Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 3 Aug 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Yes I was too, but I didn't want to argue and as you know I didn't want a table as the booths feel more special. The tots were so tasty. Really yummy. My parents didn't really talk to the characters but I think they enjoyed seeing Kate and me interact with them.

They have been really impressed with all the food, not the buses though
Remember I am car free this year, the buses are wonderful right?! AND FREE!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Bourbon breeze looks nice though I always imagine the taste to be overpowering - I’ve never actually tried it.

Those nachos and chilli hot dogs seem like perfect park pick me up - I love the plastic cheese.

I see you managed all three of your objectives in one day, well done you!

Ahhhh and you’ve managed to convert Dad into breakfasts - I’d say you’re doing a great job
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I really hope it doesn't develop, I have everything crossed for you. Can't wait for your Discovery Cove Day, I bet it was weird doing it in the rain

The food looks lovely, even for QS and I'm even happier to know you've been to Fantasmic! We never got chance to try an ice-cream cookie ... no idea where we get them from actually, was this inside the stadium? Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Thank you so much for sharing 😍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Looking forward to our breakfast adr at garden grill having read about yours (Tim tracker also had a vlog out this week on his breakfast there)
All the food looks so good. Not sure I could have managed both milkshakes either. Hope the weather improves for you.
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

An ice cream sandwich and cocktail on same day, well you have now ticked the obligatory box on the Disney list 😄👍
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

The Garden Grill food looks lovely, another one we are doing! I am anxiously awaiting your Crystal Palace review as that is the one i am on the fence about whether to keep. Nachos and hot dogs looks good too, I was eyeing up Dockside Diner on the basis of the alcoholic milkshake I had seen on the menu!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

I do love garden Grill. I was so sad to have missed it this time.

Are you having bus issues? We found the vast majority of the time they were great but when they were not they were shocking, a few 25 minute waits and a 36 minute journey to AK via Riverside!
Old 4 Aug 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Remember I am car free this year, the buses are wonderful right?! AND FREE!
yes the buses are perfect, no I'm not lying there was a bit of a wait on Friday, I ended up speaking to my new best friend Eric from Transportation and the buses have been perfect since then full details later.

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Bourbon breeze looks nice though I always imagine the taste to be overpowering - I’ve never actually tried it.

Those nachos and chilli hot dogs seem like perfect park pick me up - I love the plastic cheese.

I see you managed all three of your objectives in one day, well done you!

Ahhhh and you’ve managed to convert Dad into breakfasts - I’d say you’re doing a great job
Yes, mission complete in one day, well, mission started, will see how we get on with the final tallying up.

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I really hope it doesn't develop, I have everything crossed for you. Can't wait for your Discovery Cove Day, I bet it was weird doing it in the rain

The food looks lovely, even for QS and I'm even happier to know you've been to Fantasmic! We never got chance to try an ice-cream cookie ... no idea where we get them from actually, was this inside the stadium? Xx
Kelly, if I'm really honest DC wasn't brilliant for me as I'd forgotten my credit card and so couldn't pay for the photos. Plus I'd forgotten to tell Mum and Dad to bring id so I had a nervous few minutes waiting to check in. It turns out the photos I took of their passports on my phone were sufficient to get us in and I didn't have to get a lyft back to pick them up. But later when I was talking to,the photo pick up people they said I couldn't pay online later, it had to be in the park and if I couldn't do it on the day then they would save them for 24hours. So today after EMH at HS I got a lyft back to DC for the photos. Honestly, I think I'd just got into magic band mode or something I was so cross about it.

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Thank you so much for sharing 😍
I'm falling a bit behind, but never mind.

Originally Posted by katnav View Post
Looking forward to our breakfast adr at garden grill having read about yours (Tim tracker also had a vlog out this week on his breakfast there)
All the food looks so good. Not sure I could have managed both milkshakes either. Hope the weather improves for you.
Weather is better today. The breakfast was good, hope you enjoy yours.

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
An ice cream sandwich and cocktail on same day, well you have now ticked the obligatory box on the Disney list 😄👍
They were both yummy! More to come

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
The Garden Grill food looks lovely, another one we are doing! I am anxiously awaiting your Crystal Palace review as that is the one i am on the fence about whether to keep. Nachos and hot dogs looks good too, I was eyeing up Dockside Diner on the basis of the alcoholic milkshake I had seen on the menu!
Crystal Palace is/was fab, we've done dinner twice and lunch, both are pretty much the same. The food is awesome. I'll post all the morning food at MK shortly, but not sure I'll have time for the CP food today, it's coming though.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
I do love garden Grill. I was so sad to have missed it this time.

Are you having bus issues? We found the vast majority of the time they were great but when they were not they were shocking, a few 25 minute waits and a 36 minute journey to AK via Riverside!
GG was fab

In a word yes! But I'm optimistic they will improve, well they can't get worse. We waited 50 minutes for an MK bus and missed most of EMH on Friday better today though.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List