Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 20 Aug 18, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

SSR - Congress Park?

We usually stay in the Paddock area at SSR but have had no choice but book preferred for our first two nights. I have asked for Congress Park.

Is the walkway to DS open all night and is it quite well lit?
Old 20 Aug 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Yes and yes.
Old 20 Aug 18, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
My room overlooks it!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
My room overlooks it!
Probably no point asking for that. Never get what we request anyway.
Old 20 Aug 18, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Sara_toga View Post
Probably no point asking for that. Never get what we request anyway.
I didn't either!
However by arriving early in the morning as opposed to evening time you have haggle opportunity which is exactly what I did as not all rooms are allocated at that time.

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 18, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I didn't either!
However by arriving early in the morning as opposed to evening time you have haggle opportunity which is exactly what I did as not all rooms are allocated at that time.
Yes I like your idea of booking a value for the first night and arriving early however with just a two night stay at the beginning it is not worth it. I will try it for the last few days though.

Enjoy your Irma free trip. We were at SSR the same time as you last year. Four weeks until we are back so fingers crossed for us this year will be hurricane free!
Old 21 Aug 18, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Sara_toga View Post
Yes I like your idea of booking a value for the first night and arriving early however with just a two night stay at the beginning it is not worth it. I will try it for the last few days though.

Enjoy your Irma free trip. We were at SSR the same time as you last year. Four weeks until we are back so fingers crossed for us this year will be hurricane free!
Mmm. That does make my system inappropriate for you. We dumped the cases at bellhop and were on FOP by 10.40, then Everest and the Safari and the room was then ready.

Old 3 Jan 19, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Sorry to jump on this thread. I’m currently booked at SSR and just wondered what my chances of getting Congress Park are? I’m not booked in a preferred room so I’m guessing that will make a difference? Is there a specific area for points bookings that we may end up?

Thanks!
Old 3 Jan 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Sorry to jump on this thread. I’m currently booked at SSR and just wondered what my chances of getting Congress Park are? I’m not booked in a preferred room so I’m guessing that will make a difference? Is there a specific area for points bookings that we may end up?

Thanks!

If you are booked on points and not in a preferred location there is no possibility you'll be in Congress Park.

(Unless they have some sort of operational problem with all rooms in other areas and they have nowhere else to put you - ie very very unlikely).

My favourite non preferred location is Grandstand - very convenient for buses (first stop), very close to bar / shop / food, nice little feature pool etc.

I don't know how it works for cash booking now, I'd like to think cash bookings wouldn't have access to preferred areas if they'd not paid for it, but I suspect that may not be the case!
Old 3 Jan 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
If you are booked on points and not in a preferred location there is no possibility you'll be in Congress Park.

(Unless they have some sort of operational problem with all rooms in other areas and they have nowhere else to put you - ie very very unlikely).

My favourite non preferred location is Grandstand - very convenient for buses (first stop), very close to bar / shop / food, nice little feature pool etc.

I don't know how it works for cash booking now, I'd like to think cash bookings wouldn't have access to preferred areas if they'd not paid for it, but I suspect that may not be the case!
Thanks for the reply!

Do you know if location has anything to do with the type of accommodation you book. In my case a 2 bed lock-off vs a dedicated 2 bed. Guessing we could still be anywhere!