Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 17 Aug 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
nixieh
Imagineer

Marne Le Vallee Val D'Europe help

Hi All,

We have always stayed onsite at DLP but next week we are going to Villages Nature for 4 days (after 2 days onsite). I have never been anywhere else but DLP itself and I am really sketchy about all the other places peoople talk about Is Val D'Europe worth a visit and what station do I need for it and where is the other place that people often talk about going that has the supermarket in and how do I get there. Also, where are the offsite hotels people always discuss? I am considering staying offsite next visit but have no idea where they are and might go and visit the area this time to scout it out. Not even sure what to put into Google Maps to look

2006 4 night DCL and AKL, 2007 Poly and DCL, 2008 Beach Club and Villa,2009 Christmas, 2011 Poly and Beach Club Concierge
nixieh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Val d’Europe is literally one stop on the RER, takes 5 minutes. We have stayed at the Elysee and next time we are staying at the Ibis.

Marne la Vallee is a big area so make sure you specify Val d’Europe.

Loads of hotels there.

I like the fact you don’t need the free bus (though you can use it). The Auchan supermarket is huge and there are lots of other shops in the centre. Also restaurants, cafes and a Sealife Centre.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
nixieh
Imagineer

Thanks

2006 4 night DCL and AKL, 2007 Poly and DCL, 2008 Beach Club and Villa,2009 Christmas, 2011 Poly and Beach Club Concierge
nixieh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

Val D'Europe is just a big shopping centre, so worth a visit if you have free time and enjoy shopping. They have a primark and plenty of other modern shops, as well as the designer section. There is also a big supermarket which is better than the onsite shop at Villages Nature if you want to get supplies. It is the next stop from Disneyland (trains only go one direction) or some free buses from the bus station.

There are a lot of hotels near val d'europe - Hipark, Elysee, Residhome, Sejours et Affaires, Ibis, Ibis Budget. They are also all different areas around the shopping centre.

The other offsite hotels are the partner hotels which all have a bus from the bus station - B&B, Campanile (formerly Kyriad), Explorers, Magic Circus, Dream Castle.

I've stayed Ibis, Hipark, Sejours et Affaires, Kyriad, Explorers, Dream Castle and they are all pretty good although I would choose Ibis or Dream Castle first over the rest. Make sure you factor the cost of the train each day if staying at Val D'Europe.
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
giblets
Getting to know the DIBB

We have stayed at apartments twice now in Val d' Europe. There are frequent free buses from most of the hotels and don't require you to be staying in the hotels.
We walked most days which would take about 15-20 mins, kids were either carried, in a pram or on the buggy board. There were a couple of times I had to walk the youngest back in the pram by myself while the rest of the family waited for the bus.
You can get the timetables from the hotel receptions.
We preferred staying off site as you get your own space and can get anything from the local huge supermarket.
There is also several restaurants located around the shopping center, and a designer shopping street if you are into that thing. We are heading back in October as a family of 5.
giblets is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List