Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Jul 17, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
clairenutter
Apprentice Imagineer

I so want to go back and ride this!
California - Sheraton Disneyland 04
DLP - Hotel Cheyenne 05
clairenutter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post

So Ayrpluto I've got to ask... how long did you queue for and is it an interesting queue?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We rode it a couple of times over the past few weeks..it is IMO the best ride in Disney by far.I loved the film and this is really like you are in it...amazing ride and the only ride I'd ever queue an hour and a half for.
Old 9 Jul 17, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I struggle with simulators and motion sickness and can't do Soarin but LOVED FoP - first couple of swoops ideas tense then thought this is just like being on my motorbike so I started relaxing and leaning I to it and it was AMAZING!
Old 9 Jul 17, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Allaboutdisney View Post
Can you hold hands with a child on this ride? My 6 year old really wants to go on, but you mention the seats are like bikes? I've not had a look at the ride as I don't want to spoil it, but I don't want him to be distressed. Think I may need to have a sneak preview
I don't think that would work tbh as you really do need to hold on with both hands and the bikes are not right next to each other like seats would be but a gap in between them.

Wait time 2 weeks ago was 4hrs at 11am and about 90mins at 7pm - we got fastpass bang on 12 on the day they became available and was well glad of that!
Old 9 Jul 17, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Allaboutdisney
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by MandyJ72 View Post
I don't think that would work tbh as you really do need to hold on with both hands and the bikes are not right next to each other like seats would be but a gap in between them.

Wait time 2 weeks ago was 4hrs at 11am and about 90mins at 7pm - we got fastpass bang on 12 on the day they became available and was well glad of that!
Thanks for this, do the bikes move at all or do they raise up? I'm thinking I can tell him to shut his eyes if he doesn't like the drop, but if the bikes raise up or anything then that's not a good idea...
Allaboutdisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

I queued for 90 mins last month in order to see the queue line. It was one of the most interesting queue lines I have seen in Disney and sets the scene for the ride. The FP queue is quicker but lacks the build up.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Allaboutdisney View Post
Thanks for this, do the bikes move at all or do they raise up? I'm thinking I can tell him to shut his eyes if he doesn't like the drop, but if the bikes raise up or anything then that's not a good idea...
Not doesn't rise up like it's going to do a wheelie but you are restricted in how you can move as you are clamped behind your legs as well - it does move but its more the floor that moves I think and you can feel the Banshee breathing - it's more simulator movement and it feels like you are swooping and rising and falling like you do in Soarin but more intense because you are on your own and not harnessed but strapped to the bike / Banshee.
Old 13 Jul 17, 01:48 AM  
Link to this Post
ayrpluto

ayrpluto's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We had a fastpass for it the second time so only waited about five minutes, but in the first time it was meant to be a 90 minute wait but was only about 70ish, went in just bride a storm started and as we exited it just finished. Queue is very interesting and the animatronic is breathtaking - however you do miss this in the fastpass queue.

July 2004; Dec 2007; June/July 2009; July 2011; July 2012; July 2015; June/July 2017

A little short to be a stormtrooper.
ayrpluto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 03:03 AM  
Link to this Post
pepsicube
Imagineer

Did this twice yesterday, first time was a FP, about 5 minutes wait. Totally blew me away, absolutely amazing.
Unfortunately DW suffers motion sickness and spent most of the ride with her eyes closed, She was lucky to keep her lunch😀
Myself and DD then queued for it during the EMH - quoted length of queue was 95 minutes, but in reality was about an hour, Line was constantly moving and we weren't bored at all.
Did the new Soarin' today, loved that too, not as intense but nearly as good.
pepsicube is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List