Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 25 Dec 17, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Originally Posted by Bridgetx View Post
I wish I could find a way of not having to enter the phone number for every ADR too!
Now, that should auto-fill when you put the first digit of the number in.
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 17, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Faythy View Post
Er...you get an option of adding the card or not, which is why I asked the OP if he had done that. I wondered if the OP hadn't opted to store their details so WDW was seeing the card as a new one each time.

Some people don't like websites storing their card details, and websites can't just store it without asking you.
See your point but I find it far easier to add the card at the start. It has a padlock top right of the page so I consider it totally safe.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 17, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post

I like Suntrust's way of dealing with multi use. You let them know the exact area or city you will be in on certain dates rather than the UK bank's - oh! you'll be in USA generalisation. That way we have no trouble using the card without interruption.
Old 25 Dec 17, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post

I wish I could find a way of not having to enter the phone number for every ADR too!
Control C - Control V
Old 25 Dec 17, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Mine is stored in MDE (Profile > Contact Information) and I've never had to enter it when doing an ADR. Only thing I have to do each time is add the special diets section - that I wish they would save!
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 17, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Faythy
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
See your point but I find it far easier to add the card at the start. It has a padlock top right of the page so I consider it totally safe.
Think it's more the fact that a few companies, at the time that the expert went on BBC Breakfast News, had their sites hacked. She said if you allow a company to store card details than hackers could have access to them. It's a different scenario to getting details due to the unsecure padlock you mention.
Faythy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 17, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

My card is stored. I did not have to re enter it. It would make sense if WDW does the authorization once, but they didn't. I did online check in too that day so that was the first authorization, 3 adrs - card blocked by my bank account, card unblocked, 3 more adrs - card blocked again.

My bank was in contact pretty much immediately and unblocked it. I just felt i should share in case someone is looking to make a lot of adrs in the same time to be aware of potential delays.

I can't recall this happening before and we did a lot more adrs in the past.

I still managed to get all my wishlist, it wasn't issue in the end. As Geoffa pointed out "Disney check authorizations for a "shadow" each time so the bank has assumed the card is about to be attacked." - exactly what they said, unusual to have so many authorization for 0.00 so near to each other.

Edited at 07:28 PM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 17, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I previously had credit card registered and this year it's visa debit card I have stored. I wonder if this made difference? Each of the ADRS has an entry to my online account as
the date WDW ROOM ONLY 0.00 on my online statement.

It's not a big deal, just felt it's relevant to share in case it happens to someone else
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 17, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Alien View Post
I previously had credit card registered and this year it's visa debit card I have stored. I wonder if this made difference? Each of the ADRS has an entry to my online account as
the date WDW ROOM ONLY 0.00 on my online statement.

It's not a big deal, just felt it's relevant to share in case it happens to someone else
That could be it. I always use a cc. I know my sister had problems when she used a debit card for US transactions once.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 17, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Faythy
Helping Mickey

I have my CC linked to my account, so yes, that might explain it.
Faythy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List