Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Aug 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for all your replies I will ring my magic holiday first thing and the insurance company x
Old 14 Aug 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
So sorry to hear this news. All you can do is call the insurance company and travel agent tomorrow and see what they can do. The limits on insurance are always per person and I think from my policies this would count as close family so if it’s unexpected I should think you’d have a fair chance of a successful insurance claim. I’m only raising that as when you tell the children that part of it at least you might be able to say we will still be able to go another time-might give them something else to focus on. Thinking of you and your family.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
steruth
VIP Dibber

Mobile

So sorry to hear of your sad loss .
Can you try and call rhem now most places are open till late xx
Old 14 Aug 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Scarlett73
New Poster (3)

Sorry to read this sad news. My Magic Holiday are open until 9pm if you wanted to (hopefully) get some reassurance or options before tomorrow. x x
Saratoga Springs - Oct 2014
Saratoga Springs - Oct 2017
Scarlett73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by merkat View Post
It was my husbands brother so very close.

All booked with my magic holiday so might call them tomorrow also.

Thanks
Oh that is very close, you will not want to travel then. Maybe as others have suggested postponing may be an option.
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks everyone. Still in shock so will sort it all tomorrow. Glad it’s £3000 pp as holiday in total was about 10k xx
Old 14 Aug 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by merkat View Post
Thanks everyone. Still in shock so will sort it all tomorrow. Glad it’s £3000 pp as holiday in total was about 10k xx
So sorry for your sad news.

Am also sure it is per person, as £3k would be wholly inadequate for most family holidays.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

I’m so sorry to hear your news, what a terrible shock for you all xx
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

I don't know your circumstances and i know you says its your Husbands brother. But before you cancel consider what you will need to do for your husbands family etc. You say the death was unexcpected and as such a postmortem maybe required. Then depending on where you are in the country a funeral could take a week or so to arrange following that. If they were close then a holiday may not be the best option , but on the other hand it maybe the best.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

So sorry for your loss.
I just wanted to add that when my DH had an accident at work & had to have fingers amputated 2 weeks before we were due to fly, I rang TUI about cancelling our holiday & they asked if I would prefer to put it off for a month or two instead. I know that's not as bad as your situation but it may be an option to just delay rather than cancel if it's going to be too hard on your children.
Hope you phone call goes ok tomorrow & again so sorry for your loss.