Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jul 18, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

You can get the statutory report for £2, one off fee. I though that had everything you needed...

experian/consumer/...ry-report.html
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 18, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

hello...

yes old stuff drops off...

but debt is big business. You original loaner may have sold the debt onto someone more tenacious - who is monitoring your credit and if your score goes up, they get notified and send in the letters and visitors.

Most likely you old debt has dropped off and you may actually find you cant get credit - because you have no credit!

After the crash a few years ago lender NOW have to be more responsible - so yes you could contest any old debt to be sure its off your file...

First port of call is to sign up for the free month from Experian - REMEMBER to cancel it 28 days later or you will be charged.

Daft kid or not, you are still responsible - but lenders had a degree of responsibility then - post crash - you have to now jump thru hoops to get any credit.

The low cc wont really repair your credit - but there are other bank accounts you can get.

Loads of advice on money saving expert. Cit advice / cccs can help for free.

DO NOT pay to get your credit repaired / debt management - its a con.
DO NOT borrow to clear off old debt - when you are in a hole, stop digging.
(DO NOT admit to any old debt or you could be claiming ownership of it)

happy to help

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 18, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
You can get the statutory report for £2, one off fee. I though that had everything you needed...

experian/consumer/...ry-report.html
I’ll have a look, I didn’t see that
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 18, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by *jovi_girl* View Post
I kinda just ignored it and never paid it 😳

Like I said, I was a stupid kid
Have you paid it back now or has the issue been resolved in some way?
Old 23 Jul 18, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Radders
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Radders is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
hollypop
Very Serious Dibber

What I would say is that it is reparable. I ruined my credit rating when I was a teenager and it took me until I was in my late 20s (early 30s now) and about three years of a full-time income and responsible finances but now my score is excellent and I have no issues at all securing credit if/when I need it. I know it's easy to get disheartened about it and it will take time, but it is fixable if you're patient and careful.
hollypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 18, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
hello...

yes old stuff drops off...

but debt is big business. You original loaner may have sold the debt onto someone more tenacious - who is monitoring your credit and if your score goes up, they get notified and send in the letters and visitors.

Most likely you old debt has dropped off and you may actually find you cant get credit - because you have no credit!

After the crash a few years ago lender NOW have to be more responsible - so yes you could contest any old debt to be sure its off your file...

First port of call is to sign up for the free month from Experian - REMEMBER to cancel it 28 days later or you will be charged.

Daft kid or not, you are still responsible - but lenders had a degree of responsibility then - post crash - you have to now jump thru hoops to get any credit.

The low cc wont really repair your credit - but there are other bank accounts you can get.

Loads of advice on money saving expert. Cit advice / cccs can help for free.

DO NOT pay to get your credit repaired / debt management - its a con.
DO NOT borrow to clear off old debt - when you are in a hole, stop digging.
(DO NOT admit to any old debt or you could be claiming ownership of it)

happy to help
Thanks for all that.

I can’t get the free trial. I think I signed up for that a few years ago but never used cos I was unable to access my account.

I tried equifax and couldn’t even get through the sign up process. Every single user name I tried said ok but then when I tried to submit it changed to already in use, even the really obscure ones that I tried lol.

I just looked at a report from totally money and it said I had 10 open accounts, most of which are up to date.

There was a £31 account default for T-Mobile in April which I will ring them about cos I’ve not been with them for over a year so have no idea what that’s about.

There’s a £900+ account from EE which is what I’m disputing through the small claims court. Basically I took out a phone and iPad at the same time and they labelled which sim was for which device but they labelled them wrong so my son was unknowingly using the iPad sim in his phone which didn’t have the free texts, calls and data that it would have had if the correct sim was labelled. He ran up a few hundred pounds in a couple of weeks before they even alerted me and when i said I still had the sim packed with the writing on, they didn’t want to know. They cancelled my contracts and billed me for the remaining time on them.
There’s also 1 debt that I had completely forgotten about from 3 years ago for about £200 which I will contact them about and pay off.
Then there was a bit that said soft searches which don’t affect your credit but it had something about PayPal money laundering. Now I seriously have no idea what that is 😂😂😂

Not sure if that’s a legit site or if it actually has all my info cos none of my old debts are there or maybe they’ve been wiped off, I don’t know.

Seems that I’ve got a very low score for the sakes of about £1500 in debt.
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 18, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by hollypop View Post
What I would say is that it is reparable. I ruined my credit rating when I was a teenager and it took me until I was in my late 20s (early 30s now) and about three years of a full-time income and responsible finances but now my score is excellent and I have no issues at all securing credit if/when I need it. I know it's easy to get disheartened about it and it will take time, but it is fixable if you're patient and careful.
The thing is, I don’t even want credit but it’s nice to know it there if I ever did.

I have a current account at my bank and tried to get a student account (starting uni soon) just to get the freebies and couldn’t even get that 😂😂😂
Old 23 Jul 18, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by *jovi_girl* View Post
Thanks for all that.

I can’t get the free trial. I think I signed up for that a few years ago but never used cos I was unable to access my account.

I tried equifax and couldn’t even get through the sign up process. Every single user name I tried said ok but then when I tried to submit it changed to already in use, even the really obscure ones that I tried lol.

I just looked at a report from totally money and it said I had 10 open accounts, most of which are up to date.

There was a £31 account default for T-Mobile in April which I will ring them about cos I’ve not been with them for over a year so have no idea what that’s about.

There’s a £900+ account from EE which is what I’m disputing through the small claims court. Basically I took out a phone and iPad at the same time and they labelled which sim was for which device but they labelled them wrong so my son was unknowingly using the iPad sim in his phone which didn’t have the free texts, calls and data that it would have had if the correct sim was labelled. He ran up a few hundred pounds in a couple of weeks before they even alerted me and when i said I still had the sim packed with the writing on, they didn’t want to know. They cancelled my contracts and billed me for the remaining time on them.
There’s also 1 debt that I had completely forgotten about from 3 years ago for about £200 which I will contact them about and pay off.
Then there was a bit that said soft searches which don’t affect your credit but it had something about PayPal money laundering. Now I seriously have no idea what that is 😂😂😂

Not sure if that’s a legit site or if it actually has all my info cos none of my old debts are there or maybe they’ve been wiped off, I don’t know.

Seems that I’ve got a very low score for the sakes of about £1500 in debt.
doesnt sound like anything irrepairable - but takes hard work and time!

(ps I know all this from experience - so not being judgy!)

Credit Scores are funny and fickle... your ee thing sounds explainable but again - gorra fight fight fight with them

I have a business account with ee so know how bad they can be.

Its kinda like a successful diet... know how much you want to loose and when you need it lost by!

So Id say - in a year from now... plan to have your file in order and go from there.

Call experian and get the old trial lifted and start a new one.

The paypal thing could have been a fraud against you - I had one of those too...

Last question...

Are you me?

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 18, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Radders View Post
Thanks for that, I’ve just signed up.

It’s saying that my debt ratio is very good but my disposable income is very bad.
How do they know how much disposable income I have lol