Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Aug 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
It baffles me how people say DLP can be overpriced.

We've paid less for 5 nights next week in Davy Crockett Ranch including half board & park tickets than we have for four nights this week in Center Parcs, self catering. DLP offer some great discounts and deals and not necessarily just on the UK site - a little research usually pays dividends.

In addition, anyone who says they could go to WDW for the same price as DLP...I would love to see the budget and how the accomodation and travel budget compares
This!
We’ve paid £1000 for 3 nights half board plus staying in the NPB 2 adults & 1 10 year old. My hubby is joining us as he’s got an AP so will only pay the tax per night, so that price I think is fab! We could of got cheaper if we stayed in Santa Fe, Cheyenne or SL but we wanted to say at the NPB as we haven’t since the refurb.
We’re Going to WDW next year & its £7000! Nowhere near the DLP price!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We live close to A Eurostar station so it's realatively easy .
I liked it but not enough to justify returning in the last ten years (but then I don't like CentreParks either) .
Whilst I think some of the theming at DLP is far better than California and Florida I think my pixie dust requiring heat is a big factor
I don't hate it , I just don't care for it enough to be motivated to return . If the right deal came up I probably would but I don't avidly seek DLP deals the way I do Florida.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by Hopefulholiday View Post
We went last year with a family group and didn’t have a very good time, not all DLP fault I must say.

However we started off badly, arrived at Sequoia Lodge and we had booked 2 rooms with 2 doubles as we were with our teens so dh was sharing with ds and I was with dd so needed 4 beds. They had allocated Kings so we had to wait for them to try and find other rooms which they were struggling to do as it was Easter and they were full. They allocated new rooms which we accepted then realised they didn’t have the lake view we’d paid for. It took months for them to agree that the extra we paid for the view should be refunded and then they said they did as a goodwill gesture!

Anyway, back to the parks. I liked the Disneyland Park, I did feel it had the Magical vibe of Florida, the quick service food was shockingly slow- we queued up over 1.5 hours for very mediocre pizza, about 45 minutes to get a drink and snack.
Studios I felt had no atmosphere and I really didn’t like it at all.
The rides I went on were good, some better than Florida but other than the Extra Morning Hours queues were very long but to be expected.
It felt expensive, we paid about £2200 for hotel and tickets (as a package) plus flights, transfers and spends I reckon we must have spent about £3500 for 4 nights. SL felt basic for the price, had to take my own kettle for drinks in the room!
I think for young families it has a lot going for it, but for us with teens not so much.
Kettles available at reception, just ask. Most European hotels don’t use them. Not an indicator of ‘basic’ at all.

As for food - quick service in France is not quick and often not good. Better to go for table service or buffets.

Also I would never go at Easter. Avoid all weekends and public holidays - just like Anaheim and Tokyo it is a locals’ park and gets mobbed.

I’m sure there were cheaper ways to do your trip - next time don’t be afraid to ask on here, we are a friendly lot!

Edited at 09:27 AM.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
This!
We’ve paid £1000 for 3 nights half board plus staying in the NPB 2 adults & 1 10 year old. My hubby is joining us as he’s got an AP so will only pay the tax per night, so that price I think is fab! We could of got cheaper if we stayed in Santa Fe, Cheyenne or SL but we wanted to say at the NPB as we haven’t since the refurb.
We’re Going to WDW next year & its £7000! Nowhere near the DLP price!
Yes but how many nights are you getting for the £7k?

You got 3 nights for £1000(£333 per night?)
Is it 14 nights for £7000 (£500 per night)

I cannot find a good enough deal
For us to go to Paris. I went when I was 14. Liked the rides. Hates the cold and the people. If it was a good price then yes I would consider going but we paid £8510 in total for our holiday to Florida this year which is £405 per day. There is no way I would consider spending the same amount per day for Paris as I wouldn’t be getting the villa or the car or the weather, the water parks and the variety that WDW offers as there are extra parks. Also I expect to pay more for the flights as it’s a lot further away.
So for me I can justify I allot of money to Florida. I can’t justify this to France.

But if anyone finds a good deal for a few days from Manchester I’d consider it.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Yes but how many nights are you getting for the £7k?

You got 3 nights for £1000(£333 per night?)
Is it 14 nights for £7000 (£500 per night)

I cannot find a good enough deal
For us to go to Paris. I went when I was 14. Liked the rides. Hates the cold and the people. If it was a good price then yes I would consider going but we paid £8510 in total for our holiday to Florida this year which is £405 per day. There is no way I would consider spending the same amount per day for Paris as I wouldn’t be getting the villa or the car or the weather, the water parks and the variety that WDW offers as there are extra parks. Also I expect to pay more for the flights as it’s a lot further away.
So for me I can justify I allot of money to Florida. I can’t justify this to France.

But if anyone finds a good deal for a few days from Manchester I’d consider it.
That price includes our park tickets & food & staying in a 4 star So I think it’s reasonable.
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
That price includes our park tickets & food & staying in a 4 star So I think it’s reasonable.
We stayed onsite WDW moderate, flights, entry tickets, DDP food etc etc under 6K. More parks, more experiences.

Horses for Courses. I Will however, take a look at it again, as I was hoping to go next September, but last time I priced it up just for two adults it was nearly £1500 for a few nights.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
We stayed onsite WDW moderate, flights, entry tickets, DDP food etc etc under 6K. More parks, more experiences.

Horses for Courses. I Will however, take a look at it again, as I was hoping to go next September, but last time I priced it up just for two adults it was nearly £1500 for a few nights.
You’ll definitely get it cheaper than that if you look on other countries sites. They all have different offers at different times. Uk site is usually the more expensive as they’ve taken away the 2 nights free offer. I’m going again in December with my sister & we’re paying £400 each for 2 adults & our 2 daughters age 10, staying at SL. The The price I’ve paid for August is higher as it’s sumner prices.

Edited at 10:51 AM.
Old 14 Aug 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You’ll definitely get it cheaper than that if you look on other countries sites. They all have different offers at different times. Uk site is usually the more expensive as they’ve taken away the 2 nights free offer. I’m going again in December with my sister & we’re paying £400 each for 2 adults & our 2 daughters age 10, staying at SL. The The price I’ve paid for August is higher as it’s sumner prices.
I live in Spain, I will check out the Spanish Site. It’s our ruby wedding anniversary next September. We wanted to do DLP and Paris, one of or favourite cities
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I live in Spain, I will check out the Spanish Site. It’s our ruby wedding anniversary next September. We wanted to do DLP and Paris, one of or favourite cities
A ruby anniversary in Paris sounds so lovely 😊

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
Old 14 Aug 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

I love it! We are booked to go May half term, so far just booked flights but planning to get annual passes and have lots of small trips away there. After October not doing Disney world for 3 - 4 years so we can have some European breaks.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List