Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Jan 20, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Without prying OP have you failed previously for a lack of knowledge of the underlying material or because you haven’t applied it.

With the former it is rote learning like stopping distances in the Highway Code to take a random example, you just have to keep going in whatever way you can to get the info into your head. Rhymes, word association, writing the information down..etc.

If it is application then past papers or similar are the way to go so you feel more confident what the examiners are looking for. Generally there are only so many ways they can test knowledge on a particular subject.

Good luck don’t doubt yourself I’m sure you will get there.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

I suggest using Post-Its to my students, writing key formula and keywords on them, sticking them all around their bedroom walls, amazing how looking at something everyday helps it sink in. Then when they can recall it without even looking at it then take it down. It may help you.
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

Thanks for all the tips, i wouldn’t apply any of the learning in my day to day job, I just need to know the material to pass the test to keep the job
This will be third time lucky hopefully it’s 240 pages split into 7 chapters
Today I’ve read a chapter then answered test question hoping this will work
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023. Voco Dubai 2024
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mix up the study techniques. Say use mind maps for subject A and colour coordination for subject B. I found that moving around helps me. Not just sitting in one place.

Edited at 09:24 PM.
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I used to find writing the main points of each chapter into a bullet point list helped. I used different colours of paper for each list then tried to remember the lists. Reducing the weight of material into manageable bites makes it less overwhelming. Good luck, you can do it
Lola is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

I’ve recently done an exam and found mixing the methods helped (hopefully, results next week) I did flash cards- picked key information I would need and wrote them all on separate flash cards and wrote a relevant question on the other side which my family randomly asked me. I did some giant poster type sheets on each different system (about 30 in all) and forced myself to summarise on them to fit it all in.
I don’t find drawing helps especially but some of my friends really benefit from. IV diagrams.
I read the same information from a variety of sources, sometimes different phrasing helps it sink in. I also looked at loads of YouTube videos, from reputable sources. I also found some multi choice questions online which, although my exam was mainly short answer questions helped me to recall key information. Finally I did some practice papers which I marked myself to identify areas of weakness which I then re-revised.
Hope you are successful this time.
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by fletchie148 View Post
Thanks for all the tips, i wouldn’t apply any of the learning in my day to day job, I just need to know the material to pass the test to keep the job
This will be third time lucky hopefully it’s 240 pages split into 7 chapters
Today I’ve read a chapter then answered test question hoping this will work
From this I’d say you are missing a vital step out. You are reading and applying but not really doing anything in the middle to help you
learn and retain the information. The important thing that helps you to do this is to do something to turn it into something else. Things like flash cards, mind maps, recording, pictograms, bullet point lists etc. Then learning those key points.

Good luck