Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Aug 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
tory79
Excited about Disney

Mobile Wot, no Disney?! August 2019 Day 11

Day 11! I hate the swirling vortex of time that is the run up to the end of a holiday.

Today we were mopping up a few last things we wanted to get done in the parks. Definitely no more goes on minions or Gringotts though! So we arrived at US at 9. We headed straight for transformers as both boys wanted to do it again, which was a walk on. They asked to do it again straight away so I took them on that while dh went to get a coffee. We met him afterwards. Ds2 wanted to go back on Simpson’s, so he and I went to do that while dh and DS1 took his wand back to Ollivanders as the tip had come off. They replaced this no problem.

Once ds2 and I had finished minions we went round to Diagon alley to meet them. DS1 was doing spells and was sure his wand was working better than before!

We got the train over to Hogsmeade. Hagrids was closed for quite a while this morning, but a stroke of luck meant that we were able to ride with a relatively short wait time. Such an amazing ride.

Next was lunch at the Three Broomsticks. We all had fish and chips. $70 for some fairly small platefuls of fish and chips 😂 ah well. We also had a butterbeer and apple and pear ciders.

Wait times for a lot of the rides were pretty high this morning, I think due to Hagrids being closed people had drifted off to do other things as the staff had made it sound (when we went to ask them when it might reopen) as if there was serious problem and it could be closed for the day. So now it was open the rest of the park was a bit quieter again. Next up for us was Forbidden Journey. Another new one for DS1. I thought he would hate it but he actually quite liked it and was happy enough to go on it again as we’d done child swap. Then DS1 wanted to look in Honeydukes and both boys chose some sweets.

We decided to start making our way out of the park now. We walked back via Seuss Landings where for some reason ds2 wanted to do The Cat in the Hat again. I hate this ride! Somehow it ended up being me taking the boys in while dh waited. Last on our list of things to do today was Storm Force Accelatron which we’ve never done. I hate tea cup style rides so dh took them on this. They all enjoyed it.

Back to the hotel now. Dh decided to take the boys to the hotel arcade again for a little bit as they’d been asking (and he loves it too) I stayed in the room and showered and changed ready for our meal tonight at Hard Rock.

We got the bus over to Citywalk. I already knew what I’d be having tonight, the spring rolls followed by the salmon! This is what I had on our first night and I enjoyed it so much! I also had 3 different cocktails tonight, a sparkling blue Hawaiian, a berry banana colada and a hurricane. All great! Dh had chicken tenders to start again, followed by the gold leaf burger, a burger that actually has a layer of gold leaf on it, and if you order it they donate $1 to a food charity. Seems very odd to us! Here, eat some gold and we’ll donate to people who can’t afford food... anyway...

he also had a strawberry mojito and a purple haze. The boys had the usual fare of cheeseburgers and chicken tenders. Ds2 will turn in to a chicken tender soon I think.

All good and our server was lovely and chatty. We exited via the gift shop of course and I bought a T-shirt I’d been looking at the other day.

We decided to head in to IOA for a bit. It was a lovely temperature and the park was emptying out quite rapidly so we had a nice wander. I love Hogwarts at night it’s just spectacular.

Both boys were getting tired now so we decided to head out, picking up minions cupcakes and cookies on our way out. Does anything look better than the chocolate emporium at night?

We went for the boat but there was a big queue and no sign of any boats for a while so I made the in hindsight poor decision that we should head for a bus instead, goodness the queue was huge! Don’t get me wrong there were a lot of buses and staff were loading everyone on very efficiently there were just so many people! We should have stuck with the boat. Anyway never mind...
we didn’t get back until about 10:45 and chucked the boys and ourselves straight in to bed.