Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Jan 14, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbigbeak
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caz1712 View Post
Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the reply! Aw really! I think Its that way where you think its too good to be true - so it can't be! lol. I am sorely tempted to be honest!

What is AVIS preferred? Is it a loyalty scheme that I can sign up to before we go? I like the idea of no ques! Think I will be standing in enough of them as it is!lol.

C
x
No it was great tbh , we joined avis preferred , so when you get at the airport instead of queuing , at the car company desk we just walked up to preferred , there you show your details and they let you pick your car straight away no fuss

1st time POFQ Aug/Sep 2012- 2 weeks -2nd time Rosen inn,POFQ 3 weeks-3rd time NYC,Canada,DC,Rosen inn, Coranado springs 5weeks-4th time Vegas,San Fransisco,Hollywood, Anaheim & NYC 3 weeks - 5th time,Rosen inn international,Disney all star music resort 3 weeks
mrsbigbeak is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 14, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ayles300
Imagineer

Hi this is our third time of booking both together and has been great really nice cars and good prices. If you join BA executive club which is free you get a free additional driver, also we have joined Avis preferred to go straight to the garage.
Have flown with BA several times and cannot fault them.
Go for it !
* Int Drive Nov 91* Paris Aug 92* Disney Paris Santa Fe Jan 08* Clear Creek Circle May 09* Cumbrian Lakes May 11* Veranda Palms Sept 12* Indian Point & Daytona 500 Feb 13* Indian Point May 14 3 weeks!* IndianRidge Oaks April 15* Lake Berkley 40th May 16* Bahamas Cruise & Cumbrian Lakes Aug 17* Eagle point & Road trip April 19*
ayles300 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 14, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
rylisal
Imagineer

We're flying BA for the first time next month...Can't believe its almost here
Booked flight and car way back in April last year and only had to pay a £300 deposit at the time which was fab
We've also joined Avis preferred so are looking forward to going straight to the garage to collect our car
I think we got a good price too... £2200 for 3 adults & 1 child direct LGW to MCO with 17 days car hire(group G) at the start of half term hols
I've read great reviews on BA so looking forward to finding out for ourselves
Miami 1991(honeymoon!),Quality Inn Int Dv 1992,Buenaventura lakes Villa 1993,Quality Inn Int Dv 1995,Quality Inn Int dv 1997,Days Inn Lakeside 2000,Masters Inn Maingate 2002,Ramada Plaza MGate 2004, Liki Tiki Feb 2007 & Disney Wonder Cruise,DLP Feb '08,Terre Verde,DCL & Indian Shores Oct '08,Canada Aug09,June/July '10 CP & RPR, Feb/Mar '14 Mystic Dunes, Unversals RPR & POR, June/July '16 Florida road trip Sept '18 DLP!
rylisal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 14, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
We got a good price with BA for flight and car flying from Aberdeen-Heathrow-Miami-MCO and it will be the cheapest we have ever paid and that's going the end of june we were £702 ea for flight and i think £370 for our 7 seater for 5 adults. I have in the past paid over £800 ea as we only will fly from Aberdeen (stay in Dyce which is a 5 min drive from the airport)
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 14, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

We also have previously booked BA flight and car hire and it was the best price we could find. Also found the flight great and car hire no problem at all.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 14, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Those of you that have joined avid preferred...did you have to add credit card details?

I have got so far through the registration and I'm now getting twitchy about the CC details as I don't want to find them charging my card without my permission!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 14, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ayles300
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Brainache View Post
Those of you that have joined avid preferred...did you have to add credit card details?

I have got so far through the registration and I'm now getting twitchy about the CC details as I don't want to find them charging my card without my permission!
Yeah i had to leave card details, its for the deposit as you go straight to the garage and dont hand your card over to be swiped at the desk inside the terminal.x
* Int Drive Nov 91* Paris Aug 92* Disney Paris Santa Fe Jan 08* Clear Creek Circle May 09* Cumbrian Lakes May 11* Veranda Palms Sept 12* Indian Point & Daytona 500 Feb 13* Indian Point May 14 3 weeks!* IndianRidge Oaks April 15* Lake Berkley 40th May 16* Bahamas Cruise & Cumbrian Lakes Aug 17* Eagle point & Road trip April 19*
ayles300 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 14, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ayles300 View Post
Yeah i had to leave card details, its for the deposit as you go straight to the garage and dont hand your card over to be swiped at the desk inside the terminal.x
Fab. Thanks. . I shall sign up now.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 14, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
gerryc
Imagineer

gerryc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Yes we're going with BA in July only 350 deposit was the cheapest we could find.
gerryc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 14, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We've booked a fly drive for July

The booking is in my name but my DH will be the driver

Should we join Avis Preffered in my name or my DH's or won't it really matter ?
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread