Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 Dec 17, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
nicohna
Apprentice Imagineer

Early Morning ADR

Does anyone have any experience with 9am ADRs?

I have Kona Cafe, Boma and BOG booked and am just wondering at roughly what time we should be leaving SSR? Is Google Maps reliable for timings?

Am I right in saying we would need to go to Disney Springs first for the resort buses?

Thanks
Old 20 Dec 17, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes, I think you would need to go to Disney Springs unless a nearby park is open or opening within an hour. So for example, BOG at 9am you should be able to catch a bus to Magic Kingdom up to an hour before the park opens so you can get a bus from 8am if MK opens at 9am (7am if early opening at 8am).

We are hoping to book Trattoria al Forno for breakfast next year but we have decided to use Uber or Lyft to get there as it will be quicker and easier and won't cost much. Maybe this could be an option for some of your early bookings if Disney transport isn't suitable.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 17, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post

BOG will be straightforward enough.

I use the transportation wizard on ourlaughingplace for other routes. I don’t know how to do a link but from the home page select planning tools on the left and it is in there.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 17, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Yes, I think you would need to go to Disney Springs unless a nearby park is open or opening within an hour.
You'll always be able to catch a bus to a park before the first bus leaves Disney Springs.

Disney Springs buses start running at 8:30am

Buses to parks are supposed to start 1hour before park opening, but Disney will also often run buses for those who have breakfast in the parks before opening time

inquire at Concierge the day before.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 17, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Agree with the above to use the ourlaughingplace calculator rather than Google Maps.

The buses officially operate an hour before park open but in reality, they run from about 6:30am. I'd say you'd have no problem getting MK/AK buses from about 7am since both of those parks have 8am ADRs available.

This will be fine for BoG, and you'll be able to get into MK (up to the Hub) from 8am anyway if you want to get there early for castle photos. Kona will also be fine as the monorail should be running, or you can get either the Poly boat or even the TTC ferry and walk from there.

The problem you might have with Boma is how frequently buses are leaving the park back to AKL that early in the morning, since people are heading the other way. But the buses will have to go back to AKL to pick up more guests so presumably they'll check the stops for waiting passengers.

All else fails, Uber/Lyft will get you there quickly and fairly cheaply. This is what I'd recommend for a 7am reservation, but 9am isn't that early so you should be fine on Disney transport.

Edited at 06:22 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 17, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

9am is prime park touring time. Just my opinion but I’d never book a 9am ADR unless I was planning a none park day or was only visiting a park for the evening.
Old 22 Dec 17, 04:50 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
9am is prime park touring time. Just my opinion but I’d never book a 9am ADR unless I was planning a none park day or was only visiting a park for the evening.
I must admit, I couldn’t be bothered heading to another resort for a breakfast ADR, Boma and Kona Cafe wouldn’t be on my list if I were staying at SSR. I would do park breakfast ADRs though. We did a breakfast ADR at a Grand Floridian when we were staying at Contemporary but only because we had spa treatments booked for that morning at the spa there.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 17, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
nicohna
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks so much for all the info guys!

I know it's a bit of a faff with resort ADRs but it'll be a long time before we return so, I want to get the best restaurants in where I can.

Ourlaughingplace is an amazing resource, thanks for suggesting it. However, if uber is as easy as everyone is suggesting, we might just book those for the resort meals!
Old 27 Dec 17, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by nicohna View Post
Thanks so much for all the info guys!

I know it's a bit of a faff with resort ADRs but it'll be a long time before we return so, I want to get the best restaurants in where I can.

Ourlaughingplace is an amazing resource, thanks for suggesting it. However, if uber is as easy as everyone is suggesting, we might just book those for the resort meals!
If this is an occasional visit I feel compelled to repeat my earlier advice. In terms of queuing at the theme parks your wait times will be the lowest for the first two hours the park is open every day. Why use the best time for the theme parks eating when you can eat in the restaurants all day?
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 17, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
nicohna
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
If this is an occasional visit I feel compelled to repeat my earlier advice. In terms of queuing at the theme parks your wait times will be the lowest for the first two hours the park is open every day. Why use the best time for the theme parks eating when you can eat in the restaurants all day?
I know, I always read that! But we are big into our food; I did a lot of research, picked these specifically to our tastes and for cuisine we wouldn't get here in Belfast :/

Also, I'm a beast when I'm hungry so I'll need to eat before braving the parks