Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 Oct 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lyrad
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile Hs emh

Hello going in 11 days ☺️ just wondering what are people doing about emh at Hollywood studios ? I.e are you getting there for 6 or will getting there at half 7/8 suffice to make the most of walk on rides? Thanks
Lyrad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
grommitt
Excited about Disney

planning on getting there for 6. hope to do quitea bit before the pak opens.
grommitt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Mobile

We’re planning to do 2 early mornings, getting there for 6am & leaving at 9am when the park opens to offsite guests. We’ll then go back for a nap before we head to a different park.

Planning to fit what we can in during those hours but we won’t stress over it too much as we have another full day & then an evening visit pencilled in for later in the holiday 😊

DLP: 2019, Feb: Santa Fe
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
PCBatman
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Lyrad View Post
Hello going in 11 days ☺️ just wondering what are people doing about emh at Hollywood studios ? I.e are you getting there for 6 or will getting there at half 7/8 suffice to make the most of walk on rides? Thanks
We got there for just before 6am...already a big crowd inside HS we were worried that we would spend ages in the the queue for smugglers run but in fact we basically walked on. Then we went over to slinky dog dash that was only 20 mins at that point. We ended up doing every big ride within 2 hours, early morning but a lot done!.
Disneyland Paris - Nov 2018
PCBatman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Lyrad

Mobile

So I suppose what I’m saying is do I need to be there at 6 or will it be sufficient to turn up at say half 7?
Old 3 Oct 19, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Mobile

So I suppose what I’m saying is do I need to be there at 6 or will it be sufficient to turn up at say half 7?
Personally I’d say if you can manage getting there for 6am, do it. You’d certainly got more done & with a lot less crowds. That said you’d still get a good portion of it done at 7:30 so I guess it depends if you’re willing to wake up that early on holiday, not everyone is.

DLP: 2019, Feb: Santa Fe
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
Imagineer

Astrid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Last week we got there shortly after 7.30am and it was great. We did walk on TOT and RnRC then wandered over to Galaxys Edge and did single rider on Smugglers Run (we ended up on the same ride as engineers), only queued for about 5-10 minutes, the other queue was about 30 minutes.

There were people around but by no means was it full or very busy.

We then went to Toy Story Land and waiting about 10 minutes, if that, for Toy Story Mania, the queue for Slinky Dog Dash was about 40 minutes by that time. Did some character meets without much of a queue (Chewbacca, Olaf etc)

In hindsight I should have booked FP for SDD rather than TOT as we didn't end up using that and left HS about 11.30am having done everything we wanted, and more.

Have fun

October '89 - Quality Inn; March '99 & March '01 - Comfort Inn LBV; March '02 - ASMu; May '03 - Royal Plaza, Hard Rock & Polynesian;
December '03 - Grand Marriot, Hard Rock & Dolphin; May '04 - Dolphin & WDW Yacht Club
October '05 - Hard Rock & Villa; May/June '07 - Villa & RPH; Feb '09 - Villa; Oct/Nov '13 - Villa
April '18 - Hard Rock; Sept ‘19 - Villa
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Lyrad

Mobile

Originally Posted by HappyThoughts View Post
Personally I’d say if you can manage getting there for 6am, do it. You’d certainly got more done & with a lot less crowds. That said you’d still get a good portion of it done at 7:30 so I guess it depends if you’re willing to wake up that early on holiday, not everyone is.
That’s the thing I’ve got a 6 and a 2 year old in tow would be a VERY long day if getting up to go the parks for 6 😂
Old 4 Oct 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

That’s the thing I’ve got a 6 and a 2 year old in tow would be a VERY long day if getting up to go the parks for 6 😂
Yea in your case I’d definitely aim for 7:30am 😂

To be honest it’s going to be bad enough getting up at 6am with my kids & they’re 11 & 10, as well as my bro who’s 22! Whats worse is only DS (11) likes Star Wars as well, so the rest of us aren’t exactly motivated to be getting up at 4am.. the joys of parenting & trying to make everyone happy! 🙄😂
Old 4 Oct 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Absolutely no need to get there for 6am, the crowds did not come. We had intentions of making the most of EEMH but in fact we arrived after regular opening hours and still had no trouble getting onto rides and getting extra FPs.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List