Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Jul 17, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

Fast pass and lightening

Quick question. If I have a fast pass for something like Exp Ev in AK and there's a storm which closes the ride. If I had a fast pass I'm guessing they give you a FP voucher to ride another time? If this is the case, do you have to queue up to get it? If so from where?

Also, do they give you a FP for that actual ride? Or one that you can use anywhere in the park? (I'm thinking FoP?)
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post

If a ride is to remain unavailable to close of park the system will delete your existing Fastpass and offer you alternatives. However, if a ride has been closed temporarily and re-opens they will usually honour FPs that were affected (within reasonable operation parameters).

Edited at 02:02 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post

We were offered the opportunity to ride at any point in the day, but we stopped by guest services who kindly gave us an any ride FP as that was our last day in that park and the ride was closed for the second time when we left.

So there are a few possible options
Old 13 Jul 17, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
jnc2345
Getting Excited

Generally when a ride closes, MDE will offer you a range of alternative attractions, or the option to return to the ride at any point throughout the day (assuming that it will actually reopen).
jnc2345 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

In my experience... guest services is the place to queue to get an alternative

Disney332
Old 13 Jul 17, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
If you have already scanned in you will be given a paper anytime fast pass, this happen to us yesterday with test track, we had to wait for a bit inside before they were willing to hand them out.
Old 14 Jul 17, 05:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by itz_baseline View Post
Quick question. If I have a fast pass for something like Exp Ev in AK and there's a storm which closes the ride. If I had a fast pass I'm guessing they give you a FP voucher to ride another time? If this is the case, do you have to queue up to get it? If so from where?

Also, do they give you a FP for that actual ride? Or one that you can use anywhere in the park? (I'm thinking FoP?)
We were in Splash Mountain queue when it closed for lightening, probably for 45 minutes to an hour. We were right at the front, so we waited but loads of people left and I didn't see anyone discuss or get anything as an alternative. We didn't mind because by the time the lightening had passed the queues had dropped right down and we walked on to all the mountains during next hour or so.

We did get a couple of flexible FP when rides had technical problems, but they were for any ride but the most popular, so 7DMT was not available for example. I would think FOP would be excluded in same way should you get a compliment FP.
Old 14 Jul 17, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
trampslikeus
Apprentice Imagineer

If using MDE you will get a notification, apologising for unavailability, and confirming fastpass will remain valid for the rest of the day, or offer you alternative attractions you can use your fastpass at.
At EPCOT we had to be evacuated off Living With the Land due to technical difficulties, and were given a paper fastpass which could be used one time on any ride (excluding Soaring, Test Track and Frozen Ever After) for the next 3 days (never actually used it.)
trampslikeus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List