Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Aug 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
chazb
Excited about Disney

Mobile Baulys offsite- Day 11- live aug 19

#Baulysoffsite

Day 11

Sorry for the delay. I was so tired when we got home last night. It also rained from about 1pm onwards so I didnt take many pics.

So on tuesday the weather said it was going to rain all day and thats why I chose to do universal that day as many of the rides are inside, so they wouldnt keep stopping and in the end we got a tiny 15 min storm and then yesterday when we were at IOA it rained most of the afternoon and could hardly get on anything as theres only 2 indoor rides, so I should have done the days the other way round. Oh well.

We were out the room by 8.30 and walked straight round to IOA and were there as it opened at 9. Adam went straight onto hulk and rode that and was pretty much straight on. I then took the kids to spiderman, who was really good with them and spent a long time chatting to them.

We then went on the spiderman ride, I stayed off with darcey and finley and would ride when the others came back. I then went back on with dad, adam and phoebs. Just over halfway through the screen went all funny and we broke down. We were probably sitting there for a good 20 mins and then they had to come and get us out of the car and we had to walk along the track to the exit. They were very strict about people not filming or taking photos. We all got given a fastpass, and even though we had the express passes we took them as we would gift them to a family. Adam later gave them to a family who were so grateful.

Just as we were about to leave the area, the superheroes all came out on their quad bikes so we went and met a couple of them too. Again they were really good character meets and spent ages chatting to the kids. Finley much preferred these characters, I think because they can talk, and gave storm quite a few cuddles.

Next we went on bilge rat barges. Me, adam and darcey went in 1st. It all started to pour with rain when we were on this and we were saturated when we got off but still loads of fun, my mum, dad, phoebs and darc all went on after. Poor darcey looked like a drown rat.

We were all hungry at this point so went back round to the entrance so we could grab some coffee and cakes from the bakery. We all had a different cake and the girls and finley had some ice cream. It had stopped raining by this point and we dryed out sitting here in the sun.

We carried on the other direction and came to suess landing. The kids all wanted to queue for red fish,
Blue fish and just as we were about to scan their passes, I realised darcey didnt have hers round her nexk anymore. Adam took her off to see if it was where we were having lunch and on the way round she remmebered she had left it in the toilet. Adam found a toilet attendant but she said it had already been sent round to lost and found so they went round to pick it up from there.

This is when it started to rain and didnt really stop. It would get a bit less heavy so we would walk on to the next area and then have to take cover again when it was torrential again. There was also lightning all around. Around 4ish, after hearing other people and looking at the weather it wasnt really going to stop we decided we should probably make our way out. Phoebe was devastated and couldnt stop crying. She was desperate to go on the harry potter roller coaster and the jurrasic park ride. I felt really bad for her but there was nothing we could do.
When we got to spiderman the wait was 65 mins and the guy on the entrance wsaid express was 30 mins. Me and mum were willing to queue that with phoebe ao we took her back on that, the wait was only about 15 mins in the end and when we came out it was pouring again so we waited in the shop a bit.

Walked back to the hard rock and got the car and left. The sat nav said 50 mins to home. The traffic and weather were really bad. We decided to eat at rock and brews tonight. Was really nice and a good atmosphere. We probably arrived around 6ish and was a 20 min wait but heard her say around 45 min wait when we were leaving. We had

C- half rack of ribs
A- meat feat pizza
M- chicken pasta
D- ham and mushroom pizza
P- cheeseburger
D & f- shared a nugget meal. When i was ordering I said they would be sharing and they put it out on 2 seperate plates already portioned out, which was really nice of them.

Home and all of us in bed by 9.

Spends- reactivate one refill cup $9
Coffee and cakes $29
Ice creams and one frozen coffee- $13
Bluberry muffin $2.68
Dinner at rock and brews with tip $96

chazb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

What a shame with the weather xx
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
tory79
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We were there yesterday too! Got stuck in a shop for about 45m before eventually just making a run for it. That’s been the worst spell of rain we’ve had this holiday.