Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Aug 19, 03:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile Storm

I know its still all guessing and we dont go for a little while but what if this does batter Disney 😩🤞
Donz1979 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 05:02 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

If it's bad the parks will close for the duration. Once
it passes it'll be business as usual ,might be two days maximum .
Hurricanes aren't unusual in Florida but by the time they reach inland Orlando usually have lost most of their force.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I was amazed at how the parks cope but then Florida are used to it.
I think Matthew in 2016 and then Irma were the only two times since Andrew where parks closed down and that was only for approx 24 hours.
Just listen to advice, follow instruction and all should be well. The most at threat are those on the coast.
We were there for Matthew and thought it would ruin the holiday, we’d been tracking the storm before we left, but in the end although we lost a day it was an interesting experience to see how the state copes.
In fact our family in the UK were more worried than we were as reports in the UK seemed to be apocalyptic compared to the reality
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

My daughter is over there now. My only concern is she is supposed to fly to Newark on Tuesday and I suspect that flight may get cancelled. Her flight back to the UK isn’t until Friday so hopefully it wont cause long term disruption.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Ahh this is good to hear, I know its like 'the norm' to them maybe as we arent used to them we panic a bit more, I just hope there is no serious damage.
Donz1979 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
Ahh this is good to hear, I know its like 'the norm' to them maybe as we arent used to them we panic a bit more, I just hope there is no serious damage.
2 years ago we were waiting to go and Hurricane Irma was heading there. Everyone kept going on how we wouldn’t be able to go etc. I watched the coverage constantly and it was awful - really scary to watch. I believe WDW close maybe for 1 or 2 days. We went a few weeks after and you had no idea. There was no signs really anywhere of what had happened.
Ellelledee is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Yeah the Americans all deal with very well ... we’ve luckily never experienced it ( there’s still time lol ) and hopefully we never do! It is amazing how there’s never been any real damage to the parks... fingers crossed that stays the same !
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
andrew1968
Helping Mickey

Has anyone been at a Universal hotel during a hurricane? We're due to arrive there on Sunday... And I'm panicking a bit... 😟

I've been reading the Dorian thread, and there's lots of talk about buying water etc, but I assume that's for people staying in Villas... so I was wondering what the situation is in the hotels during a storm?
andrew1968 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

The hotels will be well prepared with food and activities. In hotels with internal corridors you will be able to get to the restaurants where food will be provided.

Hotels with external corridors are trickier but I’m sure the hotel have systems in place.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
andrew1968
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
The hotels will be well prepared with food and activities. In hotels with internal corridors you will be able to get to the restaurants where food will be provided.

Hotels with external corridors are trickier but I’m sure the hotel have systems in place.
That's good to know Bev, thanks very much 🙂👍

We're staying at the Portofino Bay hotel, which from what I can see, has internal hallways, I think.
andrew1968 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List