Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 1 Jun 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by samhartwell View Post
yes that's my worry, also I can't really commit to booking any flights right now given the current travel advice.

I will wait and see what DVC rental come back with but just wondering from a n owners perspective what happens to those bookings that cannot be honored due to covid-19 closure (do they really have to be used in that period of time ie up to June 2021 for that owner or is there flexibility?)

Sam
It depends on which use year the owner used to book with. If they are selling banked points they may be at risk of losing them, if current year they are likely to get an extension, if borrowed then they will be returned to the borrowed year.

It's not straightforward and every owner will have different criteria.

Overall I think your safest option is to try for insurance refund.

Edit - I hadn't read the reply by BBear - that is a well reasoned way to go about it.

Edited at 04:50 PM.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by samhartwell View Post
Yes so its covered under our insurance (28 days before booking) in theory anyway, but I need confirmation that the booking is cancelled, which I haven't received yet.

But I have paid for the booking and the owner has been paid and in theory rent these points again if we can't re-book by May 2021?

Sam
It’s hard to say what the owner can/will do, but that’s beyond your control anyway.

If they were 2019 points DVC is allowing these to be extended till May 21. If they are 2020 points they will also expire end of May, unless the owner chooses to bank them. Based on a June use year.

I would try your insurance first. But if the resort opens I’m not sure where you stand as you would be cancelling.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
It’s hard to say what the owner can/will do, but that’s beyond your control anyway.

If they were 2019 points DVC is allowing these to be extended till May 21. If they are 2020 points they will also expire end of May, unless the owner chooses to bank them. Based on a June use year.

I would try your insurance first. But if the resort opens I’m not sure where you stand as you would be cancelling.
thanks I need to be patient and wait and see

as far as I know disneyland not planning to open until at least july 11 so would be after our dates and also disney not cancelling until around 7 days prior

I have also contacted the DVC company so going to wait and see what comes out in the wash

thanks all

i did pay on credit card so have that route too
Aug 2015 - West Coast road trip number 2
July 2017 - East & West Coast trip No 3
samhartwell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List