Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Dec 17, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
gooseygander
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile Which/what time character breakfast on last day?

We are staying at ASM and plan to go to MK for our last morning. Thought it might be nice to do a character breakfast on the last day (or brunch). I can be chef mickeys for 7am but not sure if we would be too much on florida time to get up for that (2 ad, 5yo and 2yo) or if cape May would be better a bit later on.
Already doing Crystal Palace lunch, bog lunch and crt lunch in MK on other days. Any other suggestions and timings would be useful-not sure how to make the most of the last day 😄
gooseygander is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 17, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Is it your last full day, or the day you fly? As I wouldn't recommend Cape May if it's the latter and you're trying to squeeze in MK due to the travel times. Chef Mickey's would be a better choice in that instance since it's right next to MK. If you don't fancy heading over to Chef Mickey's for 7am, you could always head to MK for rope drop, spend a few hours there then walk/monorail over to the Contemporary for a later brunch instead of breakfast.

If it's the last full day, either would be fine. Although if you have a Mickey fan, keep in mind that he doesn't appear at Cape May - it's only Minnie, Donald and Goofy. I'll also throw in a third option of Garden Grill at Epcot. Amazing character interaction there (Chip & Dale, Pluto and the too cute Farmer Mickey) and it's "all you care to enjoy" served family style to the table rather than a buffet. You could then monorail over to MK.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 17, 01:07 AM  
Link to this Post
gooseygander
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Thanks, yes it’s our travel day I mean rather than last full day. Haven’t thought about garden grill as didn’t want to be bouncing around on buses but didn’t realise couldn’t get the monorail from Epcot to MK
gooseygander is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 17, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by gooseygander View Post
We are staying at ASM and plan to go to MK for our last morning. Thought it might be nice to do a character breakfast on the last day (or brunch). I can be chef mickeys for 7am but not sure if we would be too much on florida time to get up for that (2 ad, 5yo and 2yo) or if cape May would be better a bit later on.
Already doing Crystal Palace lunch, bog lunch and crt lunch in MK on other days. Any other suggestions and timings would be useful-not sure how to make the most of the last day 😄
On last day, I probably would only want to include one location in my plans. So I would either eat somewhere in MK or probably just not bother with the character breakfast as you will have done the MK ones anyway. Or maybe I would do BOG breakfast for early entry.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 17, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

We’ve done Ohana + Magic Kingdom on the morning when flying home in the evening and really like that combination. You meet Stitch as you come in, then Mickey, Pluto, and Lilo come to the table. It’s family style rather than buffet, so slightly less chaotic since everyone mostly stays at the table (though there is a parade to join with the characters if you like). And the light is lovely for photos - heaps of natural lights through the windows and it reaches to pretty much every table, so take your pictures with the kids and characters facing toward the window / window behind you as you take the picture and they will be beautiful. (Yes, I totally judge restaurant’s by the photo potential!)

When you’re finished, the monorail takes you back to the MK gates and you’re off!

Chef Mickey’s is super fun though and also on the monorail loop, so not a bad choice. Especially if buffets work well for your family and you want the classic characters. We also really, really love the character interaction and buffet at 1800 Park Fare for another monorail loop option, but no Mickey there so we’ve never picked it on going home day. (It’s Winnie, Tigger, Alice, Hatter, and Mary Poppins.)

Edited at 07:52 PM. Reason: Goodness, I can't spell on my phone to save my ears.
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 17, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gooseygander View Post
Thanks, yes it’s our travel day I mean rather than last full day. Haven’t thought about garden grill as didn’t want to be bouncing around on buses but didn’t realise couldn’t get the monorail from Epcot to MK
I would definitely rule out Cape May in that instance then, as you'd need to get over to Beach Club. From ASM, that will be either an Uber between the resorts or bus to HS then walk/boat to BC. Then to get to MK, you'd need to get the bus from BC or walk right through to the other side of Epcot to get to the monorail.

With Garden Grill, you do have to change monorails at TTC as the Epcot branch only runs to TTC. But yes, technically you can monorail between the two parks.

But I would go with Chef Mickey's or Ohana (always forget they do breakfast there - I'm not an Ohana/Stitch fan ) on your travel day for sure though. Another option is 1900 Park Fare at GF for some different characters, I believe the breakfast is Alice in Wonderland themed. And like all the monorail resorts, super easy to get across to MK afterwards.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 17, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We did 1900 Park Fare at 10am last trip. Used FPP in MK at 11am, 12pm and 1pm, did a bit of shopping and caught the bus back to our resort for DME for a 3pm pick up. It was a lovely last day. We stored our bags with Bell Services at the resort.