Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Oct 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
It’s because of things like litigation that we have great health and safety standards.

Or you could say we need the health and safety standards to prevent litigation destroying businesses.
Never heard of the alpine cable car operators paying out when a car gets stuck. ⛷🏂🎿
Seriously, I get all that but I feel sad that we live in a society compensation is the key.
Just for the record I’m not known for my altruistic ways but I do have a great sense of fair play.
Tillyfloss is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Interesting point- how will this effect sales of Riviera DVC. With the resale restrictions already putting many buyers off, this cannot be good news. It’s sold as being an Epcot resort, even though it’s on old Caribbean Beach land, purely on the back of the Skyliner access.
Old 6 Oct 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Interesting point- how will this effect sales of Riviera DVC. With the resale restrictions already putting many buyers off, this cannot be good news. It’s sold as being an Epcot resort, even though it’s on old Caribbean Beach land, purely on the back of the Skyliner access.
I think that this will be treated more as an operating incident/ unfortunate teething problem with the system slowed down for now and will likely blow over fairly quickly. There are no reported injuries (at least none serious and no fatalities) so is only really newsworthy due to it being brand new
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bernard301 View Post
I think that this will be treated more as an operating incident/ unfortunate teething problem with the system slowed down for now and will likely blow over fairly quickly. There are no reported injuries (at least none serious and no fatalities) so is only really newsworthy due to it being brand new
I think there will be a lot of emotionally distressed people today who were stuck on the gondola last night.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
I think there will be a lot of emotionally distressed people today who were stuck on the gondola last night.
As there are when Alpine gondolas fail in much more precarious situations but we hear very little about
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Yes I hope they discover the problem, rectify it and get it running safely and reliably ASAP. I was really looking forward to riding it and with the ‘leak’ that an expansion was on the cards was hoping it would run to SSR one day. It’s fairly cheap (relatively) to construct, green and handles lots of people and is a ride unto itself.
It will be newsworthy though- it’s already making UK tabloids even, so it could put people off using it hence my question about Riviera sales.
Old 6 Oct 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We were on these yesterday. Went from the gateway at Epcot to cbr and back. They were pretty good. Shame this has happened.
Old 6 Oct 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Yes I hope they discover the problem, rectify it and get it running safely and reliably ASAP. I was really looking forward to riding it and with the ‘leak’ that an expansion was on the cards was hoping it would run to SSR one day. It’s fairly cheap (relatively) to construct, green and handles lots of people and is a ride unto itself.
It will be newsworthy though- it’s already making UK tabloids even, so it could put people off using it hence my question about Riviera sales.
I don’t get why anyone would be put off. If it’s a regular occurance over the coming months then I could see it. One incident won’t put me off riding it in the slightest to be honest.

March 2015 - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=865148
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

So now everybody knows there are emergency packs with water and cooling pads, we can pretty much guarantee that next time there is an emergency the occupants will discover they have been nicked by someone.
Old 6 Oct 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
So now everybody knows there are emergency packs with water and cooling pads, we can pretty much guarantee that next time there is an emergency the occupants will discover they have been nicked by someone.
That’s exactly what DH said! Disney keepsakes!
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List