Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 7 Apr 17, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Day 17. West Coast again ;-) NASCAR racing Fontana,

Up and about at 7am , got ready and went for breakfast at 7.45am. Much busier at breakfast today like we expected, But there was still plenty of choice.

By chance we saw the drivers daughter that we had seen before, Seems she was staying in the hotel with her nan, Whilst her dad was stopping at the track. She was quite a visible presence on social media etc so she very used to people. She recognised Chloe and I and came to talk to us telling us she's getting a baby brother etc. Lovely little girl and she gave us a hug as she left .

Breakfast eaten we left for the track parking in the orange lot as per our parking pass.. Short walk to the entrance . Went to find Gate D as we had tickets to change for all day food passes.. I seem to remember these were $70 for the 4 of us..

We had pit passes for today, Well actually we had had them the day before but under 18's are only allowed on race day, not sure of the logic there .. Connor and Barry love the pit areas so were in heaven..

One of the teams had a stall selling used team wear for charity, Connor or rather I bought some gloves $10. The money goes to children in poverty, Winston Salem where the team is from has the 4th highest rate of child poverty so we were told. Unfortunately I didn't have much cash or I'd bought more but I will get some bits in October when I'm in Charlotte.

Decided to use our food wristbands, Omg the amount of food was ridiculous, you got a main, side and drink, so you got burger & chips, side of chips and a drink. Over the day we easily got our money's worth wish more tracks did this offer.

Race was pretty good and won by one of the drivers Connor likes so he was happy.

After the race we hung around for a while to let traffic go , Connor wanted a new cap which I had apparently agreed to buy So $35 later he had one !

On the way back to the hotel I had a special collection to make.. In the hotel where our friend Eloy was staying, there had been a big plastic stand up of my favourite driver and he'd arranged with the manager for me to have it .. How we were getting it home I wasn't sure but we like a challenge.

So we picked that up thanked the manager and went back to our hotel and did some packing. Have to say Barry and Chloe did a fab job of getting my stand up packed.

Got changed and went and grabbed some food, wasn't overly hungry so Chloe had Panda Express and we had In N Out burger.

Went and got petrol from a garage near the track, some very scary characters around there !

Back to the hotel and bed :-)

Steps 15205 / 7.97km
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews

( home in one piece )
Old 7 Apr 17, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
( home in one piece )
That's brilliant.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
That's brilliant.
It is but I've no idea where its going to live.. Everytime the dog goes past it she barks
Old 9 Apr 17, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Love your stand up... How did you manage to pack it!
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
LOL at the stand up driver!
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 17, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Good race day. 😄😄 your own personal driver, you did well getting him home intact.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 17, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Well done getting your man home in one piece 👍🏻😂 a great race day and I know nothing about racing but you make it sound fab.
Old 13 Apr 17, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by nickyjw View Post
Love your stand up... How did you manage to pack it!
Difficulty ! I thought he was cardboard so we could bend him easily but he's actually a sort of plastic .

I got some scissors from reception as we very careful scored some lines on the back which gave us enough leverage to sort of fold him . He went in the bottom of the case then we padded him out . I am surprised he got home in one piece though .

Originally Posted by georgemac View Post
LOL at the stand up driver!
I know ..😂😂

Originally Posted by florida girl View Post
Good race day. 😄😄 your own personal driver, you did well getting him home intact.
We've got another one from years ago but Connor used it as a target for his nerf guns 😂😂

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
Well done getting your man home in one piece 👍🏻😂 a great race day and I know nothing about racing but you make it sound fab.
Thank you yes it's a pretty good day out and much cheaper than going to a F1 race here .