Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 9 Aug 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
RAF
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Chips / Fries

Hi,

Could anyone tell me which Disney places do chips or fries. I have heard it’s not listed on all menus but most do them. I’m not sure if this is correct but my little boy is terribly fussy and I wouldn’t want him to be left out of a meal.

Thank you!

Daz
RAF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

There are very few places that don’t do fries. It’s probably quicker to list the ones that don’t! Earl of Sandwich and Big River Grill and Brewing Works are 2 that come to mind.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

My experience with raising three children (and also with my grandchildren) is kids need to eat what they are served or go hungry for a meal or two. Every place has fries but I am not sure no meal (or a glass of milk) is not healhier than a meal of fries.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
My experience with raising three children (and also with my grandchildren) is kids need to eat what they are served or go hungry for a meal or two. Every place has fries but I am not sure no meal (or a glass of milk) is not healhier than a meal of fries.
but each to raise their kids the way they feel is the best for them right? I don't really know why whenever anyone asks about something like this, it's necessary to reprimand them for their choices

I'd just add, for example, if you've ever tried to take an autistic child out of their normal environment AND try to tell them they can't have what they're used to for lunch, you'd know that no matter how many tuts and admonishing glances you get from the surrounding "perfect parents", sometimes a portion of fries is absolutely what's needed

To OP, most places will do fries but you should ask when ordering because Disney have made the default option fruit rather than fries.

Most places will help you out though even if it's not on the menu

good luck!
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

99% do fries...

Dont ask for chips...you will get Walkers

Disney332
Old 9 Aug 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Even if not on menu most will do fries. I know skippers canteen did for dd. Server said this is Disney of course we have fries. She also had them at Tony’s town square as a Disney ‘adult’ age 10 who just wanted plain steak and fries. Do ask for fries though. Some places do sandwiches and chips (crisps)
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
How about answering the OPs question as I'm pretty sure the OP was asking for advice on where they can get fries rather than how to raise their kids
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
99% do fries...

Dont ask for chips...you will get Walkers

Disney332
Do they serve Walkers in Disney?
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gally1968 View Post
To be honest I half expect to contradict myself here but to be worried about were sells chips/fries for a children's meal is a little concerning. In my view it's a lazy & unhealthy option. Yes all kids like fries, but that's because we feed them to them as an easy meal option from a young age. I like beer but if I drink it every day I'll put on weight and become unhealthy.

I'm in no position to criticise the parenting skills of anyone but kids adapt, if they are hungry they will eat anything. I'm pretty sure if there were no fries at all the child would in question would not go hungry. Naturally they would look at other options.

The OP never mentioned autism so it's not really relevant to the thread at present, although I fully accept your greater knowledge on this.

I'm in no way criticising the OP here, it's personal choice on how to raise kids but being a parent at the age of 18 (now early 50's) I can honestly say that we made mistakes & many of them. We were more bothered about manners & behaviour initially, then school work, what we fed our eldest was the least of our worries so long as he never went hungry. It was only later on that I realised that his diet was as important as the other pieces of his upbringing.

It's a learning curve, one we're stil on, but to be concerned about the availability of fries on your holiday is still a.ittle concerning.
Well you are criticising the OP when you write
'chips/fries for a children's meal is a little concerning. In my view it's a lazy & unhealthy option'

You say mentioning autism is not really relevant to the thread, well neither is your post as the OP asked where they could get fries from and not advice on parenting skills

Edited at 12:09 AM.
Old 10 Aug 19, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Sorry. This hit a major bone of contention for me. I almost said that I understood kids with sensory issues could be difficult, but fries are not a meal and IMO should not be served as often as they are. In the US it can be very hard to find a meal without fries (I don't eat them becuase of health issues).

To answer the OP's question, there are very few non-ethnic restaruants in US where fries are not available. And my experience is that restaurants will work to make them extra crispy and extra tasty without regard for nutrition.

Edited at 01:04 AM.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List