Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 27 Jul 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Pixiedust40 View Post
I haven’t been to Atlantis but I have stayed at Lapita twice, Feb and Oct half term and absolutely loved it. As a guide we paid 2500 roughly for Feb half term for 4 people flying from Birmingham and nice day flights with emirates / half board. I usually check the prices across kenwood travel/ best at travel and emirates holidays as sometimes their prices vary quite a bit it is very different to Florida but we all loved it.
Colette bless her gave us lots of fab tips and advice to us save money
I think I need another holiday too I just want to tensions in that area to ease before I book another one.

Oooh Dubai trip reports... I’m not sure if I’ve seen these...off to have a look over a coffee
You do need to book again, with those deals they are practically paying you to be there
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiedust40
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
You do need to book again, with those deals they are practically paying you to be there
Do you know that’s exactly what I keep telling my husband
Old 27 Jul 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Do you know that’s exactly what I keep telling my husband
Surprise him and book it! 😉
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Well, reading this thread has convinced me that we should do Dubai for DH's 40th next year and May half term is a financially doable time!

Ant tips on tackling Motiongate or IMG?
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by VeryexcitedH View Post
Well, reading this thread has convinced me that we should do Dubai for DH's 40th next year and May half term is a financially doable time!

May half term is a fab time, we went this year and the temps are perfect.
Just be aware it will more than probably be Ramadan, that's why it's cheap! It really didn't affect us as hotels operate as normal generally. We only got one night where we weren't served alcohol until after 8pm, was a bit odd though as that was in the restaurant and we had already been drinking in the bar before the meal!
Also you aren't allowed to drink or eat in the malls. All the restaurants are covered with black curtains but still open for non Muslims.

Emirates were offering free tickets to the parks when we went. We got them but didn't get round to going!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Diane1971
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by VeryexcitedH View Post

We did motiongate (with the free pass mentioned above) at start of July. Heat was intense, but the park is so quiet, it’s great. No queues. Managed to do all the rides within 4 hours. Taxi’s were cheap there & back too. When we were there the park didn’t open until 2. Didn’t spend a penny cos we’d had lunch before going & were back in time for the club happy hour! Also took water with us. They checked the bags - but still waved us through with it (cos signs say can’t take any food/drink in). The staff also guide you through the first store/cafe so you get the air con for a chunk of the way😉 I’m guessing May might be a bit more bearable though!
Old 1 Aug 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
May half term is a fab time, we went this year and the temps are perfect.
Just be aware it will more than probably be Ramadan, that's why it's cheap! It really didn't affect us as hotels operate as normal generally. We only got one night where we weren't served alcohol until after 8pm, was a bit odd though as that was in the restaurant and we had already been drinking in the bar before the meal!
Also you aren't allowed to drink or eat in the malls. All the restaurants are covered with black curtains but still open for non Muslims.

Emirates were offering free tickets to the parks when we went. We got them but didn't get round to going!
Glad to hear that I've picked a good time of year thank you. I've got an unusually long half term which is why it works. Thanks for the advice on Ramadan, I've looked and it ends on the 23rd, we're looking to go the day after.

Emirates was who I was looking at deals with but someone mentioned a January sale so I'm tempted to wait.
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Diane1971 View Post
We did motiongate (with the free pass mentioned above) at start of July. Heat was intense, but the park is so quiet, it’s great. No queues. Managed to do all the rides within 4 hours. Taxi’s were cheap there & back too. When we were there the park didn’t open until 2. Didn’t spend a penny cos we’d had lunch before going & were back in time for the club happy hour! Also took water with us. They checked the bags - but still waved us through with it (cos signs say can’t take any food/drink in). The staff also guide you through the first store/cafe so you get the air con for a chunk of the way😉 I’m guessing May might be a bit more bearable though!
Excellent to know thank you. So I can plan a pool morning and then lunch before hitting the parks and still have enough time to fit all the rides in which is perfect. I have visions of numerous rides round on Ghostbusters 👻! 🤣
Old 4 Aug 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiedust40
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Surprise him and book it! 😉
Booked Caesars Palace for a quick trip with dh
Not sure how I’ll cope with the heat in August -but I’ll let you know
Old 5 Aug 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Booked Caesars Palace for a quick trip with dh
Not sure how I’ll cope with the heat in August -but I’ll let you know
He can stay inside with air conditioning 😂