Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Nov 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I've just looked back at my company emails and back in March this year we had several emails and invites to talks, panels and events about International Women's Day. Apparently, it was a "call to action for accelerating gender parity".

We didn't get a single email about International Men's Day today. Nor any single event celebrating the day. Not a word. Nothing.

snap

an american corporation ?
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I've just looked back at my company emails and back in March this year we had several emails and invites to talks, panels and events about International Women's Day. Apparently, it was a "call to action for accelerating gender parity".

We didn't get a single email about International Men's Day today. Nor any single event celebrating the day. Not a word. Nothing.

The day it becomes necessary to publicise International Men's Day to highlight the gender inequality suffered by Males is the day companies will start sending emails out promoting out.

For now console yourself in the fact that for most men, it's men's day every day of the year except for that one pesky women's Day that sneaks it's way into the calendar

Honestly the solution is for true equality then there would be no need for a men's or a women's Day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

My work certainly highlighted it. Particularly in the areas of male suicide (the biggest cause of death for men under 45) and prostate cancer.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

It's also World Toilet Day today as well
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
The day it becomes necessary to publicise International Men's Day to highlight the gender inequality suffered by Males is the day companies will start sending emails out promoting out.

For now console yourself in the fact that for most men, it's men's day every day of the year except for that one pesky women's Day that sneaks it's way into the calendar

Honestly the solution is for true equality then there would be no need for a men's or a women's Day.
Exactly
Equality doesn’t exist near me

Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Exactly
Equality doesn’t exist near me

That just sounds like a scheme dreamt up by a couple of 16 year old boys to see some naked women
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That just sounds like a scheme dreamt up by a couple of 16 year old boys to see some naked women
Or a couple of 70 year olds 😂
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

As Gill pointed out men do face issues such as the high rate of young male suicides. Men are not good at looking after their health as whole. Prostrate cancer is a big killer. I think there is a need for International Men’s Day.

Edited at 08:15 AM.
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve changed jobs this year and last year in my organisation. There was a lot of awareness about international men’s day. As gill says it’s good to raise awareness about things like suicide and mental health.

This year new company nothing even though everything else is very well celebrated.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Except International Men's Day is not about publicising gender inequality suffered by males. So I'm not sure why you raised that?

And although it is one topic of International Women's Day (and I agree it should be), IWD is not all about gender inequality suffered by women either.

IMD was supposed to be about "highlighting positive role models and raising awareness of men’s well-being". But it seems some people are actively against raising awareness of these things and instead think society should only promote female well-being and female role models.

One rule for one gender and a different rule for the other gender. I believe there's a word for that.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 12:51 PM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List