Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 Jul 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mikeclark007 View Post
Wondering what the chances are of Dubai being added to the list of countries exempt from quarantine anytime soon.
Me too, I’m putting off booking something else!
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’ve seen a good AI option through Emirates Holidays i’m keen on.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Wondering what the chances are of Dubai being added to the list of countries exempt from quarantine anytime soon.
I’ve been wondering that too. If our October and November Disney trips get cancelled I would like to go to Atlantis for a week. We’ve been in October half term before and the weather was beautiful. The sea was warm and you could just stand in it all day catching a tan
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Wonder if they will drop the COVID test on arrival. Could be a disaster if asymptomatic!
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Wonder if they will drop the COVID test on arrival. Could be a disaster if asymptomatic!
I think the alternative is that you can be tested before departure as long as it’s within a certain amount of hours/days
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I think the alternative is that you can be tested before departure as long as it’s within a certain amount of hours/days
Yes its a 96-hour period but how does one go about even getting a test carried out with no symptoms purely to go on holiday?

My wife who is a nurse couldn't even get tested with actual symptoms back in March. She has had an AB test though which confirmed she had it but wondering how me and the 7 year old lad would get one - and the results back in that narrow window before departing. Seems like a none starter the more i think about it
Old 18 Jul 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Yes its a 96-hour period but how does one go about even getting a test carried out with no symptoms purely to go on holiday?

My wife who is a nurse couldn't even get tested with actual symptoms back in March. She has had an AB test though which confirmed she had it but wondering how me and the 7 year old lad would get one - and the results back in that narrow window before departing. Seems like a none starter the more i think about it
We have a couple of places doing them privately. Where do you live Mike?
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
We have a couple of places doing them privately. Where do you live Mike?
Scarborough, North Yorkshire. Surely as cases ease off as they have in this region that we should be able to get these at our GP - for a fee presumably.
Old 18 Jul 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Scarborough, North Yorkshire. Surely as cases ease off as they have in this region that we should be able to get these at our GP - for a fee presumably.
We have a few private places offering them around here - wasn’t sure how close you were.
Bupa are doing them nationally, I think it was about £60/70
Old 18 Jul 20, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

I'm interested in understanding more about the negative test certificate required to enter Dubai. We are due to go in October having re-arranged from April, just waiting and hoping for the Foreign Office now to give us the green light!

My understanding was you had to have a negative Covid test and provide a certified medical certificate if having them done prior to leaving the UK. I didn't think the antibody test was accepted? I may have mis-understood it.

The tests i'm seeing cost £250 and for a family of 4 it's looking like a crazy additional cost. If they accept the BUPA ones at £65 that's great. Also, I can't see any information on the tests available on arrival in Dubai and how much they cost? Also, where would you wait until you got the results?

My sister has just flown to Austria and they were required to have tests on arrival which had to be paid for but they let them go on their onward journey with the condition they self-isolated at the place they were staying if the tests came back positive. I can't seem to think authorities in Dubai will be that relaxed in their approach
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List