Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jan 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Mobile Facebook question

Has anyone paid to have their business page boosted/promoted on Facebook? Interested to find out if it was worth it.
I currently look after a page for my mum's caravan hire and just looking to try and get more interest/followers/likes and obviously bookings.
I would probably just start with a £10 payment. Is it safe, or risky to use a credit card to do it?

Thank you.
Old 25 Jan 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

No idea if its safe but when I use social media I use an adblocker so don't see ads! and I know a lot of people do too, so would actually look into if it is worth it.
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
No idea if its safe but when I use social media I use an adblocker so don't see ads! and I know a lot of people do too, so would actually look into if it is worth it.
Thank you. Never thought of that.
Old 25 Jan 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Ive used it and its safe - cant say ive had that much extra work from it tho. You are better off joining all the UK hols pages, caravanning pages - but especially all the local Buy and Sell pages... and promoting it yourself.

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I tried it and like the above poster had nothing back from it, I found spending a bit of time posting on local sites far more lucrative, infact I pretty much got all my business that way (yoga classes).

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
Ive used it and its safe - cant say ive had that much extra work from it tho. You are better off joining all the UK hols pages, caravanning pages - but especially all the local Buy and Sell pages... and promoting it yourself.
Thank you. I've just started looking at local pages.
Old 25 Jan 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I tried it and like the above poster had nothing back from it, I found spending a bit of time posting on local sites far more lucrative, infact I pretty much got all my business that way (yoga classes).
Thank you xx
Old 25 Jan 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
Hi, I use Facebook ads for my business and get a lot of return from it.
Thanks for replying x
Old 25 Jan 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

If you do promote your page you need to set your parameters well to hit the audience that you want to see it. So for example, if you have a kidswear business, you need to make sure your audience includes parents, parents to be, mummies, preschool parents etc. Next think less is more, if you are UK based and sell only to uk then make sure it’s limited to this. If you are a local page, make sure you set your geographical location right. Think about the age range too. Think hard about the demographics, interests and behaviours of the people you want to follow your page. Done well Ads are THE single best way to grow a Facebook page. People often think by casting their net really wide they will get more but this is not true, quality over quantity. Start small, run it for a bit, test things and then try something else. A lot is testing to see what hooks people in. If you boost an individual post then make sure you boost one that is already doing well, Social proof! It can be really great done well. Also if anyone likes your posts, invite them to like your page also (there’s a button next to their name) as if they don’t want to they won’t, but if they do they will!

Hope that helps!
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
If you do promote your page you need to set your parameters well to hit the audience that you want to see it. So for example, if you have a kidswear business, you need to make sure your audience includes parents, parents to be, mummies, preschool parents etc. Next think less is more, if you are UK based and sell only to uk then make sure it’s limited to this. If you are a local page, make sure you set your geographical location right. Think about the age range too. Think hard about the demographics, interests and behaviours of the people you want to follow your page. Done well Ads are THE single best way to grow a Facebook page. People often think by casting their net really wide they will get more but this is not true, quality over quantity. Start small, run it for a bit, test things and then try something else. A lot is testing to see what hooks people in. If you boost an individual post then make sure you boost one that is already doing well, Social proof! It can be really great done well. Also if anyone likes your posts, invite them to like your page also (there’s a button next to their name) as if they don’t want to they won’t, but if they do they will!

Hope that helps!
Great advice, thank you.