Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Aug 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

We get the headliners mainly at 60 days out so your method wouldn’t really work as they tend to be a lot less likely to be amended on the day
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
Does anyone else feel that when in the parks a lot of people simply dont use their FP's or simply dont check them to switch leaving them static..

Reason i say is because we joined many queues on our trip this month where they were FP's available for the said time stamp but people are still joining the standby lines - dont get me wrong im not complaining...

We would on average do at least 10 fp's from rope drop till early afternoon using FP to save any major queue times.. Some days we have used our 3x fp's by 9:30am when the park opened at 9am. (this enables us to park hope then or take advantage of the next available FP for any ride within the next 15 mins.

As we've done the parks many times, we know what we like but also save FP's on other days for headliner rides and stack them together, ie, splash mountian, BTM and 7DMT for a 3 hour window.
The people you saw might have had fast passes for other rides.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
The people you saw might have had fast passes for other rides.
Some will have of course... But people queuing at 2pm for 40 mins for its a small world suggests that they are not actively looking..
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
xcited
Excited about Disney

Just got home, and tap, grab, modify was fantastic we only used the standby queue for a couple of rides. There was always something worth riding. Grabbed a rubbish time slot then modified for within the next 10 minutes. Definitely worth a couple of minutes on your phone to save for example an 80 minute wait for rock n roller coaster.
Old 18 Aug 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

A lot of people’s fastpasses will be for the afternoon (especially if they have headliner fastpasses) so can’t be using them on small world at 2pm If they haven’t used their initial 3 yet.

Tbh i prefer to get headliner fast passes (which usually you can’t modify and bring forward).

Edited at 10:50 AM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Tap and grab is great, but subject to availability of course
to be honest, lots of people who go to WDW will be first-timers, won't read forums, and won't even know about maximising even 3 FPs per day, never mind thinking they can get more on the day, or about tap and grab opportunities.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

I also think it matters which park you are in. Compared to MK, the others don't have anywhere near as many FP attractions to try and get.
Old 18 Aug 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
robot1000
Getting Excited

Mobile

I've heard that Disney release on the day fastpasses at specific times. Does anyone know when this is?
robot1000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
PCBatman
Proud to wear my Ears

We love Tap & Grab...like toonarmani said, it takes seconds! And then you’ve sorted for the rest of the day. Just keep riding FP+ till all the good ones are gone. You do end up occasionally with one of the top tiers on the day but you have to be very lucky.
Disneyland Paris - Nov 2018
PCBatman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

For me it's not just about the rides, fast passes etc. It's also the characters, shows, food, surroundings, general ambience. I don't want to spend half my time on my phone.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List