Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Apr 17, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
katizim
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Taking nephew to Orlando

Hello all,

I'm hoping for some help and your experiences please.

I have just booked to take my nephew to Orlando next month, last minute. It's a surprise for him and obviously I have permission of his mother (my sister). She and his father are no longer together.

I've had a look online and seen some posts on various forums describing people's experiences of taking their nephew/niece/friend's child without their parent(s), but these are all quite old. Has anyone recently done this, and if so, can you advise what you experienced upon arrival at US Immigration please? What did you take with you when you went? I must admit that it wouldn't have even dawned on me until someone said I might need a letter from my sister confirming that I would have permission to approve any medical treatments needed for my nephew, so any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
katizim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsMo
Having Dinner with Goofy

I'm also taking my nephew in August. I am keen to hear other peoples responses. I have heard a letter signed from the parents stating you can take him and have say over medical decisions etc. Also copies of their passports to verify signature..

Hope fully someone will be along to help us soon!
MrsMo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
No experience but we are taking our 6yr old Granddaughter this August.

I have typed up a letter that the Parents have both signed as follows:-

1. Their full details, address and Passport No's
2. Full permission for my Wife and I who are named, address, date of birth, Passport No's etc to take said Child, full details as above
3. Dates of holiday and flight numbers
4. Finally full permission to go ahead with any medical treatment we or a health professional deem necessary.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer82
Earning More Ears

No experience of nieces/ nephews but my eldest daughter has her fathers surname (separated 13yrs) but every time we go on holiday we photocopy his passport ,get him to write on this that he gives permission etc and put the dates we are travelling and returning and he signs it.
Last year they asked my daughter what relationship she is to me and that was it!
Firsttimer82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

Have you checked he has travel insurance? Your own policy might only cover you.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
katizim
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Thank you everyone. I will get a letter signed, though I do wonder how they'll know that it wasn't just me signing it!

Ianc, thank you - we will get him his own policy to cover him as mine is automatically included with my bank account.
katizim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMo
Having Dinner with Goofy

That's why you need photo copies of the parents passports for the name and signature!
MrsMo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
katizim
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

MrsMo... Never thought of that!
Old 23 Apr 17, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm taking our daughters friend in just over 3 weeks and have a letter signed by her mother. If I find this thread when I am back I will update with our experience.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
katizim
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Thank you, Gummybears! Are you also having the letter signed by her father?