Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 19 Aug 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Lots to catch up on! What a shame you didn’t enjoy Storybook. We went yesterday and loved it, but my prime rib was much less fatty than yours looks, and I am fussy about fatty meats. It shows how inconsistent places can be.

Chef de France looks really good.

I will have to remember Zuri’s too, I wasn’t aware of that one and must have missed it when we were looking for a snack in Africa this morning!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Such a shame Storybook Dining wasn’t up to its usual standard - I would have loved to have tried the original Artist’s Point.

Chefs De France looks like it was a great meal and good use of 1TS.

Amazing candy and chocolate haul, love Ghirardelli!
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
A great day, everything looks delicious and it was so nice of that family to buy your breakfast.. The boat ride to DS is quite relaxing don't you think? We could see the boats from our room at POFQ.
It was very sweet of them to buy us breakfast. We did the boat ride a couple of times to DS, although we never managed to get the return as it was always raining and so we got the bus back. You're right, it does seem more laid back and relaxed than the bus though.

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Lots and lots of lovely sweet treats today. I didn’t know there was a raspberry dole whip, I’ve only ever had the straight pineapple one. I’m sure I would love the raspberry one though.

The cheek of those people asking to sit with you and then moaning. I’m not a fan of bees or wasps myself but I think in those circumstances I would have removed myself and my children from the situation. Still, your cocktails look nice.

Great views of the fireworks from California grill, and the steaks look good - not sure about bison though. How was Dave’s creme brûlée? It’s my absolute favourite dessert so I’m interested to see if it was a good one!
I don't think I've seen the raspberry dole before either, it was very tasty. I was a bit peeved at the moaniness of the lady, if it had just been the kids then fair enough as no one likes wasps/bees but you're a grown up so deal with it! I didn't want to cause a fuss and so as it was nearly time to put the washing in the dryer I figured I'd let them have the table. He did enjoy the Cali Grill brulee. I think the next one was better though

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
The breakfasts at FQ all look good again, there seems to be wide choice there. I’m not sure why they felt the need to put cheese on Kate’s muffin though - cheese is not a breakfast staple!

We’ve never tried Wolfgang pucks, but plan on spending a fair bit of time at DS later this year, so we might try it then. Your lunches look good value, there’s lots of food.

I’ve only ever read good things about Chefs de France on here, and your review is no exception. It all looks great, especially the desserts. A nice looking creme brûlée again, and the kids chocolate dessert looks fab too.
That muffin was good though, it had loads in it. The Chefs de France brulee was amazing, best pudding I think. Although the kids would disagree with me as they really enjoyed the chocolate pudding they had.

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Those potato barrels look like the ones you get in TSL and they were lovely too! How lovely of the family to gift the meals to you.

So glad you managed to get to WPE and enjoyed it. I think Goofy's is so busy you kind of get caught up in the hub bub don't you? But at least you got sorted with the snacks.

Love to see that your getting through all those cocktails you've been storing up ... I half expected you binging one night I was afraid there was that many

Chefs De France looks lovely so glad you enjoyed it. We also found the service slow in there which wasn't too good for us as we almost missed Illuminations. A fab last night meal I'd say

I do get where your mum and dad are coming from it seems silly to not allow them up to a certain value but I suppose that could get complicated xx
I have to say I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between tater tots and potato barrels, they sure taste the same to me. Not that we had the ones in TSL at HS, but we have had tater tots and they are basically the same. Definitely a good breakfast, plus I realised way too late we could have had them as a snack credit, very cross to find this out on the penultimate day

The mad rush at Goofy's was silly really as I'm sure we ended up with too many bags of sweets, you know the sour balls, and also bags of lollies which aren't brilliant as snacks in the park. The kids are enjoying them now we're home though and they didn't do too badly at universal for snacks.

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Some fabulous cocktails !
Storybook dining ... how disappointing , that’s a real shame.
Cali Grill tho looks great. CHH food fab but not so much the mardy server.
Totally lol at your new pool friend who didn’t appreciate your five a day efforts and the uninvited beasties. Too funny.

I am liking the variety of your breakfasts . I think dole whips is a first !
Yes I'm not sure I'm going to win mother of the year with all the cookies and ice cream for breakfasts that we had.

We're doing better with the cocktails now, we started to panic that we were running out of time and so crammed them in

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
You did well on using a lot of snack credits today. I laughed at the supermarket sweep as I felt we were the same in Goofy’s Candy Store too.

We have never eaten at WP Express although I have heard it’s very good. There are so many good places to eat at DS now, we are never sure which to try.

I’m pleased you enjoyed Chefs too as it was my favourite last trip. I liked the slower service there and it felt more of a special treat of a meal (as it was my birthday). It was a very good use of a credit too as the food here is quite expensive without the dining plan and cocktails are very good value on the dining plan. I had the St Germans which was $17.50 and served in a carafe so I had two glasses out of it 😀 Both Georgia and I had the filet of beef which was cooked perfectly and I loved the creme brûlée too as you said, it was simple but perfect. Georgia hadn’t tried it before and didn’t enjoy it but that was just a case of her picking a new food that she hadn’t tried before.
Maybe Goofy's just has that manic feel to it and everyone in there is the same, it felt like I was trying to keep track of 5 people who all scattered it's not even that big a shop. Still, we didn't do too badly.

WPE is a slightly more laid back QS as it's like Polite Pig with the ordering at the counter and then they bring your food to the table when it's ready. That makes it feel a little more upmarket than the usual QS where you load up the tray and then have to balance everything while trying to get cutlery and napkins and sauce. Plus they had real plates and not just paper plates which is a bit nicer.

If I had remembered that you St Germain was served in a carafe and you had 2 glasses then I'd have definitely got that! Oh well. Chefs de France was a hit and I agree as we had an earlier slot for the meal at 6.30 I wasn't worrying about missing Illuminations so it was nice that it was more laid back and less rushed. We didn't have any other plans than watching the fireworks so we were quite happy to sit in the restaurant.

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Onion Soup and Creme Brulee are must have choices at Chefs de France, main course is less clear cut. Lots of great eats and drinks
They did enjoy the onion soup. I had it last year at BOG dinner and so fancied trying the bisque, but I think their soup was better. You're probably right it is probably the way to go.

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
I’ve already eaten this evening but those pulled pork fries from flame tree bbq have made my stomach rumble... I could eat them all day long. Your photo of them is particularly good, they look absolutely smothered in cheese

Glad Cali Grill was good for you. All of the steaks look great.

I didn’t know about the three course special at Chefs. Definitely one to keep in mind.
I didn't ask for extra cheese, but I thought that too, they fairly smothered them You have to be careful though with the 3 courses at Chefs as only a few of the mains are an option, but there are not restrictions on the desserts. So, if the main you wanted is on the list you're on to a winner.

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Wow a lot to catch up on. I admire how quickly you are managing to get this all posted. DH asks to try Biergarten on every trip but none of the rest of us like the look of the food and I really don't fancy the shared tables either. Having said that I am considering trying Teppan Edo next year.

Storybook dining is a must do for us as our youngest DD has had Snow White as her favourite movie since she was about 2 so I was sad to hear that you didn't rate it. I must admit that the menu doesn't really appeal to us but I figure for this one we are going for the characters and I'm looking forward to having an excuse to visit Wilderness Lodge.

Cali Grill does look delicious and an excellent server can certainly make a meal seem even more special.

We've never been in Zuri's either but I'm thinking it will be going on the list. You did an excellent job in the last few Disney days getting through the credits.

I always think that I'd like to use some of our leftover credits to buy a meal for others but never quite manage to find the opportunity to do it.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your time at Universal.
I minded the communal seating at TE less (we've done both TE and also Kobe Steakhouse on I Drive). I guess because you're not facing eachother you're all facing the chef? I don't know I just didn't enjoy it as much. The food was ok. The others all loved it though at Biergarten so maybe it was just me?

I'm sure you'll have a great experience with the characters at SBD especially if it is your DDs fave movie. For us as there were 5 people all staying seated and only Kate getting up it's not a surprise really that they moved on quickly so I shouldn't have moaned about that. The Queen was good (and scary).

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
All of your cookies look very good, I haven’t had a Disney cookie before, I’m going to make a point of having one this year.

I think the starters look great at Artist Point, and I am so pleased to see the mushroom bisque return. That prime rib looks more and more like dog food every time I see it. I am sure they are going for a rustic look but it does nothing for me. It’s a real shame you were feeling poorly as I know how much you were looking forward to this meal.

You’ve reminded me how much we love Columbia Harbor House, I’m now contemplating which TS I can ditch in favour of it.

Cali Grill looks fab, the all steaks on the menu really appeal to me but I think I’d have to go for the surf and turf so I could try bison for the first time.

How lovely of that family to offer to buy your breakfast, and being grateful was definitely the best course of action, and less awkward for all in involved. I’ve always wanted to sprinkle some pixie dust like that but never taken the plunge as I am too scared of it backfiring!

All of the FQ breakfasts look fab, I really wouldn’t know what to choose.

Nice to see you made it to Wolfgang Puck, I think its fab value and actually think those pizzas look yummier than Blaze!

Chef de France looks like it was a lovely final meal, it is a pity about those profiteroles though as they do look lovely. All of the desserts there sound delicious though.

I’m so pleased that you managed to stick to your plans as I was so excited about all of your ADRs.
Wow, never had a Disney cookie, seriously? I'm surprised Next you'll be telling me you've never had candy floss or popcorn at Disney. You'll have to rectify that. Maybe start with the Main St confectionery store, if you're going to start anywhere that seems like the best place to start.

I think SBD had 2 things that were not really in it's favour 1 of them was that I wasn't feeling good and the other was that beef, no amount of headache tablets could have improved that.

I've never had bison either, but I fancied the mac and cheese - it was a gouda mac and cheese and it was divine.

We should have made more of the FQ breakfasts, they also grits and something (can't remember) plus french toast, for a small resort there was a lot of variety.

You're right I didn't change any of my ADRs, from the point of booking them back in January they all stayed I didn't even bother with tweaking the times.

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Cali Grill looked really nice, and a good server makes all the difference sometimes. We usually book about 30 mins after fireworks finish to get a calmer feel to the place.

Chefs de France looked on point as well, I love a Vesper Martini too
That's a good tip about having a later meal at Cali Grill, it makes sense that it would clear out after the fireworks.

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Lots to catch up on! What a shame you didn’t enjoy Storybook. We went yesterday and loved it, but my prime rib was much less fatty than yours looks, and I am fussy about fatty meats. It shows how inconsistent places can be.

Chef de France looks really good.

I will have to remember Zuri’s too, I wasn’t aware of that one and must have missed it when we were looking for a snack in Africa this morning!
I'm really glad you had a good time at SBD, maybe we just got unlucky with the meat then.

Zuri's was fab, the entrance is opposite the Harambe Market area. Have fun, there were loads of sweet treats to choose from. It doesn't look like much from the outside as it's just a tiny doorway but it's deceiving!

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Such a shame Storybook Dining wasn’t up to its usual standard - I would have loved to have tried the original Artist’s Point.

Chefs De France looks like it was a great meal and good use of 1TS.

Amazing candy and chocolate haul, love Ghirardelli!
Yes, we never made it to the original Artist's Point either which is a shame. I used to watch Tom and Sophie on you tube and they raved about it, but we never got round to going there.

We've still got a few bars of Ghiradelli left.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It was very sweet of them to buy us breakfast. We did the boat ride a couple of times to DS, although we never managed to get the return as it was always raining and so we got the bus back. You're right, it does seem more laid back and relaxed than the bus though.

I don't think I've seen the raspberry dole before either, it was very tasty. I was a bit peeved at the moaniness of the lady, if it had just been the kids then fair enough as no one likes wasps/bees but you're a grown up so deal with it! I didn't want to cause a fuss and so as it was nearly time to put the washing in the dryer I figured I'd let them have the table. He did enjoy the Cali Grill brulee. I think the next one was better though

That muffin was good though, it had loads in it. The Chefs de France brulee was amazing, best pudding I think. Although the kids would disagree with me as they really enjoyed the chocolate pudding they had.

I have to say I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between tater tots and potato barrels, they sure taste the same to me. Not that we had the ones in TSL at HS, but we have had tater tots and they are basically the same. Definitely a good breakfast, plus I realised way too late we could have had them as a snack credit, very cross to find this out on the penultimate day

The mad rush at Goofy's was silly really as I'm sure we ended up with too many bags of sweets, you know the sour balls, and also bags of lollies which aren't brilliant as snacks in the park. The kids are enjoying them now we're home though and they didn't do too badly at universal for snacks.

Yes I'm not sure I'm going to win mother of the year with all the cookies and ice cream for breakfasts that we had.

We're doing better with the cocktails now, we started to panic that we were running out of time and so crammed them in

Maybe Goofy's just has that manic feel to it and everyone in there is the same, it felt like I was trying to keep track of 5 people who all scattered it's not even that big a shop. Still, we didn't do too badly.

WPE is a slightly more laid back QS as it's like Polite Pig with the ordering at the counter and then they bring your food to the table when it's ready. That makes it feel a little more upmarket than the usual QS where you load up the tray and then have to balance everything while trying to get cutlery and napkins and sauce. Plus they had real plates and not just paper plates which is a bit nicer.

If I had remembered that you St Germain was served in a carafe and you had 2 glasses then I'd have definitely got that! Oh well. Chefs de France was a hit and I agree as we had an earlier slot for the meal at 6.30 I wasn't worrying about missing Illuminations so it was nice that it was more laid back and less rushed. We didn't have any other plans than watching the fireworks so we were quite happy to sit in the restaurant.

They did enjoy the onion soup. I had it last year at BOG dinner and so fancied trying the bisque, but I think their soup was better. You're probably right it is probably the way to go.

I didn't ask for extra cheese, but I thought that too, they fairly smothered them You have to be careful though with the 3 courses at Chefs as only a few of the mains are an option, but there are not restrictions on the desserts. So, if the main you wanted is on the list you're on to a winner.

I minded the communal seating at TE less (we've done both TE and also Kobe Steakhouse on I Drive). I guess because you're not facing eachother you're all facing the chef? I don't know I just didn't enjoy it as much. The food was ok. The others all loved it though at Biergarten so maybe it was just me?

I'm sure you'll have a great experience with the characters at SBD especially if it is your DDs fave movie. For us as there were 5 people all staying seated and only Kate getting up it's not a surprise really that they moved on quickly so I shouldn't have moaned about that. The Queen was good (and scary).

Wow, never had a Disney cookie, seriously? I'm surprised Next you'll be telling me you've never had candy floss or popcorn at Disney. You'll have to rectify that. Maybe start with the Main St confectionery store, if you're going to start anywhere that seems like the best place to start.

I think SBD had 2 things that were not really in it's favour 1 of them was that I wasn't feeling good and the other was that beef, no amount of headache tablets could have improved that.

I've never had bison either, but I fancied the mac and cheese - it was a gouda mac and cheese and it was divine.

We should have made more of the FQ breakfasts, they also grits and something (can't remember) plus french toast, for a small resort there was a lot of variety.

You're right I didn't change any of my ADRs, from the point of booking them back in January they all stayed I didn't even bother with tweaking the times.

That's a good tip about having a later meal at Cali Grill, it makes sense that it would clear out after the fireworks.

I'm really glad you had a good time at SBD, maybe we just got unlucky with the meat then.

Zuri's was fab, the entrance is opposite the Harambe Market area. Have fun, there were loads of sweet treats to choose from. It doesn't look like much from the outside as it's just a tiny doorway but it's deceiving!

Yes, we never made it to the original Artist's Point either which is a shame. I used to watch Tom and Sophie on you tube and they raved about it, but we never got round to going there.

We've still got a few bars of Ghiradelli left.
Oh I must get some peppermint bark.. I think last time I went it was $6 something for a snack credit as value. I notice you mentioned it being 3 snacks or 2 QS, did they tell you the value at all?
Old 20 Aug 19, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Oh I must get some peppermint bark.. I think last time I went it was $6 something for a snack credit as value. I notice you mentioned it being 3 snacks or 2 QS, did they tell you the value at all?
$6.20 snack
$18.72 for quick service

Peppermint bark is the best sweet ever, I wish they sold it all year. After Christmas they had the bags of 80 half price!
Old 20 Aug 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
$6.20 snack
$18.72 for quick service

Peppermint bark is the best sweet ever, I wish they sold it all year. After Christmas they had the bags of 80 half price!

Thank you! Peppermint bark is my favourite too, it’s a shame it’s seasonal

Great to see the value hasn’t changed, I may have to save my snack credits for little haul to keep me going. I do keep looking out for a Groupon but I don’t know if Ghirardelli ever does them - the Lindt ones have been impressive in the past. Fingers crossed
Old 20 Aug 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
I though that was weird at the time, but I suspect the selection we got just added up to 5 snacks, probably we could have got another bar or two for the 2 QS. It's hard to total it up before you get to the counter as there are usually offers like buy 2 get 1 free for the bars of chocolate.

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
$6.20 snack
$18.72 for quick service

I'm glad you knew as I couldn't remember the exact price.

Thank you! Peppermint bark is my favourite too, it’s a shame it’s seasonal

Great to see the value hasn’t changed, I may have to save my snack credits for little haul to keep me going. I do keep looking out for a Groupon but I don’t know if Ghirardelli ever does them - the Lindt ones have been impressive in the past. Fingers crossed
I'm sure you'll have a couple of spare credits for a bar or two

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I like the idea of a monorail tour...will we escape for a few hours or force the family to follow us along!
The big question for me after catching up with all that lovely food and cocktails is-was the lobster roll any good and worth sharing?
I’m loving the laundry and cocktail routine you have got going, has this continued since you arrived home?
I’m pleased your last few meals at Disney were good. I could just fancy a creme brûlée with a French martini...
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Day 14 Last breakfast at FQ and spending the last credits, Butterbeer at US and dinner at Antojitos

The alarm went off early as we wanted to get to the restaurant for breakfast by 8am. The four of us used up a QS credit each. Max went with chocolate chip pancakes as he loves them.

Given how tasty Kate’s had looked yesterday, Dave and me also fancied the muffin and potato barrels and Kate had this again.
We didn’t pass up our last opportunity to get 4 drinks to put in the cases for Universal.

In the gift shop and the food court the kids and me spent the last of our credits…on this little lot…yes there is some fruit in there! I figured we might fancy that as breakfasts.

Credits at Zero!

Well, this is a screen shot of my account in MDE and of course the kids helped Mum and Dad to spend their last credits too.

We got a Lyft over to Royal Pacific, checked in and stored the luggage. During check in we were given little bottles of water (there was a bit of a line at check in).

Express passes in hand, which is a first for us as well as Mum and Dad, and we were off to the studio’s park first.

Many of the snacks were in my park bag and the kids knew it and kept on begging , anyone would think we had starved them for 2 weeks.

So, after RRR they had a packed of crisps each.

Then we moved on to the Oreos and other biscuits.

In Diagon Alley Dad bought everyone a drink at The Hopping Pot (near where Celestina sings as she was singing while we drank our drinks).

The kids had one thing and one thing only on their minds – Frozen Butterbeer.

They love it and it still tastes good 2 years after they last had it.

They asked if they should keep the plastic cups, but I said it was fine to throw them…they did look cute though! Of course while drinking they got peckish and so they had a cookie from the never-ending snack bag.

I had a really fab drink which was a Strongbow cider with a shot of whisky, called a Fire Whisky. I absolutely loved this drink.

I’ve never thought to put a whisky into cider, but it was yummy!

Dave and Dad both had a beer.

Mum had a peach-tree fizzing tea which she said was the best iced tea she’d had all trip.

We caught the train over to IOA as my plan was to do all the wet rides before going back to the hotel. We made it onto Jurassic Park, but then the rain came and thunder and lightning closed all rides. We were wet anyway so we walked back to the hotel.

Back at the hotel room Dave and me made a start on the drinks we had brought over from POFQ. We then decided we may as well have a second each as we were waiting for the rain to stop so we could go to the pool.

It didn’t stop and eventually we got ready went out to Citywalk for dinner at 7.49pm. I had seen a couple of good reviews for Antojitos and as the only Mexican we have had all trip was the nachos we really fancied this.

When we checked in they said it might be a 30 minute wait, but less than 5 minutes after arriving they sent me a text to say the table was ready, so we didn’t have a chance to order drinks at the bar before being seated, which was a bit of a shame.

The table we were shown to was rubbish and I should have said no, but as it was gone 8pm I didn’t and we sat down.

It was on the patio right over in the corner and was actually two small round tables pushed together. It was very noisy and we were shoved over by the bins in the corner.

For drinks Dave and me both got a Stingray Margarita, tequila, Cointreau, fresh jalapeno and lime.

Two photos, it was that good side view...

Also, as an aside, I don't think Dave and Dad deliberately co-ordinated with their pink shirts

And from the top...

This was a really spicy drink, but very tasty.

Mum had a blood orange Margarita, which she enjoyed, tasty but no spice.

Dad had a Sol and the kids both had cokes.

We didn’t order appetisers as I knew there would be tortilla chips brought out.

These were good and we enjoyed the salsa with them. It was hard to resist going back for more.

I had enchiladas verde, with beans and rice. These were good, not too big a portion and I enjoyed them. Could have been a bit spicier though.

Max had chicken quesadilla’s from the appetisers and a side of fries. He really enjoyed his meal.

Dave and Kate had chicken tacos, with beans and rice. They liked them.

Mum had shrimp tacos, which she said she really liked. She’s not over keen on hot spice so she was pleased it didn’t blow her head off. Dad had tacos and it looks like a meat filling, notes were starting to fail me this close to the end.

At the end of the meal Kate and Max were both given drinks to go by the server, she was great and was one of the better things about the meal.

I’m glad we tried the Mexican here, I’m not sure I’d bother to go back again though. We’ve been to Chilli’s on I Drive and even without a car I’d rather get a Lyft/Uber there than come back here. It was worth trying out and I didn’t want to revert back to one of our favourites (kids were pushing for Cowfish or Margaritaville or Bubba Gumps or Hard Rock) so I’m glad we tried it as I’ve not had a margarita quite like that before either .

We had a really good first day at Universal in spite of being rained off, dinner while not the best table, was still good food and the margarita was lovely. But from memory Chilli's was better (and probably cheaper, but Dad paid so I don't know know how much the bill came to and I'm cross I didn't get a 2nd marg ).

Next up, we still have snacks galore to eat, plus lunch at Fire Eaters Grill in The Lost Continent and revert to one of our favourites with dinner at Cowfish.

Old 20 Aug 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I like the idea of a monorail tour...will we escape for a few hours or force the family to follow us along!
The big question for me after catching up with all that lovely food and cocktails is-was the lobster roll any good and worth sharing?
I’m loving the laundry and cocktail routine you have got going, has this continued since you arrived home?
I’m pleased your last few meals at Disney were good. I could just fancy a creme brûlée with a French martini...
I was almost pleased the pool was closed and the others stayed in the room as it meant I could get a cocktail while doing the laundry (I'd have joined them in the pool otherwise). Who am I kidding? 'almost pleased' I was over the moon the pool was closed so no one wanted to come with me!

In spite of doing 2 loads of washing out there it didn't really touch the sides as 4 people for 18 days creates a lot of washing. If only I'd thought of combining the washing with a cocktail back here it would have been much more fun but I suspect it would have taken longer to get through it all

I preferred the tuna sandwich actually and I'd have happily had that all to myself. Perhaps I was craving more 'normal' foods by then, I don't often have lobster roll at home, although I'm sure you do .

As for our monorail tour, hmm, maybe it'd be better to decide nearer the time who is invited as if the kids/Dave have been annoying me then I might prefer a girls night. But, I was thinking all of us. We've never tried any of the QS in the monorail resorts and they are supposed to be better than the moderates so perhaps we could soak up some of the alcohol with food (except I've just remembered my penchant for getting a cocktail with a QS meal so perhaps that's not so much of a plan either). I think this needs a bit more thought, good job we've got 51 weeks left to sort out the finer details. Somehow it sounds nicer to say 51 weeks than 340-ish days.