Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 2 Apr 18, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
justmagical
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Happy Easter CBRers past & present.
Was just thinking back to this time last year when all the comp posts were happening and Papa Mouse's letter.😂
Can't believe that was a year ago.
Was thinking of posting a few CBR tips on here today for future CBR'ers 😊
I’d love to read some tips please as it’s 9 yrs since I’ve stayed at CBR!
justmagical is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 18, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi, sorry I didn't get back with other tips. Keep getting distracted, I will definitely finish my post later today 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 18, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Only just paid attention to this thread - we've done POR twice as extended family dos, and CBR twice just the three of us, and so I said to the missus on our 2016 trip this feels like "home"...
Now I may change my mind again this Summer when we're in POR as just our little family of three (it may grab me again, the boat to Springs, the grounds etc), but until I read this thread, I was completely oblivious that CBR was going to be DVC. Really tempted to jump on board DVC, so it could become "home" for real!
Old 3 Apr 18, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Imagineer

and off we go again! gosh we love this thread
AOA Mermaid - Dec 21 Silver Palms - Kissimmee - Oct 22 DLP: Sante Fe - Nov 22
Endless Summer-Dockside & Cruise - May 25
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 18, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetums
VIP Dibber

We had already decided to embrace the 1QS breakfast buffet, but now I know we only need the 2 to go! Even more bargainlicious. Grab breakfast, head to the bus, eat on the way. Again, not sure what to do if they decide to re open OPR in October!
2016 Shamu Sanctuary Dibb Villa WDW - 2017 DLP
2018 CBR WDW Halloween 2019 West Coast trip
2019 CBR WDW December
2022 CBR WDW December
Sweetums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry this is taking so long -
Tip no 2 - Buses:
Buses start at Martinique, then: old port royal, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica & last stop Aruba.
Apart from around 7am-9am ish when there are 2 separate bus runs one for Jamaica & Aruba(starting at Jamaica) and one for Martinique, OPR, TN & TS(starting at Martinique.
This order may well change once building works have finished so I'd keep an eye out for possible change of bus pick up order

Buses can be very busy, especially in the mornings and if a bus fills at the first couple of stops it won't stop at the others it'll go straight to the parks and if you are at one of the last stops it is often standing room only.

If relying on the Disney buses you have a disability, have a baby and/or very young children or have an early ADR, these are a few tips that might help you?

Martinique is always first stop at the moment so although set in the middle of building works, you might not want to request to stay here, but you'd be fine getting on your chosen bus here.

There are less people in Martinique village(as half was demolished) so less people waiting at bus stop.

ATM it's a good place to head to to get buses to parks, especially if you are staying in Aruba, which is always the last bus stop - or - the OPR bus stop, this is second stop and when we've got the bus from here have always managed to get a seat.
OPR is a good choice as it's the closest stop to food tent and so you could go for breakfast or get a takeaway and go straight to the bus stop from there.

They are currently constructing new bus shelters at OPR, so this may become a new central hub for buses once complete? Waiting for more info on that .
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

This is a picture of one of our takeaway breakfasts.
There were also a couple of cinnamon rolls in there too, but I took them out before taking this photo.
Gives you an idea of what you can fit in the takeaway tub 😊
Old 4 Apr 18, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
justmagical
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

There were also a couple of cinnamon rolls in there too, but I took them out before taking this photo.
Wow that’d feed us all!
justmagical is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
PIGLET38
Imagineer

Wow that's very roomy and well worth 1QS credit to take away and share between us. Thanks for posting the picture.

1993 & 1994 Kissimmee*1999 ASM*2000 Lindfields*2006 Pop Century*2010 Windsor Hills, AKL & ASM*2012 Villa Greater Groves*2014 Cabana Bay/Disney Cruise*Apr2016 Villa Whispering Oaks*Aug2016 Highlands Reserve & RPR*Apr2018 CBR*July2018 HR Villa & Anna Maria*AUG2019 HRH*Dec 2022 Regal Oaks*Mar 2023 HR Villa*
PIGLET38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
PIGLET38
Imagineer

Sorry this is taking so long -
Tip no 2 - Buses:
Buses start at Martinique, then: old port royal, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica & last stop Aruba.
Apart from around 7am-9am ish when there are 2 separate bus runs one for Jamaica & Aruba(starting at Jamaica) and one for Martinique, OPR, TN & TS(starting at Martinique.
This order may well change once building works have finished so I'd keep an eye out for possible change of bus pick up order

Buses can be very busy, especially in the mornings and if a bus fills at the first couple of stops it won't stop at the others it'll go straight to the parks and if you are at one of the last stops it is often standing room only.

If relying on the Disney buses you have a disability, have a baby and/or very young children or have an early ADR, these are a few tips that might help you?

Martinique is always first stop at the moment so although set in the middle of building works, you might not want to request to stay here, but you'd be fine getting on your chosen bus here.

There are less people in Martinique village(as half was demolished) so less people waiting at bus stop.

ATM it's a good place to head to to get buses to parks, especially if you are staying in Aruba, which is always the last bus stop - or - the OPR bus stop, this is second stop and when we've got the bus from here have always managed to get a seat.
OPR is a good choice as it's the closest stop to food tent and so you could go for breakfast or get a takeaway and go straight to the bus stop from there.

They are currently constructing new bus shelters at OPR, so this may become a new central hub for buses once complete? Waiting for more info on that .
Great info on the buses. We are only there for 6 days for this trip and will only be using the buses so think it will probably be a good idea to walk to Martinique to get the bus.

1993 & 1994 Kissimmee*1999 ASM*2000 Lindfields*2006 Pop Century*2010 Windsor Hills, AKL & ASM*2012 Villa Greater Groves*2014 Cabana Bay/Disney Cruise*Apr2016 Villa Whispering Oaks*Aug2016 Highlands Reserve & RPR*Apr2018 CBR*July2018 HR Villa & Anna Maria*AUG2019 HRH*Dec 2022 Regal Oaks*Mar 2023 HR Villa*
PIGLET38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List