Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 14 Aug 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
debbiebee
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Help - USPS missed delivery

Not sure if anyone can help... just missed a delivery to my villa and have had notification it’s been returned to sender. Can’t get through to usps on phone - do they have local offices you can visit like in the uk?

Rang central usps number who gave us a number for our local office but stuck in a cycle of pre recorded menus on the phone.

Any advice appreciated xx
debbiebee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yes they have offices all over what area are you in there are offices in Haines City Davenport and Kissemee
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

There's one on Turkey Lake Road if you are near Int Drive or Universal.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
debbiebee
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thanks - I’m in Kissimmee - still on hold on the phone! Am I best to go there then? Worried it will be too late as it’s showing return to sender xx
debbiebee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Have they tried to deliver it more than once usually you get a note to say leave without signature hold at office etc
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I'd go to the office it's unlikely they have sent it back yet if you only got notice today
Happened to us we went straight to the office but had to go back next day as our post lady hadn't return from her route with the item
Old 14 Aug 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
debbiebee
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Have they tried to deliver it more than once usually you get a note to say leave without signature hold at office etc
Thanks - only attempted delivery once but reported that the address was not in use.

Finally got through on the phone - can collect tomorrow - thanks for all your help xx
Old 14 Aug 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

That's great
Old 14 Aug 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

It sounds like you have had it delivered to an address that is not registered with the Post Office for regular mail deliveries. This is the situation with most short term rentals. Was it small enough to fit in a mailbox if there had been one? If not they do usually leave it on the doorstep.

Where are you in Kissimmee? My post office for collection is the one in Celebration. I believe it covers all of the 34747 zip code. You could try there in the morning but it may not have been taken there if it says "returned to sender" as it isn't the actual sorting office.
Old 15 Aug 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
debbiebee
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

So... after taking over an hour to get my call answered I thought I was all sorted. They said I could collect from my local delivery office today and they gave me a confirmation code.

Went there this morning - no parcel - they have no idea where it is - gave the impression this is a common issue for villa deliveries. They tried to call their ‘annexe’ but were unable to get through and said they would try again later and give me a call. Also said the item may have already been returned to sender (even though I was told yesterday this would not happen).

Beyond frustrated! And we think our postal system back home can be a shambles at times...