Notices

Old 1 May 17, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MichelleS View Post
Sounds like a fabulous trip ,we are off to New Orleans,Memphis,Nashville,Gatlingburg and Washington at the end of May.
Marvellous - look forward to hearing about it
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
scottish mama
VIP Dibber

Sounds like a fab trip! We're heading to The Smokies this summer too, so may take some tips form your planning. I loved reading your trip report for last year in the Rockies (I keep dreaming of doing something similar- then remember I need to use a wheelchair to get about )

We flew Westjet last year and they were great- we'd definitely fly with them again if the price was right. Seats were spacious and comfy and we just bought Boots meal deals for food. Download the app for their I've, though I think we did get that free last year. We had an 11 hour layover on the way home which was long enough to go into Toronto, and we headed up the CN tower. We had the fixed price lunch which included entrance to the viewing platform, and if you took into account the difference between lunch and the entrance, lunch only cost about 20CD and was a lovely meal.(and you skip the queues for tickets).

Think I might need to do a trip report this year- my first ever. Looking forward to reading more.
scottish mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 02:36 AM  
Link to this Post
john w
Getting Excited

you can queue for tickets for the Bluebird turn up early and wait outside. Reserved seats go on sale on line. I think its a week before show website tells you how to get them.Lots of good places in Nashville for live music. 3rd and Lindsey is good we have tickets here for June. FGL are opening a restaurant in June. 3rd time in Tennesse for us for CMA Music Fest.
john w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottish mama View Post
Sounds like a fab trip! We're heading to The Smokies this summer too, so may take some tips form your planning. I loved reading your trip report for last year in the Rockies (I keep dreaming of doing something similar- then remember I need to use a wheelchair to get about )

We flew Westjet last year and they were great- we'd definitely fly with them again if the price was right. Seats were spacious and comfy and we just bought Boots meal deals for food. Download the app for their I've, though I think we did get that free last year. We had an 11 hour layover on the way home which was long enough to go into Toronto, and we headed up the CN tower. We had the fixed price lunch which included entrance to the viewing platform, and if you took into account the difference between lunch and the entrance, lunch only cost about 20CD and was a lovely meal.(and you skip the queues for tickets).

Think I might need to do a trip report this year- my first ever. Looking forward to reading more.

Thanks for the Westjet info, it's good to know you liked the experience.

Definitely do a trip report - I love reading other people's! Enjoy your holiday
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by john w View Post
you can queue for tickets for the Bluebird turn up early and wait outside. Reserved seats go on sale on line. I think its a week before show website tells you how to get them.Lots of good places in Nashville for live music. 3rd and Lindsey is good we have tickets here for June. FGL are opening a restaurant in June. 3rd time in Tennesse for us for CMA Music Fest.
Thanks for the info on Nashville, that's great. I'd love to go to CMA fest - are you doing a trip report?
Old 22 Jul 17, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Two weeks to go! We've been so busy over the last couple of months, that there hasn't been much time to do all the proper planning, so I'm going to have to work hard this week to get on with it. We had an email from the cabin owner yesterday, with a picture of a bear in the yard which is exciting and a little bit scary . . .
Old 22 Jul 17, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Two weeks to go! We've been so busy over the last couple of months, that there hasn't been much time to do all the proper planning, so I'm going to have to work hard this week to get on with it. We had an email from the cabin owner yesterday, with a picture of a bear in the yard which is exciting and a little bit scary . . .
How exciting! It will soon be here!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 17, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Coming round fast, looking forward to hearing all about it !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 17, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Dimple
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Looking forward to reading this! We went to the smokies for 4 nights last year and definitely hoping to return again really enjoyed it!
Dimple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 17, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Just over a week to go! It looks like a fantastic itinerary. Hope the eclipse is everything you're expecting.

Another TR read to add to my list ...and your earlier ones. I'm going to have to stay away from the General TRs forum. I won't get anything else done.

Have a fabulous holiday!

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List