Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Aug 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyHoneymoon
Very Serious Dibber

DisneyHoneymoon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
First solo trip

I am going to stop in Orlando on my way back from a work trip. I only have 1.5 days, but there is no way, I can could make it across the pond without stopping in the Disney bubble.
I will be going without DH, DD8 and DS2.
How different will it be without DH and kids? I am partially envisioning freedom, but also boredom loneliness.
It will also be my first time staying offsite, my first time eating at a restaurant by myself (EVER)... So many firsts.
Any tips or tricks?
2019 --- Disney's Old Key West | 2017 --- Disney's Port Orleans Riverside | 2016 --- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort | 2015 --- Disney's Old Key West | 2002 --- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort | 1998 --- Disney's (former) Dixie Landings
DisneyHoneymoon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Imagineer

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I am going to have three days by myself next month before DH joins me. I have travelled solo before but not for a long time, I have eaten in restaurants on my own both as a solo traveller and also sometimes on work trips. I am a mixture of feeling a bit nervous and really looking forward to it.

The main thing to do at restaurants is to have a distraction, like a book or ipad, just in case you feel self conscious when waiting for food. Otherwise just sit back and enjoy people watching. I think I will mainly have QS meals when I am there by myself, but I have booked Boma breakfast and I am now keeping an eye out for Narcoossee around fireworks time, as I have decided to be bold and do a signature by myself.

My tickets won't be valid until the day after DH arrives when we change hotel, so I have put together a plan to tour the resorts I have never seen and I will also go to Disney Springs. I will be too busy to get bored. The evening DH arrives, I am going by myself to an after dark event which will allow him to have the room to himself and get some sleep.
Claudette is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I did my first solo WDW holiday last year - 14 nights staying at POFQ. It was the best holiday I've ever had. I didn't feel lonely in the slightest - there was too much to do plus I got chatting to loads of people including in the POFQ pool! Eating alone in restaurants doesn't bother me so that wasn't an issue. Attitude is important. If you think 'poor me, I'm all on my own' then you won't enjoy it. But if you think 'yay, I'm all on my own and can do what I want when I want!' then you'll have a great time. I'm doing another solo trip next month - 10 nights at Beach Club. And another one next September - 11 nights at POFQ again. I'm really excited about both
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

The things Iíve noticed when Iíve been there solo is that everyone is focused on enjoying themselves that they donít take any notice of others.

People who realise you are alone - in queues or having a rest on a wall, bench etc are usually happy to chat.

With Orlando being a convention place you do see others eating solo in restaurants. Probably more off-site though.
ERICSMUM is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Peut- tre
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Once every 2/3 months I treat myself to a me day which includes going for lunch or dinner alone and I actually love it. It's a good way to decompress and ground yourself. It's nice just to sit and think about how much you've accomplished that you can take yourself out for a nice meal... Plus rosť always tastes better when you've got it to yourself 😉
Peut- tre is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List