Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Aug 19, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
schoolrunmummy
A Guest at All-Stars

Question Starting to panic a bit...

So with 6 sleeps to go I am just pulling everything together this will be our 4th trip to our dream destination We will be visiting Universal Studios (as we have every visit) Previously we have taken an array of wheeled soft coolers/bags/rucksacks packed to the rafters with food and drink for 4 adults and 2 teenagers My mum (who is one of the adults) just came round to let me know that the policy states only 2 litres of water and food only for medical purposes has it always been this way ? not visited since 2016 starting to worry now as we have always taken in our own food as a choice to spend our $$'s on merch etc
Thanks for reading
Apologies if you have read this already as I have only just figured out I needed to put it in general chat

Edited at 01:30 PM.
schoolrunmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

i think it changed at some point - partly because of they want people to spend money and partly because no where to leave the coolers etc.

Disney have also made changes to the rules
Old 13 Aug 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Heres the link to what’s allowed. I suspect it changed when they upped the security. You can take in snacks that don’t need heating food wise but that’s about it.
universalorlando/web...s-restrictions
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Is it 2 litres of water per person, and that is disappointing regards not bringing filled rolls in because we always bring lots of bottles of water and rolls for lunch as we can't eat the rubbish in parks, and hire a locker.

Thanks for the heads up.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

not sure if this is new or how strictly they enforce this as we have always took in rolls/subs/crisps etc from 7eleven for lunch
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
johnny1352
Imagineer

johnny1352's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have never had any issues taking small
Cool
Bags with food in to universal. The guards look at the sandwiches and ask the fillings and joke on about having them for their lunch.
Old 14 Aug 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
schoolrunmummy
A Guest at All-Stars

:) not panicking as much now...

Thanks for all your replies you all rock
I reached out on a couple of facebook sites also and had some really helpful replies Most everyone stated that as long as whatever you take in is in a rucksack/ reasonably sized soft sized cooler everything should be fine I think its just a case of being sensible so that is me sorting the rucksacks and coolers
schoolrunmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by johnny1352 View Post
We have never had any issues taking small
Cool
Bags with food in to universal. The guards look at the sandwiches and ask the fillings and joke on about having them for their lunch.
If I ever manage to go back, we’ll do this. This year we only took a few snack items & a couple of bottles of water. We bought lunches all 3 days we went which gets v expensive with a big family. But I have to say, on numerous occasions we saw people eating their own packed lunches -could’ve saved ourselves a small fortune!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Don’t forget you can get free iced water from any vendor.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List