Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Oct 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by angelbabe View Post
Ok, good to know a full blown evacuation by the Fire Department and 2 hours plus of terrified riders was just everyone overreacting.

Thanks for your expertise on the matter, I’m sure Disney will be along to offer you a job in risk assessment or PR shortly.
Lol. Yeah people don't overreact
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
It was quite a serious crash. Luckily, nobody seriously injured and no doubt they will be closed for sometime now
Define serious vs not serous? A couple or gondolas at low speed bumped into each other and caused a ride shut down. No one hurt as far as we know...
It was about as unserious as a "crash" could be...

Edited at 02:52 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Define serious vs not serous? A couple or gondolas at low speed bumped into each other and caused a ride shut down. No one hurt as far as we know...
It was about as unserious as a "crash" could be...
At the end of the day it doesn’t matter what you or I think.
angelbabe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by angelbabe View Post
At the end of the day it doesn’t matter what you or I think.
Guess not... Let's shut the forum down lol
Old 6 Oct 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
It was quite a serious crash. Luckily, nobody seriously injured and no doubt they will be closed for sometime now
Talking about the coming together of the gondolas in the station why do you consider it ‘quite a serious crash’
No one was hurt. Minimal damage and as a result the system was stopped and evacuation needed but again no one hurt.
Serious question.
Tillyfloss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Guess not... Let's shut the forum down lol
Now who is overreacting?

Lol, have a great day.
angelbabe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Mobile

Out of interest - anyone remember the gondola system in Fantasyland? When my 2 were little they felt hard done to unless it stopped at least once when they were on it. Maybe one day the skylines system will be met with similar affection.
Tillyfloss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
No matter what our personal views about this incident there is little doubt the following took place.

Disney will have declared this a major incident as per their operating procedures.
They will now be in a recovery phase regarding PR both today and for the future weeks
Financially this will bring them some angst due to having to bring back buses and also pay compensation be it as gift cards or maybe a law suit.

Notwithstanding all of the above I have little doubt they conducted a huge amount of adversarial testing of plans and procedures before the grand opening and those will now be picked over to see if any learning can be had or procedures amended.

In my book this was a major incident and thank goodness nobody was injured.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Jankz33
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
No matter what our personal views about this incident there is little doubt the following took place.

Disney will have declared this a major incident as per their operating procedures.
They will now be in a recovery phase regarding PR both today and for the future weeks
Financially this will bring them some angst due to having to bring back buses and also pay compensation be it as gift cards or maybe a law suit.

Notwithstanding all of the above I have little doubt they conducted a huge amount of adversarial testing of plans and procedures before the grand opening and those will now be picked over to see if any learning can be had or procedures amended.

In my book this was a major incident and thank goodness nobody was injured.
We arrived 30th June this year and they were testing them everyday...
Jankz33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It's only fair they provide fast passes how many rides were missed while people were dangling for two hours?
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List