Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jun 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lozkin View Post
We were supposed to be staying there!
Us too! ,2 rooms
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by linnite View Post
We had a 3 night stay at AKL club level as a treat. It's lovely of course, but the pool is probably not the best if you think you are likely to be using it more than average this visit. And the location, it's not a good all rounder as regards travel to the parks. Given a straight choice between Gran Destino and AKL, no cash involved, I would go Gran Destino. To be fair that's probably influenced by it being new to me.
I’d agree! I’d rather be in Contemporary though- that’s a good upgrade for location alone.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

They are unlikely to upgrade you to deluxe unless there is no availability at another moderate. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to the Yacht club when CBR renovations we’re underway but that was only because we were a family of 5 and they had no 5 bed rooms available at any moderate. Most people got moved to POR
2022 - Planning our return trip
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
caro
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I’d agree! I’d rather be in Contemporary though- that’s a good upgrade for location alone.
We stayed at The Contemporary previously and they lost our luggage! AKL is on my bucket list
Think I'll hang on a bit longer and see what happens. If we end up rescheduling, I'll look at AKL instead Still want to stay at Gran Destino at some point though.
All good excuses for extra trips
caro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wereallmadhere View Post
If Disney are going the route of letting you pre book for one park a day and getting rid of the hopper option, have they said anything as to what would happen if say you booked Hollywood studios for your day, could you go in the morning, then back to hotel resort for a swim and then go back into hollywood studios? Or would the system say as tou have left you cant then have re entry?
Short answer- no one knows yet. Disney have said they are aiming for mid June for the reservation system and I expect more details then.
Old 3 Jun 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

With the park hours significantly reduced (10-7) then park hopping is not really something that is feasible for most people. Same for going back to the hotel pool in the afternoon and then returning back to the parks
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
With the park hours significantly reduced (10-7) then park hopping is not really something that is feasible for most people. Same for going back to the hotel pool in the afternoon and then returning back to the parks
I'm not optimistic that this holiday is really going to be about the parks at all. If we are still going it is because we love Florida, to maybe do things a little differently, and above all because we have flights paid for

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Surfside and A/S Music... Feb '24 Surfside
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

Just read on a Disney blog (not official) that some of the likely (distanced) locations for characters around MK are princess and princes on the balcony at Cinderellas castle, characters on board Liberty Belle on Rivers of America and Mickey, Minnie and Friends at the station on Main Street. My kids love the meet and greets but seeing characters around the parks will be lovely rather than keeping them behind closed doors.
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I think they want people to cancel
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
lozkin
Getting Excited

Mobile

We chose Coronado as it was the cheapest “free dining” hotel. We’ve stayed at All Star Sports and Movies before and really enjoyed it, especially with 2 young kids. Presumably if the holiday does go ahead and the NBA are at Coronado we would get moved to a different moderate?
lozkin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List