Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 14 Aug 19, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post
tory79
Excited about Disney

Mobile Wot, no Disney?! August 2019 Day 9

I woke up quite early this morning, just before 6. Everyone else slept until nearly 7:30 which slightly scuppered our morning plans of heading to Volcano Bay for 7:30! We decided to shelve that. Dh was not too disappointed as he burnt his shoulders the other day and they’re still a bit sore. We weren’t going to a park this morning as we would be leaving about 11 to go to brunch at Chef Mickeys! I have been looking forward to this day since we got here as I want some Disney and we’ve never been to Chef Mickeys before!

So instead it was the usual cereal for breakfast (except for me, I’m still eating my apple fritter voodoo donut!) and then dh decided to take the boys to check out the arcade in the hotel. They all love arcade games, I hate them! And who wants to spend your holiday doing this! But hey, it kept them quiet for a while!

We got an Uber around 10:50 and it took about 20m to get to the Contemporary. I swear the Uber arrived before DH had even pressed confirm, they’re so quick here! Our reservation wasn’t until 11:50 but we wanted to have a look around as we’ve never visited the Contemporary before. As it turns out there’s not really that much to see so we just pottered about the gift shop and endeavoured to keep the boys under control while we waited. I find the Contemporary a very strange looking hotel. I mean, it’s a deluxe but it looks like a multi story car park. Anyway... we didn’t get a table until just after 12. I took the boys up to get food. They do like a buffet. (As do I!)

Yep it’s a plate of tater tots!

I didn’t take any photos of dh’s food but he had a big plate of mac n cheese that he said was delicious! No one liked the beef sausages, the pork was much better. Of note to me was the jalapeño cornbread - man that was spicy! I had to leave the jalapeños but the actual corn bread was lovely. And the shrimp and grits, that was really nice, I wish I’d had more. The rest of it was fine but standard buffet fare. Tasty but nothing to write home about. The best dessert was a mixed berry cake. Obviously we were there for the characters anyway, which me and the boys were excited about, dh is not fussed!

Goofy was the best, the others were fairly quick to move on. Ds2 dropped his fork when Goofy arrived at our table and he went and got him another cutlery set!

Suitably stuffed and all the characters done we headed out about 1:30. As we were here we decided to get on the monorail and go and nosy at the Poly and the GF. As we headed up to the monorail I had my first castle view of the holiday! Always exciting, no matter what the angle!

First stop the Poly. I thought this was very pretty. When we arrived there were characters wondering around the lobby, Mickey, Goofy, Lilo and Stitch. They were great with the kids! There was a really nice vibe here I thought.

Next up GF. The lobby smells amazing 😂 Personally it’s a little old fashioned for my taste but dh loved it. The boys loved this little table and chairs and the tv...

Then we called an Uber to go back to Cabana Bay. We had our usual couple of hours of chill time here. I was so full I think I dozed off for a bit. The boys played on their iPads and dh watched stuff on his. We had no dinner plans and I for one wasn’t hungry after lunch. So we ended up faffing about what to do until it became too late to do anything other than go to the Bayliner Diner again. Funnily enough ds2 had been asking to go here but we didn’t recognise it from his description until the last minute as he kept talking about metal bars and square waffle 😂

Tea tonight then was chicken Alfredo for both me and dh, very nice but I couldn’t finish it! DS1 had 2 pb&j sandwiches, apple slices and a donut, and ds2 had spaghetti and meatballs followed by a donut.

Boys to bed and pyjamas on for us!

Only 4 full days left 😧