Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 Dec 17, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggerific2018
Helping Mickey

Mobile Breakfast at Ohana - how long will it take?

My niece wants to have breakfast with Stitch on our first morning. I’m hoping to get a reservation at 7:30am when Ohana opens, and then head to MK before it gets too horrifically busy (it will be the Sunday of a holiday weekend). How long should we expect that character breakfast to take?

We won’t be rushing, but given the excitement of the first day, I expect that she will probably be ready to leave once she has met Stitch.

Secondly, and slightly off topic, we will probably take a Minnie Van from the Poly to MK (this may change once I have sussed the logistics of disabled access on the monorail), and am expecting that it will take us 45-60 mins between leaving Ohana and walking into the MK. Does that sound about right?

Thank you!
Tiggerific2018 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 17, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Mobile

Personally from Polynesian to Mk I would take the monorail. The monorail entrance is on the same level as ohana and the monorail exit at mk is on a ramp making it the easiest route with a wheelchair or mobility issues.
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 17, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggerific2018
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Originally Posted by MissVincent View Post
Personally from Polynesian to Mk I would take the monorail. The monorail entrance is on the same level as ohana and the monorail exit at mk is on a ramp making it the easiest route with a wheelchair or mobility issues.
That’s great to know, Miss Vincent - thank you! It does seem like the monorail would be our best bet in that case, and more fun (and cheaper!) than a car. I’ve got a fair amount of info about disabled access to rides, but had resigned myself to using Minnie Vans and taxis ourside of the parks themselves.
Tiggerific2018 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 17, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

We had breakfast with Stitch and friends last month and I've just looked at the time stamps on our photos - we were there for an hour and ten minutes from check in at the restaurant to getting back on the monorail. We had to wait for a table as our reservation wasn't until 9:15, so you would be seated quicker if you had the first slot of the day when they open. I would also say you probably will eat more quickly than our timings, both because my DS is 3 and a slow-coach at eating and we have allergies so the chef came out to see us and then cooked something that would suit. If you have no allergies or other food requests in your party, the food will come straight out as it's the same food for every table.

Worth knowing you meet Stitch on the way in though, he doesn't come to the table! Mickey, Pluto, and Lilo come to the table once you've been seated. There is also a parade to join in with the characters if you like, and that must happen about once an hour as we only saw it once while we were there.

And yes, Monorail will be quicker and easier, I think. Miss Vincent is right about the location and the ramps, and we have been on the monorail with plenty of wheelchairs and mobility scooters and I've never seen anyone have any trouble. If there was trouble, there are CMs at every platform to assist. If you're staying onsite and thinking you'll have to get a Minnie Van to and from the parks, don't discount the Disney buses. They load wheelchairs and scooters first, through a separate queue, and all of the party comes along too so you don't wind up separated. No first hand experience but it always seems to run pretty well from what I've witnessed while waiting in the queue... worth investigating, at any rate, as it might not be as bad as you imagine!
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 17, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggerific2018
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Mickeyismybff, thank you so much. This is exactly what I was looking for and is extremely helpful. I really appreciate you checking your photo timestamps too - that was very kind of you.

I had no idea that Stitch doesn’t come to the table, or about the parade, so that’s great to know. I suspect my niece won’t care about meeting the other characters, though possibly Lilo, so I think you are right that we will be out of there faster than you were. It’s a very helpful guide though, and definitely allays my concerns that we might not make it to the MK before the crowds really get going.

I appreciate the info about the monorail, and also about the logistics of how the transport copes with disabled guests. It sounds like I won’t need to budget nearly as much in taxis/Minnie Vans as I was anticipating, which is great. Certainly, for getting to the MK after our breakfast at Ohana, the monorail sounds like a much better option. Thank you again for all your help!