Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 8 Jan 20, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rachelhelen82 View Post
Just wondered if anyone who is due to travel in the near future is considering cancelling because of the current situation in Iran? We’re not due to go to Dubai until the end of May but not quite sure what to do now 🙁 We’ve booked through Emirates holidays so might give them a call to find out the cancellation fees.
Yip booked Atlantis the palm in July for ten nights - it’s amazing now feeling gutted - I don’t know what to do : uae is one of trumps allies from what I’ve read. I’m just not feeling hopeful. I lose deposit of £400 if I cancel ( unless the home office tell you not to go then you’d be covered ). 30th April
I have £5000 to pay them . I just don’t feel happy now

Edited at 07:19 PM.
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’d sit it out for now and see how it pans out. Check your t&c’s first of course.
For reasons I won’t post on here I think Dubai will be low on the list
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

We go at the beginning of April and at the moment we will just have to proceed as planned as our flights are booked and paid for and we won’t be covered if we decided to cancel. It’s too much money just to loose.. Although we will see how it pans out.
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
We go at the beginning of April and at the moment we will just have to proceed as planned as our flights are booked and paid for and we won’t be covered if we decided to cancel. It’s too much money just to loose.. Although we will see how it pans out.
Keep an eye on the government website and official travel advice. April is a great time to go, weather is perfect
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Keep an eye on the government website and official travel advice. April is a great time to go, weather is perfect
Will do
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
rachelhelen82
Imagineer

Mobile

So far we’ve paid £300 deposit with the balance to pay at some point in March. Think I’ll just have to sit it out and reassess then. The excitement has definitely gone 🙁
Disney Cruise Line ~ Disney Dream 2013
Disney Cruise Line Staycation ~ Disney Magic 2021
Hong Kong Disneyland 2016
Tokyo Disney Resort / Disneysea 2016
NYC 2016
Disneyland / California Adventure 2018
rachelhelen82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rachelhelen82 View Post
So far we’ve paid £300 deposit with the balance to pay at some point in March. Think I’ll just have to sit it out and reassess then. The excitement has definitely gone 🙁
I feel the same way😟
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jomarise
Getting Excited

Hi all, we are considering a trip for 5-6 days the first week in September. It will be me, my husband and 18 year old son.

Couple of questions for the experts, would our son be able to stay in the room with us?

Looking for a hotel with plenty to do around it (not bothered about the beach) My son will be comparing this to Florida so we will have to have lots planned. There are so many hotels I dont know which would be best. We are hoping to go to Motiongate - how do people get there?

Thanks
jomarise is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by jomarise View Post
Hi all, we are considering a trip for 5-6 days the first week in September. It will be me, my husband and 18 year old son.

Couple of questions for the experts, would our son be able to stay in the room with us?

Looking for a hotel with plenty to do around it (not bothered about the beach) My son will be comparing this to Florida so we will have to have lots planned. There are so many hotels I dont know which would be best. We are hoping to go to Motiongate - how do people get there?

Thanks
Yes he will be able to stay in your room, providing you book a room for 3 and name him etc.
There is plenty to do in Dubai and it’s really easy to get about, taxis are really cheap and readily available
Re hotels, the popular areas are around Jumeirah beach, the Marina or the palm. Just have a browse and see what takes your fancy, there are loads of deals around at the minute. Plenty of tips on here re half board, club, the entertainer which will help
Old 13 Jan 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by jomarise View Post

Thanks
Sorry just to add, it will still be fairly hot in September. Obviously nothing like July and August but still fairly high as it cools down from summer. However, plenty of cover for midday and the majority of motiongate is inside