Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 9 Jul 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Board early to make the most of your time .
Old 9 Jul 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Pootle
Very Serious Dibber

Pootle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
If anyone suffers from seasickness in any form, even if only mild, get yourself something meclazine-based. Bonine or Dramamine, which isn't sold in the UK, can be got from Amazon.com.
I have bought Dramamine in the past, but a pharmacist friend of mine, also a keen cruiser, recommended Stugeron, and they have definitely worked for me. I’m not a good sailor and wouldn’t board without a good supply.

My tip for first timers would be to read the ship’s daily newsletter straight away to find out what’s on offer and use a highlighter on things of interest. I also take a magnetic clip to stick the current daily on the wall.
Old 9 Jul 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Libandarchie
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Do you book all excursions before you get on board?
Libandarchie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Bring an extension lead with sockets attached. Great for all the electronics charging that you need
Old 9 Jul 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

You can eat breakfast in the main dining room - much more relaxed and enjoyable than the very busy windjammer (in my opinion but then I’m not a fan of buffets).

Shoe organiser for the back of the toilet door for bits and bobs.

Magnets to stick things to the walls.

Highlighter pen for marking what you want to do on the cruise compass.
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by florida addict View Post
Bring an extension lead with sockets attached. Great for all the electronics charging that you need
Wasn’t allowed when we went on Royal Caribbean. Our extension lead was taken off us ( we forgot to collect it when we disembarked too !)
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Royal Caribbean ships have both US and European (round pin) sockets. So take a European adapter and you can double your socket availability.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

As a cheap and easy alternative to Downy wrinkle release spray, mix one glug of fabric conditioner with around 10 parts water and bring in a spray bottle. As you hang up your clothes give em a good spray and all the wrinkles will fall out. For first time cruisers wondering why you'd bother- there's no irons in cabins and only some cruise lines have communal laundry areas with irons to use.

Magnets to pin your daily planner to the cabin wall

I find lanyards very useful on Caribbean cruises as I'm normally in light summer clothing without pockets, so its a way to keep your cruise card with you safely

If you are sensitive to water tasting weird then a Brita water filter bottle, makes the cabin tap water taste nicer (its perfectly safe to drink but some people don't like the taste)

Beach towel clips for sunbathing on windy sea days

For sea sickness tablets my preference is Kwells, very fast acting and non drowsy unlike Stugeron. I get really travel sick so have extensive experience in this! God knows how I'll manage on our next cruise as I'm pregnant and not allowed to take them... bleuuurghhh.

Never felt the need for a power strip personally, it depends how many gadgets you have that need charging

In an inside cabin I take a little night light or torch- they are pitch black at night so when one of you needs to get up and use the loo it avoids either turning on the big light or tripping over things in the dark

A bottle of VIPOO- your cabin mates will thank you...
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Libandarchie
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

I thought Downy Wrinkle remover was some sort of wrinkle cream so you looked your best on the cruise but has all been explained above !
Libandarchie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Libandarchie View Post
I thought Downy Wrinkle remover was some sort of wrinkle cream so you looked your best on the cruise but has all been explained above !
Just been to Publix before our cruise tomorrow and I was looking for some of this. My husband took me to the face cream and said I thought it was for you!
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List