Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 Dec 17, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Button17 View Post
18th Jan
Oh I see! Well in that case I’d go. It’s not an expensive TS meal comparatively and it’s a good one.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 17, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
captbnut
slightly serious Dibber

I apologise if you know this, but are you aware that you tip at all TS meals, even the buffets? Our average tip for 3a 1c was $35. It's a lot of money over a 2 week holiday.

If its hot you may be happy to pay a $30 tip just to sit in the air conditioning!
captbnut is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 17, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I'd use the TS credit and budget for the tip as the TS is so good at Yak & Yeti. It's actually one of a few Disney restauarants that we go to "out of pocket", albeit with 2 Landry's cards, as it's good value even without the DDP. And the TS is also far superior to the Cafe.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 17, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Faythy
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Originally Posted by captbnut View Post
I apologise if you know this, but are you aware that you tip at all TS meals, even the buffets? Our average tip for 3a 1c was $35. It's a lot of money over a 2 week holiday.

If its hot you may be happy to pay a $30 tip just to sit in the air conditioning!
Are taxes added on to the menu prices too?
Faythy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 05:04 AM  
Link to this Post
kikimouse
Apprentice Imagineer

I really enjoyed our meal at Yak and Yeti. The food and service were great and we had a table on the first floor right by the window. It was just such a relief to sit and have a leisurely meal in aircon comfort to break the hot day in AK. We opted for Tusker House lunch during our next trip and I sorely wished we had stuck with Yak and Yeti.
kikimouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Yak & Yeti is near the top of our must-do list. We happily pay OOP for it as we have landry and think its excellent value. The tips for all buffets etc. are going to add up too. If you're using most of your TS credits, would an extra couple really make such a huge difference to your budget? Depends on your party size I guess.

You could always have a look at the menu beforehand and try to work out costs to get an idea of what your tip will be? Or even to see if they do offer your selections at the Y&Y quick service.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Thank you all. Decided to keep our reservation. I've done some overtime to cover tips for whole trip. Was planning to use our free gift card towards tips but in a moment of madness gave the girls choice of Christmas present or $100 each. They chose the $100 so thats the gift card spoken for 😁

Thank you for all your input and views. xx
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Thank you all. Decided to keep our reservation. I've done some overtime to cover tips for whole trip. Was planning to use our free gift card towards tips but in a moment of madness gave the girls choice of Christmas present or $100 each. They chose the $100 so thats the gift card spoken for 😁

Thank you for all your input and views. xx
Good for you, it'll be well worth it, it's lovely. I bet you'll find the kids think long and hard about what to spend that money on too if they're anything like mine. They're always more thoughtful when they see it as coming out of their own pocket rather than mine or their dad's
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Good for you, it'll be well worth it, it's lovely. I bet you'll find the kids think long and hard about what to spend that money on too if they're anything like mine. They're always more thoughtful when they see it as coming out of their own pocket rather than mine or their dad's
I totally agree about kids and money. Worked well last time as they had saved their own money. If they saw something they wanted I'd take a photo, then each evening go back through and they normally decided against it. 😁
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

I totally agree about kids and money. Worked well last time as they had saved their own money. If they saw something they wanted I'd take a photo, then each evening go back through and they normally decided against it. 😁
The photos are a brilliant idea, think I'll do the same next year. We were on a stricter budget this year and made the kids aware of this, they barely asked for anything outside of what they bought themselves. Just showed me exactly how OTT I was in the years prior buying them far too much. Then when we offered them something they were really grateful (Banshees, again, because I wanted them to have them). Have a lovely trip.