Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 1 May 19, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

Just booked 8 nights at Jumeirah Al Naseem next month. Took your advice Collette hotel looks lovely. Now need to find some flights!
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh meant to ask what do others do about transfers? They are £20 each way through booking.com. I’ve had a package last two times to they were included.
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 1 View Post
Just booked 8 nights at Jumeirah Al Naseem next month. Took your advice Collette hotel looks lovely. Now need to find some flights!
It’s gorgeous Tink! Download the ismebyJumeirah app before you go. We got the Friday brunch at the beach club 2for1. Are you half board?
Re transfers, we have always had Emirates drop us off but also had the option of a hotel car staying club.
Taxis are really cheap as you probably know and I guess there will be loads at the airport
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 06:20 AM  
Link to this Post
LW2412
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Just found this thread, so much fab info!

We are booked to go to Dubai in November (just DH and I!) staying at the Fairmont on the palm. Is this a good choice? We are half board due to a long list of dietary issues but would really like to do a meal overlooking the fountains - can anyone suggest somewhere for one meat eater and one veggie who also can’t eat nuts or seeds?!

What would be everyone's must-do’s? We are planning a desert safari and would like to do the Burj Khalifa but otherwise have no real ideas!

Thanks
LW2412 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
It’s gorgeous Tink! Download the ismebyJumeirah app before you go. We got the Friday brunch at the beach club 2for1. Are you half board?
Re transfers, we have always had Emirates drop us off but also had the option of a hotel car staying club.
Taxis are really cheap as you probably know and I guess there will be loads at the airport
I did try but it has sent me a text code to register and now when I go back it to the app it says user exists enter 4 digit code! I’ll have to email them.

Yes we’re half board, looking forward to trying all the different restaurants, it’s one of the things which drew me to the Jumeirah group.

Re the transfer, I think we’ll just hop in a taxi then, they are crazy drivers though!

ETA - club was an extra £1500 and I think it’s unlikely we’ll spend that in 8 days so didn’t book it. The last couple of times we’ve had a late breakfast and been happy sharing a fruit platter for lunch. We like a drink but still.

Edited at 07:59 AM.
Old 2 May 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
I did try but it has sent me a text code to register and now when I go back it to the app it says user exists enter 4 digit code! I’ll have to email them.

Yes we’re half board, looking forward to trying all the different restaurants, it’s one of the things which drew me to the Jumeirah group.

Re the transfer, I think we’ll just hop in a taxi then, they are crazy drivers though!

ETA - club was an extra £1500 and I think it’s unlikely we’ll spend that in 8 days so didn’t book it. The last couple of times we’ve had a late breakfast and been happy sharing a fruit platter for lunch. We like a drink but still.
Why not ask about the club upgrade with the hotel direct. They will negotiate the closer you get.
Unlike most of the other Jumeirah hotels, some of the Al Naseem restaurants are external outlets which means you can’t use half board so just check the list before you book. This wouldn’t make any difference to me as there are still loads of others within walking/buggy distance
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by LW2412 View Post
Just found this thread, so much fab info!

We are booked to go to Dubai in November (just DH and I!) staying at the Fairmont on the palm. Is this a good choice? We are half board due to a long list of dietary issues but would really like to do a meal overlooking the fountains - can anyone suggest somewhere for one meat eater and one veggie who also can’t eat nuts or seeds?!

What would be everyone's must-do’s? We are planning a desert safari and would like to do the Burj Khalifa but otherwise have no real ideas!

Thanks
My friend regularly stays at the Fairmont, it’s a gorgeous hotel.
Regarding your meal, I like joes or karma kafe. However, you would need to check with them rev your dietary requirements. There are lots to chose from but just make sure it is one of the actual fountains view restaurants and they all claim to be “at the fountains!”. An outdoor terrace table is always nice and it shouldn’t be too hot/uncomfortable in November
Old 2 May 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
LW2412
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

My friend regularly stays at the Fairmont, it’s a gorgeous hotel.
Regarding your meal, I like joes or karma kafe. However, you would need to check with them rev your dietary requirements. There are lots to chose from but just make sure it is one of the actual fountains view restaurants and they all claim to be “at the fountains!”. An outdoor terrace table is always nice and it shouldn’t be too hot/uncomfortable in November
Great - thankyou!
LW2412 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Why not ask about the club upgrade with the hotel direct. They will negotiate the closer you get.
Unlike most of the other Jumeirah hotels, some of the Al Naseem restaurants are external outlets which means you can’t use half board so just check the list before you book. This wouldn’t make any difference to me as there are still loads of others within walking/buggy distance
Change of plan already! Just looking on BA and their pricing has come down so have now booked a package with them. Flights and club only worked out £1k. more than the hotel booking I had! 😊
Old 2 May 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Change of plan already! Just looking on BA and their pricing has come down so have now booked a package with them. Flights and club only worked out £1k. more than the hotel booking I had! 😊
Great deal! Transfers included too! Happy hour makes it all the more special