06:23 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 16, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
If I read your original post correctly, you're not complaining about the fact that Disney (or anywhere else) has put a $1 hold/pending transaction on your card for ADRs. However, you are complaining that AMEX's fraud protection is somewhat heavy-handed and stopped this pending transaction? And, therefore, this may have cancelled your ADRs?

I can see that a CC company might stop this transaction because it's unusual; it's a foreign transaction that may have occurred on the same day you used the card in the UK. But it does seem a bit severe.

I think you had the right idea contacting AMEX to get them to sort it out and approve these small pending transactions.
Spot on. The main question is are the ADRs still on your account? Worth checking to see if they got declined as the card was also declined due to Amex fraud.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread