Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 Feb 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile Schindler’s factory?

Hi all,

Question for those that have been to Kraków.

We are currently here and yesterday attempted the factory but it was sold out for the day. We have some free time before our flight home on Thursday and I’m wondering whether we really should make an effort to go inside (we saw it from the outside on a tour yesterday).

We’ve had a full day at Auschwitz today which was very moving and are booked to go to the salt mines tomorrow & we plan to go to the underground roads on Thursday morning.

DH and the boys aren’t bothered either way about the factory, but I’m wondering if we should make the effort? Is it a must see?
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We did find the museum very interesting and we were probably inside for about 2.5 hours. I wouldn’t say you were necessarily missing out if you didn’t go but it was interesting. I was a little surprised that it was not really a museum dedicated to Schindler as such. It was a museum about Krakow during the war. There is also a lovely cafe directly across the road !
Have your sons something else in mind to do ?
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I found it informative but wouldn’t call it a must do. Have you seen deportation square opposite and the pharmacy at the edge of the Jewish ghetto? I also found the Galicia museum at the edge of kazimierz (the former Jewish district) really interesting.
Old 19 Feb 20, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thank you both - we have been to deportation square, but only saw the pharmacy briefly.

We are planning to have a lazy morning tomorrow as our flight isn’t until nearly 11pm, and we will be ‘homeless’ once we check out of the hotel at 11am.

I am struggling to find online tickets for the factory without paying for a guided tour and as we won’t be getting there first thing in the morning, I don’t know that it’s worth the trek over there from market square if we arrive and there are no tickets left. We are planning to go to the Rynek underground which is right here in the square, and there are plenty of places to revisit here in old town that we’ve only seen briefly, and we’ll have a leisurely lunch somewhere too before leaving for the airport around 6.30/7pm I guess. Hopefully we won’t be bored! 😂
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
On our last day we had quite a late flight too, we wandered around the square for a while and had a couple of hours in the Galeria Krakowska. It is a large modern shopping centre near the railway station. we had a meal in Kazimierz. Have you done a walking tour, visited the castle ?
The Eagle pharmacy in the square was a tiny museum but it really was very interesting. Like you say though it may be a trek across town. If you have only walked briefly round the old town I would probably go with that.
Enjoy your last day.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
On our last day we had quite a late flight too, we wandered around the square for a while and had a couple of hours in the Galeria Krakowska. It is a large modern shopping centre near the railway station. we had a meal in Kazimierz. Have you done a walking tour, visited the castle ?
The Eagle pharmacy in the square was a tiny museum but it really was very interesting. Like you say though it may be a trek across town. If you have only walked briefly round the old town I would probably go with that.
Enjoy your last day.
Hi thank you - DH mentioned the shopping centre and I think that might be a good shout as typically today is meant to be the coldest and only wet day of our trip, so could do with more time inside! Lol! Thank you 👍
Old 20 Feb 20, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Hi thank you - DH mentioned the shopping centre and I think that might be a good shout as typically today is meant to be the coldest and only wet day of our trip, so could do with more time inside! Lol! Thank you 👍
Have a good last day - the Bath and Bodyworks store in the mall may be an added bonus !
Old 20 Feb 20, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Have a good last day - the Bath and Bodyworks store in the mall may be an added bonus !
Ooh definitely - thanks for that, I know where we are going now! 👍😂