Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Oct 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Mobile Ocean Florida

Anyone else had this happen?
Today I received a promotional email with some good prices for later this month. Clicked the link and filled in the on line form for a quote. I did enter the wrong mobile number but the correct email address. I got an email immediately from Ava who asked for my mobile number to confirm some details or we could use email. All good!
I returned her email being more specific about what I was looking for and included a comment as to previous dealings with them. I received quotes last year and been clear that I was waiting for other members of my party to confirm annual leave. I said I was happy with the quote but not in a position to proceed. I was called and emailed for a few days and eventually had to email the agent to say my daughter had not been able to get her annual leave approved. I thanked the agent and said how disappointing it was.
Fast forward to release of free dining this year and I made contact with the same agent and asked for a quote. He was very rude and wanted to know how serious I was as he had wasted his time last year. After me pointing out I thought it was his job he emailed a none sense quote for different dates/location etc.
I have previously booked hotel only with them.
I told today’s agent that at this stage I was looking for a quote and if she was after a confirmed booking I would look elsewhere
Guess what - I did not hear back🥴
So dibbers, have I got the wrong idea of a travel agent’s job?
Anyone else experienced this?
Sorry for the rant!
Tillyfloss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I think with that reaction I would Take my custom elsewhere almost irrespective of possible quote!
I have booked with them 4 times, no issues, same rep, always helpful in fact came back to me with options I had not even requested to save me money! However this year a different rep and I felt she was not really interested, I had to chase her over things and no incentives were offered ( I have had money cards up to $500 offered). In the end I did DIY, I did go back to her and told her what I had done, did not get a reply
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Mobile

Maybe you got the same agent as me!
I certainly will not be asking again.
Tillyfloss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Joirish
Earning My Ears

Mobile

I had several phonecalls ,text messages and emails from Ava after I did an online quote. When I got back to her with more specific details plus a really good price for Virgin flights I also said I couldn't talk whilst at work . She never got back to me and I've since booked everything myself so they lost my business too.
Joirish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I think that is rude and they need a lesson in customer service. Yes, he may have done a lot to work for you last year and that may have been why you went back to them, but because of their response they have lost your business. They need to realise that business comes back around if you offer good customer service consistently.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

I would absolutely go elsewhere.

I used to be a travel agent and it is sooo frustrating when you spend a lot of time getting quotes together and then the person goes elsewhere. BUT it’s was MY job as the agent to close the sale. To build a rapport, make a good offer. If all else fails, you wait for the next opportunity.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for your replies.
Needless to say I will not be contacting them again.
I agree customer service is paramount and in the current climate I think a little extra goes a long way.
Just to say, my original enquiry was for flights from MAN, specific dates and a universal resort hotel! Wouldn’t have thought that would have involved a huge input!
Old 6 Oct 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Well, it appears Ocean Florida may read thedibb.
I had an email, in spam from another agent of theirs
I’d wanted universal resort hotel, dates from 24/10, last date to fly home 1/11. Duration flexible within those dates.
I got Avanti resort dep MAN 24/10 via PHL ...
Return from MCO 24/10 !
Mmmm 🙄

Edited at 09:48 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 6 Oct 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tillyfloss View Post
Well, it appears Ocean Florida may read thedibb.
I had an email, in spam from another agent of theirs
I’d wanted universal resort hotel, dates from 24/10, last date to fly home 1/11. Duration flexible within those dates.
I got Avanti resort dep MAN 24/10 via PHL ...
Return from MCO 24/10 !
Mmmm 🙄
How would they know it's you though? None of your personal details are in your post, eg name, email address. It may have already been in your spam folder and you missed it. I've done that a few times.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
How would they know it's you though? None of your personal details are in your post, eg name, email address. It may have already been in your spam folder and you missed it. I've done that a few times.
Just a light hearted comment Andybear. No I hadn’t missed it it was delivered late yesterday afternoon.
I’ve have 2 promotional, generic emails from them today. Time to unsubscribe.