Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 6 Oct 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Day 9 - The Day We Travelled Home and Almost Didn't Make It (What A Shame!)

Welcome to our trip report! I'll start off by introducing the family and a little about the name of the report in case you haven't read the pre-trippie.

We are a family of five and we returned from Orlando in November 2018. In September 2018 Virgin had a MASSIVE sale and I found a bargain for just over £300pp for direct flights, accommodation at Rosen Inn International and transfers for 9 nights! It was too good a deal to pass up so I booked it. I intended to tell everyone at Christmas but needed to tell Mr Grump earlier. We told the kids on Christmas morning and they were over the moon.

Find the Index HERE

Previous day is HERE

So this trip consisted of:

Myself (Kelly) - Chief planner and organiser ... none of the trip would have happened without me

Husband (Chris) - The laid back photographer one ... I guess it wouldn't have happened without him paying for it so I have to give him some recognition there

Caitlin (12) - total drama llama and pre teen one.

Thomas (10) - the cheeky brain box one.

Noah (6) - the cute one. Noah is autistic and struggles with change so holidays are quite often a challenge for him

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 9 - The Day We Travelled Home and Almost Didn't Make It (What A Shame!)

I didn't take any notes this holiday so I have no idea what time we got up we finished the rest of the packing and had promised the kids they could go to the park before we left so we took them down .. Chris and I ate the garlic burger that we'd kept in the fridge and warmed in the microwave before we left the room

The kid's played for a while 5 minutes before starting to argue and fight with each other Caitlin ended up getting time out as she pushed Noah over so we decided to get the car packed up and headed to the Vineland Outlets for a quick mooch and to get some links taken out of my watch as it was too big.

We went straight to Michael Kors and waited for it to open (was just before 10am) I went in and got my watch sorted then we had a little wander back to the car. On the way back I found a shop called Aeropostle which had a lovely dress in the window so we popped in.

I ended up with some underwear, a dress and a playsuit We went back to the car and managed to squeeze the new purchases into the cases

We drove to Disney Springs as I needed some make up from Sephora. We parked in the Lime Garage and went straight to Sephora then back to the car and drove round to the Virgin Check In desk at Disney Springs. There was only 1 family in front and we were seen fairly quickly. Such a quick easy process, we'd definitely use it again.

Cases sent off and we had decided on Millers for our last day meal ... particularly as kid's eat free on Tuesdays!

Millers Ale House

We arrived at 11.54am to the Millers near Disney Springs ... sorry I can't remember the name of it We were seated promptly and taken to a booth. So at Millers kid's eat free on a Tuesday, you don't need to print a voucher off for this. We also had a join up offer for a free portion of zingers I think (honestly can't remember but we definitely had a voucher) I asked if it was ok to use this with the kid's eat free and I was told that was fine.

We ordered the zingers with garlic, I ordered my first alcoholic drink since the awful wine at Discovery Cove and got a Cherry Limeade cocktail. This was just $4.95. It was quite nice but VERY strong everyone else had soft drinks.

The zingers arrived quite quickly although we didn't manage to get a photo. These were $10.79.

Chris and I bother went for:

Philly Cheese - Grilled, sliced beef, sautéed onions, American cheese, hoagie roll - $10.29

Chris enjoyed his. Mine was the same but I just didn't enjoy it at all. I'm not sure what I expected but I just didn't enjoy it. I found the fries to salty and the philly cheese rather dry. I'm not sure if the blues were kicking in and this has clouded my judgement?

Caitlin had:

Pepperoni Flatbread - Mozzarella, Parmesan, oregano, marinara sauce. - $7.99

She really enjoyed this and shared some of it with Thomas as he wasn't keen on his meal.

Thomas had:

Grilled Chicken Breast - All Kids’ Meals (except Spaghetti and Meatballs) include a kids’ beverage (Soda, Tea or Lemonade) and a special Blue Bunny® dessert! - $5.49

We're not sure why Thomas opted for the grilled chicken breast but he didn't enjoy it at all so he ended up sharing pizza with Caitlin.

Noah had:

Hot Dog - $5.49

As usual Noah didn't like this, Chris and I tried it and there was nothing wrong with it, he just didn't like it he managed to eat a few fries.

This was such a let down for us all, we really didn't seem to enjoy it. I'd be willing to give it another try again as I think the last day may have played a part in our opinions somehow.

We went to pay the bill and they hadn't taken the kids meals or the zingers off. We mentioned to our server and she came back and took the zingers off but left the kids meals on. I explained about the kids eat free and she went off again. This time she came back with a manager who explained you can't do the free zingers and kid's meals. I told him the server informed us that we could, but she denied saying that! I was too tired and annoyed to argue with them so we paid up and left. Had we known we couldn't use both together we wouldn't have ordered the zingers. We only ordered them as they were free

The total we paid was
$61 including tip.

We had intended on staying at Millers for dessert as we still had about an hour to kill, but the food and the trouble with the bill we decided to skip it and head to SnS for milkshakes instead.

Steak N Shake

It wasn't too busy in here today. Our server was great too, very chatty and friendly, a much better experience than the last 2 we've had here Noah opted for:

Side By Side - Vanocolate - $3.49

Caitlin had:

Specialty Shake - Birthday Cake - $3.69

Thomas:

Specialty Shake - Nutella - $3.69

I had:

Specialty Shake - Nutella Shake with added M&M's - $4.19

Chris had:

Specialty Shake - Very Berry Strawberry - $3.69

We all really enjoyed these apart from Chris. Not sure why he didn't enjoy it but he said he wouldn't get it again. The kids were way too big for them, I think Noah only had 2 or 3 mouthfuls

This came to around $19. We had $30 cash left and needed some for tolls so we left
$25 including the tip and kept the rest for the tolls back to the airport.

We were in the car on the way to the airport by 1.45pm. It was so hot the car was over 100F!

Now last time we came we used the magical express so weren't too sure which terminal we needed to be in or even where the car return was.

Now I can't remember which Chris choose but it was the wrong one We dropped the car off, grabbed all our hand luggage and documents etc and headed into the airport.

When we got into the airport I noticed that all the flights that were showing were internally we spent about 20 minutes walking up and down the check in desks before I spoke to someone who had no idea what I was talking about! I went and spoke to the helpdesk who informed us we were in the wrong terminal! it was now almost 3pm and our flight was 5pm ... I was beginning to panic now as we still needed to get through security and to the gate!

We rushed through the terminal and eventually got to the right one. We headed to security and this time we remembered to use the special assistance one for Noah (we forgot last year)

Once through we were on the tram to the gates. We arrived at the gates at 3.40pm a bit hot stressed and sweaty!

We popped into the shop and grabbed a few drinks and managed to find some seats in the departure lounge where we sat for 10 minutes or so. The kid's were getting a bit restless and winding each other up A lovely lady who had 3 kids too (approx 4, 2 and 6 months) looked over and said

'Never a good idea to have more kids than hands is it? '

I laughed and said trust me enjoy them whilst they're still that little, because once they can all argue and fight with each other you'll wish they were still like that

Just then we were called to board so we said goodbye and headed to the desk. We boarded the plane and from what I remember we left on time.

Plane Food

This was the menu for the return journey. Again not to my liking at all so I was struggling with what to choose. We had our pretzels and first drink. I gave my pretzels to Noah. I just had a soft drink on the return.

The kids menu was the same as the outbound menu with cheesey pasta.

Chris was really looking forward to getting the BBQ pork but they had ran out so he had to get the curry.

He said it was ok, but Chris will eat most foods and not complain

When they came to me they explained they had ran out of economy food and would I be ok with a meal from premium. I obviously didn't have much choice I actually really enjoyed this, Chris was very jealous he kept leaning over and eyeing it up

I ate half and gave the rest to Chris to keep him quiet honestly it's like having a 4th child at times

I managed to nap on and off but barely got any sleep at all I didn't take my sleeping tablets this time as I had Noah as Mr Grump was driving home.

Just before landing they came round with the pastry, yoghurt and cereal bar. The kids ate none of theirs, I ate the pastry and Chris ate the cereal bar. I also had a cup of tea.

I think from memory we landed on time and yet again we had no issues with our Virgin flight.

So that's it for this trip report. We really enjoyed eating offsite and being able to try different places, not having to be in a certain place at a certain time. It's definitely something we'd consider for future plans.

You may or may not know, but we're booked up for May 2020 - 19 nights on site at POR with the free QSDP, the trip report for that is here

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1143046

I'd like to take the opportunity to say thank you to everyone for reading and I'll try and do a highs, lows and future plans post to sum everything up but can't guarantee it as I'm back at Uni now for my final year!

Edited at 06:31 PM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thank you for a terrific trippie. I’ve really enjoyed reading along.
we’re also going in May 20. - can’t wait...
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Have really enjoyed reading your trippie again! Looking forward to your next one! Thank you for all the time you spent writing it!

Glad to hear you enjoyed staying offsite and trying new places- we have booked up for the end of next year to stay offsite with the idea to do the same and now I am second guessing it 🙈

Good luck with your final year! I finish in March - it feels so close now but also feel like I need to actually make some proper decisions about what to do next now Haha! Xx
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Fab trippie!

Good luck with your final year and mixing in planning Disney amongst it! I did it last year so it’s definitely doable haha!
arosiem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Good little trip to the shops for you before heading to the airport. I like the lounge wear in Aeropostale, nice and cheap for mooching around the house in. I'm actually dressed head to toe in Aero loungers just now!

Shame you didn't have great service in Millers, we've always found them to be good, although we haven't been to one near Disney Springs. It was very bad of your server to give you the wrong information then deny it to her manager . Great choice of Steak N Shake milkshakes for dessert.

I think there are signs as you approach the airport at MCO showing the different airlines, and you follow the signs for the terminal your airline flies from. Easy to say when you know what you're looking for though, it must have been stressful for you being in the wrong place at the time.

Thank you for sharing your trip Kelly, I've enjoyed reading along. Great to hear that you've booked again for next year too.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
Thank you for a terrific trippie. I’ve really enjoyed reading along.
we’re also going in May 20. - can’t wait...
Thank you so much for reading I really appreciate it!

Oh lovely, where are you staying? Seems there's quite a few going in May 2020, do you have a pre-trippie? I'd love to follow if you do x

Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
Have really enjoyed reading your trippie again! Looking forward to your next one! Thank you for all the time you spent writing it!

Glad to hear you enjoyed staying offsite and trying new places- we have booked up for the end of next year to stay offsite with the idea to do the same and now I am second guessing it 🙈

Good luck with your final year! I finish in March - it feels so close now but also feel like I need to actually make some proper decisions about what to do next now Haha! Xx
Thank you so much for reading along I really appreciate it.

I'm a bit stuck with the pre-trippie at the moment as there's not a lot I can update hopefully I can add a bit more in after ADR day.

I was really apprehensive about staying offsite but honestly it was so much more relaxed. Get signed up for hte coupons before you go too, some fab savings to be had.

Thank you, I think I'm going to need it really struggling with the motivation this year ... I think last year has done me in tbh but I will get there ... hopefully Good luck to you too, we can do this. What will you be qualified for, I know what I want to do but sadly I don't have the experience to get into it which is a massive pain! X

Originally Posted by arosiem View Post
Fab trippie!

Good luck with your final year and mixing in planning Disney amongst it! I did it last year so it’s definitely doable haha!
Thanks for following lovely and thank you, I'll get there in the end ... funnily enough my final assignment is due the week we go so hopefully that'll be the push I need! X

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Good little trip to the shops for you before heading to the airport. I like the lounge wear in Aeropostale, nice and cheap for mooching around the house in. I'm actually dressed head to toe in Aero loungers just now!

Shame you didn't have great service in Millers, we've always found them to be good, although we haven't been to one near Disney Springs. It was very bad of your server to give you the wrong information then deny it to her manager . Great choice of Steak N Shake milkshakes for dessert.

I think there are signs as you approach the airport at MCO showing the different airlines, and you follow the signs for the terminal your airline flies from. Easy to say when you know what you're looking for though, it must have been stressful for you being in the wrong place at the time.

Thank you for sharing your trip Kelly, I've enjoyed reading along. Great to hear that you've booked again for next year too.
I didn't look at the lounge wear ... it's definitely somewhere I've said to Mr Grump I'd like to go next time for a proper look around (and hopefully be a couple more stone down )

I think we would possibly go back but to a different location I just wish I could have been more bothered to argue back but I just wanted to up and leave which isn't like me normally!

We know for next time shame I can't remember which one we took though haha. We have the ME next time so don't need to worry about it.

Thank you for reading Lynda I really appreciate it I hope you have a wonderful trip too and I also hope your doing a trip report as I'd love to follow along xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Thank you so much for reading along I really appreciate it.

I'm a bit stuck with the pre-trippie at the moment as there's not a lot I can update hopefully I can add a bit more in after ADR day.

I was really apprehensive about staying offsite but honestly it was so much more relaxed. Get signed up for hte coupons before you go too, some fab savings to be had.

Thank you, I think I'm going to need it really struggling with the motivation this year ... I think last year has done me in tbh but I will get there ... hopefully Good luck to you too, we can do this. What will you be qualified for, I know what I want to do but sadly I don't have the experience to get into it which is a massive pain! X
Ah it always gets to that stage where there's not much you can do except wait! Looking forward to the ADR update though when it comes

Ah that's exactly what we were aiming for! Ah great thank you for the tip - will make sure I get signing up.

Funnily enough I am exactly the same now it feels like the end is in sight my motivation seems to have disappeared! It will be an amazing feeling once completed (I hope!) I will have an LLB in Law, originally I had intended on going on to do my LPC and qualify as a solicitor but trying to fit it in around children is overwhelming so I'm unsure of what I am going to do as of yet. Ah that is a pain! What have you been studying? x
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I love that the kids had a whole 5 minutes of getting along nicely in the park and all having fun together before Caitlin had to be sat out! It seems like it was a good idea to drop the bags at the Disney Springs check in at least you didn't have to lug them up and down the departures desks to find where you needed to be.

I'm still cross about the millers server not being truthful. What a cheek!

Looking forward as ever to your next adventure. Hope uni is going well this year for you. Will you be all finished by the time your next trip comes around? I hope so then you can just have fun and not be worrying about assignments and deadlines.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We’re staying in a villa on Indian Wells. Just my eldest daughter & me this time. We don’t do Disney much now ( spoiled by the early years of low/no crowds). Big sci-fi fans tho so will be going to MGM. Mostly Universal & Busch etc. My daughter would say mostly shopping. Lol.
Soz, I don’t do trippies cos I’m not very tech savvy. I’m only able to post photos from my iPad.
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great report! i enjoyed reading your food experiences. We go back next year and it will be our first time eating off site so was nice to get some idea from your trippie!
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List