Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 24 Feb 20, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
San Diego is lovely, we really enjoyed our time there. We are flying into Boston for this years roadtrip and have heard good things about it - accommodation is not cheap though.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Boston is rather lovely (see trip report in signature). It is friendly, compact, walkable and the airport is just across the river and thus a $10 taxi fare.

The Boston freedom trail is a great way to see some amazing history.

USS Constitution is awesome.

Harbour cruises and whale watching is easily accessible.

If not Boston, then San Diego. (See trip report in signature for overview).

The most pleasant USA city that I have ever visited..

Of the previously mentioned, I have been to San Francisco, LA, New Orleans, Washington, NY, Miami .

Edited at 01:47 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

We’ve done a number of road trips/twin centres over the years including New England, Phoenix and San Diego, Hilton head island and Asheville, California and Las Vegas and our most recent one was Colorado and Utah which was amazing. All of the national parks we’ve been to have been fabulous and an ‘America the Beautiful’ pass can be worthwhile depending on how many you pan to visit.
Old 24 Feb 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We went from Washington through Virginia, did Shenodoah NP (had a cabin), Gettysburg, Williamsburg (did Busch), and Chincoteague Island it was one of the best holidays we have had.

LostGirl

LostGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
PCBatman
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I would recommend Tennessee as it’s one of our favourite states, we are visiting again this year and are renting a house in the smokey mountains, so much to do and the scenery is stunning. new Orleans and Memphis are easily done Along with the smoky mountains and Nashville/Dollywood as a road trip as that is what we have done previously as well
Disneyland Paris - Nov 2018
PCBatman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnnyp
Imagineer

Johnnyp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Texas is another recommendation. We have stayed in Hurst both times close to a fantastic Italian restaurant.
Johnnyp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
joxxxxx
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

For a city break Boston or Chicago. For a longer trip a love the Pacific Northwest - I love Portland and the Oregon Coast is wonderful.
joxxxxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

San Antonio - for the Alamo the river walk and a drive into the hill country
Boston - same as others have said
Savannah Georgia - great food, buildings and scenery
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mini-mum View Post
We've had city breaks to New York, Washington and San Francisco and loved them all. Looking for dibbers suggestions of where to go next. Where do you recommend and why?
Savannah, Charleston is a good trip and I would also look at Boston and the area around Newport Rhodes Island
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

To throw a curve ball, would you consider Canada? Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver are all fabulous and Quebec City is lovely too but probably better twinned with Montreal rather than on its own!

I am in the minority but I am not a fan of Boston! Loved San Diego though!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List