Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 7 Dec 17, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Universal Quick Service Dining plans.

Are they worth it/any good? Easy to use? Trying to work out what we can pay for before we go, last year we just bought 2 of the the coke freestyle cups which were a lifesaver and saved us loads of money.

The Quick plan with a drinks cup is 28.99 plus tax, the drinks cup is 14.99 plus tax, so essentially we would get a quick service meal, a snack, and a drink for 14.99? There looks like a decent choice of places in the parks to eat but we didn't eat in universal at all last year so I haven't got a clue what the food is like? Disney quick service plans are so easy to use!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Oh dear looks like I posted pretty much the same question as you a couple of hours later.

No replies for either of us yet. Let's hope a helpful Dibbers shows up soon.

We plan to eat at Hard Rock one night & Cow Fish for lunch but as we plan 4 days there I expect we'll be looking for a QS lunch on one of the days.
Old 8 Dec 17, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would say no, they’re not worth it. If you have Coke freestyle mugs they can be reactivated so you don’t need the drink part. You also have to buy the most expensive item to make them worth it.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

We are just back from Florida and had purchased both the meal plan with the freestyle cup and also without the cup but to be honest I didn't feel it was great value for money and don't think I would do so again.

Having said that it did mean that some meals were paid for in advance so it could be handy from that point of view.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 17, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thanks all, I think I need to look at everything and what you can actually eat on it before we decide! I do like to try and pay up front for as much as possible before we go if we can.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 17, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

We considered them, mainly as a way of paying for things before we went as we couldn’t see how it would save us money.

We didn’t in the end as a trip report from a few months before we were there put me off. I think mainly as the cards were per person and were very faffy. If you all wanted a snack you needed to swipe four seperate cards, if two wanted a snack you swiped two cards but then which two now still had a snack on them? Etc etc.

The freestyle mugs were fantastic though. My kids love Icee (slushies) and had far more of those in the mugs than we would ever have bought them!

Edited at 11:24 PM.
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 17, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
We did it for several days and wouldn't do it again. I bought four days worth as I like to have everything paid in advance. The cards are annoying because if your as forgetful as me() then it's easy to loose track of what's on what. I believe you can get them all placed on one card but that needs to be done it Citywalk. There is no real saving. I still have the cards with a few items left on each. I'd only do it to have everything paid in advance.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 17, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

If you want to have your meals prepaid, then yes, it's a way to acheive that.
But be advised that it's not like the disney dining plan. You have a card for each day, and for each guest. So you have to keep track of what's on which card. So if you want to get the QS dining plan for peace of mind, you won't get none.

If you're after savings, DO NOT buy the QS dining plan.
Remember that you can purchase it on the day, AT the QS restaurant you're purchasing your meal at. And you don't need to purchase the dining plan for your whole stay.

the CS Dining plan costs $21.99 without the coke freestyle scheme.

so let's say you're at a CS place, you can decide at the register if you want the CS Dining plan or not

this plan will give you one snack and one beverage on top of the CS meal
the most expensive snack is the pretzel or the churros at $4.49
a coke (or other fountain soda) is at $3.29

both items above make $7.78

you're paying $21.99 for the CS dining plan, which will allow you to get a snack and a beverage of up to $7.78
so, simple maths : $21.99 - $7.78 = $14.21

so, if at the register, your CS meal comes to over $14.21 (before taxes) then it might be a good idea to ask the Team Member to purchase the CS dining plan, which you will immediatly use to pay for your CS. And if you get the most expensive snack and a regular beverage, then you save money (a few cents, a buck at best)

the above figures may vary so do your own maths.

but the main idea is to know that, depending on your CS meal price, you can know if it will be worth if or not (money wise) and decide at that time, if you're purchasing the meal plan or not.

do not get it in advance if you want to save money.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List