Old 17 Feb 20, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Four Moretons Go West Easter 2018 - Day 2 Bakersfield to Bass Lakes

Day 2 - Monday 26th March – Journey to Bass Lakes

We were all up around 5am so it was quite a decent night’s sleep. The hotel room was a lot nicer than the previous night at the Travelodge which probably helped.

We used the hotel Wi-Fi to catch up on Facebook. Breakfast was not included at the hotel, so we decided to get ready and head to IHOP, which after googling found it to be about 2 miles away. The boys love IHOP and always fill their bellies up. The service was good and the food was lovely and even when they were invaded by a team of softball players, they still provided good service.

Went back to the hotel and chilled for a bit before heading off on our way to Bass Lakes, on the way stopping at a Walmart in Rosedale. We stocked up on supplies for our trip to Yosemite. Lucas spent some of his money on figures ($20) we bought the travel version of the board game Scattergories. We love playing it at home and it was only $15. Bargain!

After Walmart, we still had 152 miles to go, it was a smooth journey with lovely views much better than our boring motorways and we arrived at the Pines Resort, Bass Lakes just after 2pm.

Our cabin was ready and we checked in to number 257. We had paid a little bit extra for a lake view. It was lovely and quiet we had a great view over the lakes from our balcony.

We did a bit of unpacking and then went off to explore the resort area. Our first impressions were WOW! What an amazing resort, it reminded me a bit of Kellermans in Dirty Dancing and we were looking forward to spending 3 nights here. I will let the photos do the talking.

We located the swimming pool, laundry, tennis courts and shops. We bought a couple of pizzas to put in the oven for tea. I didn’t want to do any more driving today so we just relaxed in the cabin by watching TV (mostly adverts) and playing Scattergories. I think we made it to just after 9pm before lights out. It was so peaceful, a world away from the hotel we stayed in at LAX!

LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DizzyDisneyMum
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Wow, what a stunning place to stay!
You all did so well to do so much in your first couple of days, I think the travelling would have flattened me for a while.
You have a great style of writing, looking forward to more
DizzyDisneyMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Looks amazing 😁
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DizzyDisneyMum View Post
Wow, what a stunning place to stay!
You all did so well to do so much in your first couple of days, I think the travelling would have flattened me for a while.
You have a great style of writing, looking forward to more
Thank you!
I highly recommend Bass Lakes to anyone visiting the Yosemite area for something a bit cheaper outside of the park itself, it really was beautiful. oh how i wish i was there now
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Wow, Bass Lakes looks beautiful. A million miles away from LA! I get what you mean about Kellerman's though

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Looks amazing! X
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List