Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 16 Aug 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
RickT
Imagineer
 
RickT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 12
Getting the most out of your Fp's

Does anyone else feel that when in the parks a lot of people simply dont use their FP's or simply dont check them to switch leaving them static..

Reason i say is because we joined many queues on our trip this month where they were FP's available for the said time stamp but people are still joining the standby lines - dont get me wrong im not complaining...

We would on average do at least 10 fp's from rope drop till early afternoon using FP to save any major queue times.. Some days we have used our 3x fp's by 9:30am when the park opened at 9am. (this enables us to park hope then or take advantage of the next available FP for any ride within the next 15 mins.

As we've done the parks many times, we know what we like but also save FP's on other days for headliner rides and stack them together, ie, splash mountian, BTM and 7DMT for a 3 hour window.
__________________
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
Tco200
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Tco200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 13
Mobile

I must be rusty I thought even if you booked one and used it you would have to wait till the end of that slot for another. Do they disappear and open up for booking again once you use it?

I think California and max pass has muddled my mind
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
RickT
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
RickT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 12
Originally Posted by Tco200 View Post
I must be rusty I thought even if you booked one and used it you would have to wait till the end of that slot for another. Do they disappear and open up for booking again once you use it?

I think California and max pass has muddled my mind

dont need to wait - we've been doing this for years now -

As an example,
I will book FP's at fairytale hall for princess for 9am, book the 2nd fp for 10am again at fairytale and then 3rd at Aerial. /little mermaid m&g

The second we walk in to the ride at 9am scanning our first pass, i switch the 10am fp to 09:05am save and the 11am fp to say 10:15 or as close as possible to the end time of the other one.

Once out of the first FP, (normally 5 mins) walk to 2nd FP which opens at 09:05, once scanned in, switch the 3rd fp to 9:15am ish... Or close as poss.

Go to 3rd FP, this time its say 9:20, by 9:30am we have used our FP's which means we can then just book any ride at the next earliest slot and do that through the day, (can mean a lot of back and forth walking if you dont know the location of the rides) and continuing this throughout the day, but enables us to park hop if wanted. At some point in that day, you will find a headliner ride slot pop up more than likely so just book that, ie- 7DMT may pop up in 60 mins time, so you may want to grab that and use the next 60 mins to relax / shop, ride the ride and then keep grabing FP's for the rest of the day.


Of course, this works for us as we've been many times so dont have the pressure to do everything a 1st timer may want to do, we like to do this for say 5 hours, get it all done and then leave for late afternoon in the pool.

Edited at 05:47 PM.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
toonarmani
Imagineer
 
toonarmani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Tap and grab is great, but subject to availability of course
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
Bazinga 39
Imagineer
 
Join Date: May 14
Mobile

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
dont need to wait - we've been doing this for years now -

As an example,
I will book FP's at fairytale hall for princess for 9am, book the 2nd fp for 10am again at fairytale and then 3rd at Aerial. /little mermaid m&g

The second we walk in to the ride at 9am scanning our first pass, i switch the 10am fp to 09:05am save and the 11am fp to say 10:15 or as close as possible to the end time of the other one.

Once out of the first FP, (normally 5 mins) walk to 2nd FP which opens at 09:05, once scanned in, switch the 3rd fp to 9:15am ish... Or close as poss.

Go to 3rd FP, this time its say 9:20, by 9:30am we have used our FP's which means we can then just book any ride at the next earliest slot and do that through the day, (can mean a lot of back and forth walking if you dont know the location of the rides) and continuing this throughout the day, but enables us to park hop if wanted. At some point in that day, you will find a headliner ride slot pop up more than likely so just book that, ie- 7DMT may pop up in 60 mins time, so you may want to grab that and use the next 60 mins to relax / shop, ride the ride and then keep grabing FP's for the rest of the day.


Of course, this works for us as we've been many times so dont have the pressure to do everything a 1st timer may want to do, we like to do this for say 5 hours, get it all done and then leave for late afternoon in the pool.
Thatís a really good tip, I donít think Iíd have thought to start moving fast passes forward after our first one, thanks
Bazinga 39 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
Mexy02
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Oct 12

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Not everyone wants to be on their phones though and the WiFi is shocking sometimes.
__________________
LBV Spa resort October 2013
Bahama bay October/Nov 2015, 1 night Disney contemporary oct 2015, 1 night Loews rpr Nov 2015
Bahama bay October /Nov 2017, 1 night Disney contemporary oct 17 , 1 night AKL , 1 night GF
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , 1 night poly
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
#7
kellsbells
VIP Dibber
 
kellsbells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 13
Tap & Grab is great and we use that method a lot. I think though that lots of people who visit aren't at all savvy about how it works, I don't even think that people are always aware that it's included in their ticket price.
__________________
kellsbells

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
toonarmani
Imagineer
 
toonarmani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Not everyone wants to be on their phones though and the WiFi is shocking sometimes.
Takes seconds (Iíd say a minute tops) to amend a FP and all of the party can be done in one go.

Sometimes you have to refresh a few times for better timeslots, but thatís usually an exception rather than the norm.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
#9
Mexy02
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Oct 12

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Takes seconds (Iíd say a minute tops) to amend a FP and all of the party can be done in one go.

Sometimes you have to refresh a few times for better timeslots, but thatís usually an exception rather than the norm.
Only if the WiFi works, we had major problems last visit so gave up . At the kiosks there were no additional fp left either , depends on the day and how busy it is and as I said not everyone wants to be on their phone regardless of how long it supposedly takes.
__________________
LBV Spa resort October 2013
Bahama bay October/Nov 2015, 1 night Disney contemporary oct 2015, 1 night Loews rpr Nov 2015
Bahama bay October /Nov 2017, 1 night Disney contemporary oct 17 , 1 night AKL , 1 night GF
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , 1 night poly
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
#10
Tco200
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Tco200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 13
Mobile

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
dont need to wait - we've been doing this for years now -

As an example,
I will book FP's at fairytale hall for princess for 9am, book the 2nd fp for 10am again at fairytale and then 3rd at Aerial. /little mermaid m&g

The second we walk in to the ride at 9am scanning our first pass, i switch the 10am fp to 09:05am save and the 11am fp to say 10:15 or as close as possible to the end time of the other one.

Once out of the first FP, (normally 5 mins) walk to 2nd FP which opens at 09:05, once scanned in, switch the 3rd fp to 9:15am ish... Or close as poss.

Go to 3rd FP, this time its say 9:20, by 9:30am we have used our FP's which means we can then just book any ride at the next earliest slot and do that through the day, (can mean a lot of back and forth walking if you dont know the location of the rides) and continuing this throughout the day, but enables us to park hop if wanted. At some point in that day, you will find a headliner ride slot pop up more than likely so just book that, ie- 7DMT may pop up in 60 mins time, so you may want to grab that and use the next 60 mins to relax / shop, ride the ride and then keep grabing FP's for the rest of the day.


Of course, this works for us as we've been many times so dont have the pressure to do everything a 1st timer may want to do, we like to do this for say 5 hours, get it all done and then leave for late afternoon in the pool.
Super

I think my brain can only take so much and because Disneyland was our last trip it was reverting to that!
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Animal Kingdom
On 26th September 8:53am
In the early hours of Tuesday 22nd September a baby female Masai Giraffe was born... Read More »
Posted in Hong Kong Disneyland
On 22nd September 8:15am
After initially reopening on 18th June Hong Kong Disneyland had to close again a month... Read More »
Posted in Disney Games
On 19th September 10:43am
Hasbro has released a new version of Disney Villains Monopoly that will bring out the... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2449
CaxtonFX  $1.2425
Covent Garden FX  $1.2720
FAIRFX  $1.2450
M&S  $1.2257
Post Office  $1.2251
Sainsburys  $1.2424
TESCO  $1.2448
Travelex  $1.2442
Updated: 09:30 26/09/2020
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0701
CaxtonFX  €1.0680
Covent Garden FX  €1.0793
FAIRFX  €1.0660
John Lewis  €1.0736
M&S  €1.0546
Post Office  €1.0536
Sainsburys  €1.0685
TESCO  €1.0703
Travelex  €1.0657
Updated: 09:30 26/09/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now